MRP | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

MRP

I just some guy call SEN on Dwayne’s show saying THAT Cotchin acted , actually started first by HEADBUTTING Franklin aimed at his chest.

Gets worse every day.

RFC come out , in the media, or when it’s time for Dimma to come out in the media and talk AND make it loud & clear the CHARACTER of Trent Cotchin.
On social media there is a lot of hate for Cotchin. People still dredge up the 2017 incident with Shiel even now as evidence that he is a protected species.
It’s pathetic really, there isn’t a club in that land who wouldn’t have liked him as their skipper.

• Angry
Reactions: 3 users
If you booed Goodes after he pointed out a clearly racist comment made by a young girl in the crowd and directed at him, then your booing is racist.

It is clear that Goodes would not have been booed to the same extent, nor would he have been called an ape, unless he was a blackfella.

The booing of Goodes was racist, we all know this. Denying it is either racist or incredibly ignorant.

DS
Lots of players get booed for lots of different reasons including Ablett Jnr, Jab Watson, Richo, Lynch, Ballantyne, Farmer, Hird and Roo's. Often its the teams stars who cop it because the opposition supporters know they stand between them and a win.

Some of it is misplaced and some of it justified if the player regularly carries on like a flog.

I never booed Goodes but I don't blame some of those that did.

People get liked or disliked due to their actions and what they tend to say (no different on here). Goodes objective in trying to reduce racisim was fine but he went about it in a way that most people didn't like.

Eddie Betts went about it a lot differently and is a lot more respected as a result. Others like Winmar, Long. Stephen Michael, Polly Farmer and Bill Dempsey were also far more effective in bringing about positive change through mutual respect and learning.

Goodes lost a lot of folks when he pretended to throw a spear at the opposition supporters and then said he had a cultural right to do that. The people he did it too saw it as an overtly aggressive act and responded accordingly. At the end of the day Goodes only has himself to blame for how he is now perceived.

He tried to be a leader for change but in the end his aggressive approach was completely ineffective and if anything had the opposite effect.

Now he wants to sook about it and not take any responsibility for his own actions and behavior. If he was a half decent leader he'd be tying to learn where it all went wrong.

Last edited:
  • Dislike
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users
If you booed Goodes after he pointed out a clearly racist comment made by a young girl in the crowd and directed at him, then your booing is racist.

It is clear that Goodes would not have been booed to the same extent, nor would he have been called an ape, unless he was a blackfella.

The booing of Goodes was racist, we all know this. Denying it is either racist or incredibly ignorant.

DS
It seems like we disagree on Goodes, David. But we’re each entitled to an opinion. Even if you’re wrong.
I booed him before that incident. And I was consistent after it.
It was through his previous actions, not his skin colour. Then it was his self righteous attitude after.

Me, I admire Eddie Bette’s immensely, as a player and a indigenous advocate. He’s more about educating people, not promoting himself. Now that’s my opinion.

I remember the discussion when the swans indigenous players did the “war dance” (against Carlton?) when he emulated throwing a spear at the crowd. Some condoned that some didn’t like it. Some thought his actions then demonstrated an angry “up yours”. Not the action of pride,inclusiveness (or education of the masses)

I certainly haven’t booed any other indigenous player. How many of those “ignorant or racists” boo every other indigenous player?
Or is the argument they’re selective “racists”.
What are they if they boo a white player?

But maybe I’m ignorant. And not very smart. I’ve never claimed otherwise, but what does *smile* me off is the generalisation “that people are racist or ignorant” re Goodes, when those accusers don’t know what’s in a persons heart or know them personally. Even to the extent of having personal experiences and close indigenous family friends for many years.

I wonder what you’d say if an indigenous person booed Goodes. I’d love your reply on that.
And yes, I have quite a few indigenous mates who didn’t like him. And booed him.

But that’s just my take on it. Others are free to have their own opinions and views.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Lots of players get booed for lots of different reasons including Ablett Jnr, Jab Watson, Richo, Lynch, Ballantyne, Farmer, Hird and Roo's. Often its the teams stars who cop it because the opposition supporters know they stand between them and a win.

Some of it is misplaced and some of it justified if the player regularly carries on like a flog.

I never booed Goodes but I don't blame some of those that did.

People get liked or disliked due to their actions and what they tend to say (no different on here). Goodes objective in trying to reduce racisim was fine but unfortunately for him he went about it in a way that most people didn't like. Eddie Betts went about it a lot differently and is alot more respected as a result.

Goodes lost a lot of folks when he pretended to throw a spear at the opposition supporters and then said he had a cultural right to do that. The people he did it too saw it as an overtly aggressive act and responded accordingly. At the end of the day Goodes only has himself to blame for how he is now perceived.

He tried to be a leader for change but in the end his method was completely ineffective and if anything had the opposite effect.

Now he wants to sook about it and not take any responsibility for his own actions and behavior. If he was a genuine leader he be tying to learn where it all went wrong.
Well said.

Reactions: 1 users
I just some guy call SEN on Dwayne’s show saying THAT Cotchin acted , actually started first by HEADBUTTING Franklin aimed at his chest.

Gets worse every day.

RFC come out , in the media, or when it’s time for Dimma to come out in the media and talk AND make it loud & clear the CHARACTER of Trent Cotchin.
Lol..who headbutts someone’s chest FFS.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Bailey Smith responded to Tuohy's headbutt. Not right but both should go.
Toohey 2 weeks. Smith 3 for more forceful contact. There's no place in the game for that action.
Terrible look. Aggressive non football action you'd see in a pub after midnight.

Pickett should have got off. This stuff is rubbish by comparison.

Reactions: 10 users
Christian now musing what sentence to give both players

Tv Show Rainbow GIF by Big Time Gaming

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Back it up a sec...... Headbutt a bloke when the quarter is finished and you only get TWO WEEKS???

WTAF?

Geez Marlion was robbed. MRP is an embarrassment.

They'd be better off scrapping it altogether and just let players self-penalise.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Did we get fined for a having a bye or any player they forgot to penalise in previous games?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
If Lynch did that he’d go straight to tribunal and get 8 weeks

Reactions: 6 users