MRP | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

MRP

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Milli-second late & already leaving the ground at full pace. I have no doubt Rioli marks this if Rowell pulls up a touch short.
We ask our players to make an aerial contest but if someone gets hurt you can't suspend them.
There's truck loads of marking contests where players get hurt because someone in the contest was reckless. One could say Rowell has little self care here too?
Very slippery slope..

View attachment 14839

Rowell seems to be in the textbook knacker protecting stance?

Why arent The aFL protecting the nuts?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
Good to see we are contributing to AFL coffers this week for a stupid but harmless Pickett act and staging by Butler after he started the problem. We should automatically offer up a contribution to the AFL every week to save them the trouble citing one of our team!

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Good to see we are contributing to AFL coffers this week for a stupid but harmless Pickett act and staging by Butler after he started the problem. We should automatically offer up a contribution to the AFL every week to save them the trouble citing one of our team!
Pisses me off more on how we just accept this.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Pisses me off more on how we just accept this.
Unfortunately, there’s not much else we can do. Appeal, and they’ll suspend him (they’ll never admit they got it wrong). Can’t publicly complain. We’re stuffed. Just have to accept it.

• Angry
Reactions: 1 users

Feeling Tigerish

Tiger Champion
Apr 11, 2009
Cmon guys, I’m as one eyed as the best of them but it was definitely there. Lucky it wasn’t more of a penalty imo

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Cmon guys, I’m as one eyed as the best of them but it was definitely there. Lucky it wasn’t more of a penalty imo
Why is tripping a fine? It's just part of the game when a free kick is given. The GWS player who did that to Balta didn't cop any fine.

pete and tys

Tiger Superstar
Feb 19, 2009
Why is tripping a fine? It's just part of the game when a free kick is given. The GWS player who did that to Balta didn't cop any fine.
Its funny really.
In the NRL tripping is a completely legitimate way of stopping an opponent.
I think it should be allowed.
PS..didn't English punch Nank in the face in a centre bounce? Caused him to go off bleeding.
So is tripping more unacceptable than a punch to the face?
Bizarre really. AFL is farcical.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: 2 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Ryder offered 2 weeks is ridiculous.
First the bump is dead now the brace is dead.
Tackling will be next. Then reckless collision in a marking contest & soon enough we will be left with basketball by foot. Concussion is changing the game so fast.

Reactions: 2 users

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
The Ryder decision highlights how scared the AFL is about concussion. The game is changing fast.
Does my head in. Just make the players sign a waiver that they are aware of the risk if the play and that is conditional if you want to play the game. If you don't want to drown, don't swim.