Movies | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Movies

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
Watched Jaws again the other night, it is simply brilliant. Released in 1975 but timeless. Spielberg masterpiece. John Williams masterpiece.
One of the best lines in movies :giggle:
English version is - We're going to need a Bigger Bat.

Reactions: 1 user

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Channel 9 have to get off drugs and stop playing Can't Stop the Music film every New Years Eve.

What is it now 20 years??

• Haha

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
same, Ive never seen Jaws or eaten McDonalds !
Seen Jaws a few times, ripper of a movie. Unfortunately have to admit to eating McChewnspew on probably a dozen occasions over the last fifty years or so. The most recent probably around 15 / 20 years ago. On occasion been out with others all too happy to get a feed at Macca's but have never at any time understood why anyone would bother eating the stuff.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
I'm sure there's whingers that don't like anything they do, anything Disney, Marvel or anyone does. I thought it wasn't too bad, it showed his past and answered some questions over it. It's got a pretty good tick so far, looking forward to the next episode. And Ahsoka Sahn, Obi-Wan, Mandalorian episodes to hit in '22, it's going to be a big year man :giggle:

(My idea of retirement is Kho Samui or Phuket apartment, wake up at 10-11, grab a beer and the AFL starts around that time 1.40pm here and Thailand 3hrs behind Oz time. Watch footy until 7pm there time when it finishes around 10pm here, which is still early enough to go out to the bars, have a drink, eat with some fun thrown in :p)
Been a Disney fan since I was a little snot nose n black n white 18 inch T.V. screens were all the rage. Also more than happy to watch Marvel movies having grown up with the comics. No idea why, just never bothered to watch a star wars movie.

Retiring to Thailand would mean no live matches, just T.V. Not sure the cook would approve of me just nipping over there for my retirement.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
I'm with Marty Scorsese, superhero movies are theme-parks. Star Wars the First was great, went downhill from there. The Madalorian seemed ok from the one ep I watched.

I really am not far from yelling at clouds I guess.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
Just finished a Bruce Lee Day :cool: Jeez that man was lightning quick. That kick was so fast and hearing Kareem, James Covurn, Chuck Norris talk about him, they were in awe of him. Of course everyone on set wanted a piece of him. Didn't work out good for them :LOL::ROFLMAO:

Screenshot_20211230-192449_Calendar.jpg

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
I like when Brad Pitt body-slammed him into a car.
Yeah that was funny :LOL: But U can do anything in movies, Brad couldn't do it in real life though, especially with him trying to protect his 'black' painted girly nails ;)

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
I'm with Marty Scorsese, superhero movies are theme-parks. Star Wars the First was great, went downhill from there. The Madalorian seemed ok from the one ep I watched.

I really am not far from yelling at clouds I guess.
I’m with you and Marty on this one.

yelling at clouds is underrated.

Reactions: 2 users

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
I’m with you and Marty on this one.

yelling at clouds is underrated.
I agree as well too a point. Been saying for a long time Hollywood is for entertainment - British, French, Danish, Norwegian, Korean, Japanese etc are for scripts and a storyline. America is the land of hype and bluff. So I'll watch Hollywood for the big budget blockbuster entertainment movies and the rest with their cheaper budgets where they have to spend the money on writing a script and having to act. Am big at the moment going through Danish, Norwegian and Korean films and TV series :cool:

(On another note, Scorsese doco series 'My Voyage to Italy' 1999, a voyage on his youth growing up watching Italian movies is a fantastic look through his eyes, and you can see his artistic talents and love for cinema are as good as you can find. Well worth a watch if you're a movie buff :giggle:)

Reactions: 1 users

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
I agree as well too a point. Been saying for a long time Hollywood is for entertainment - British, French, Danish, Norwegian, Korean, Japanese etc are for scripts and a storyline. America is the land of hype and bluff. So I'll watch Hollywood for the big budget blockbuster entertainment movies and the rest with their cheaper budgets where they have to spend the money on writing a script and having to act. Am big at the moment going through Danish, Norwegian and Korean films and TV series :cool:

(On another note, Scorsese doco series 'My Voyage to Italy' 1999, a voyage on his youth growing up watching Italian movies is a fantastic look through his eyes, and you can see his artistic talents and love for cinema are as good as you can find. Well worth a watch if you're a movie buff :giggle:)

Like all genres, superhero movies have good and bad ones with a weighting to more bad ones. Spider-Man NWH is definitely one of the better ones.,

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
Like all genres, superhero movies have good and bad ones with a weighting to more bad ones Spider-Man NWH is definitely one of the better ones.,
Yep like all genre's. Horror is my hate, hardly a good one comes from that genre. So boring :sleep: I can give you a list of Western's I grew up on that were absolutely horrific as well. You'd watch John Ford, John Wayne and Clint Western's for sure but Audie Murphy movie's for one, he made heaps of garbage Western's in the 50's and 60's. Probably 4 good one's, 41 :poop: Move to the 70's and 80's and heaps of garbage was made. Ishtar, Bolero just a couple. Even on here, TigerForce was mentioning 'Can't Stop The Music' the other day, a classic or not? :unsure::banana

K3

Tiger Legend
Oct 9, 2006
Watched Tomorrow War the other week. Loved the creatures but everything else was worse than meh.

If you still watch it, do yourself a favour and turn off before the last 3-4 minutes. Beyond cringe worthy stuff!

• Sad

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
Watched Tomorrow War the other week. Loved the creatures but everything else was worse than meh.

If you still watch it, do yourself a favour and turn off before the last 3-4 minutes. Beyond cringe worthy stuff!
Yeah the concept was good but it was definitely missing in lots of other area's :(