MRP | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

MRP

Marlion Pickett would be scratching his head. Seriously.
Read an article today where the writer claimed Richmond wasted their time and money on an appeal that was doomed to fail and was critical of us tying up resources because it cost us $10k from our soft cap.
Claimed we only did it because of the optics of trying to get Marlion available for dreamtime.
In the same week, I hear that the tribunal has come down heavily on Bailey Smith and given him two weeks for a minor head clash.
Seriously you couldn’t make this sh#t up

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Dislike
Reactions: 2 users
Read an article today where the writer claimed Richmond wasted their time and money on an appeal that was doomed to fail and was critical of us trying up resources because it cost us $10k from our soft cap.
Claimed we only did it because of the optics of trying to get Marlion available for dreamtime.
In the same week, I hear that the tribunal has come down heavily on Bailey Smith and given him two weeks for a minor head clash.
Seriously you couldn’t make this sh#t up
The folly was that we tried to downgrade the rating when in 2022 a high bump is automatically graded as medium. We should've argued there was no head contact or not at all. It goes to show how messed up the game is that they implement controls to automatically suspend football actions however punches and head butts are up for negotiation.

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
"He threw an imaginary spear at the crowd" would have to be the most laughably pathetic rationalisation I've ever read. Was he mean to the tooth fairy as well?

• Dislike
Reactions: 5 users
Heard an interesting comment, someone's kid asked them why did Buddy win the BOG medal when he hit someone? Parent struggled to answer and was pissed off. B&F principle and all that. Its a good question. To the letter of the law he wasn't reported on the night, so benefit of the doubt. But anyone with any footy knowledge knew he would have a case to answer for clocking someone in the head. Its not a huge thing, but its just another example of how loose the AFL is, in any official AFL award any player who has done an obvious dirty act that will be cited, that could spark a question like that, should have a line put through them, just like the brownlow. It wouldn't be hard, everyone would accept it. If the head was actually consistently sacrosanct they would.

Reactions: 3 users
Not sure if discussed but has Weightman been fined for his free kick "stage"?
If it had been Optimus 1/ there would be an uproar 2/ he would get weeks or heavy fine.
So why oh why does Diver Weightman escape sanction/discussion.
Oh, forgot, City Hall is corrupt.

Reactions: 1 users
Once again the AFL creating inconsistency and controversy, and then sitting back and chortling at the uproar it creates in the media, on talkback and amongst fans in general. Their social media and data analytics teams are producing reports by the week that make the AFL executive very very happy. They don't care the product itself is being damaged. It's about staying #1 in the sporting media landscape.

• Angry
Reactions: 1 users
If it had been Optimus 1/ there would be an uproar 2/ he would get weeks or heavy fine.

Don't be silly. Only Richmond players are cited for staging.

Reactions: 1 user
Not sure. As bad as Weightman is, I don't think he should have been fined - it is too hard to be consistent. Chad Wingard's from a last week or the week before was the worst I've seen this year and it barely rated a mention.

Reactions: 1 user
At this point the AFL should go back to the old style tribunal system. There may have been some inconsistencies but the results were better than what we're getting now.

Reactions: 3 users