MRP | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

MRP

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
I wonder if they've been watching us train this week?

Can't let a week go.by without fining a richmond player, surely!
Christian probably going over the training videos.
Marlion fined for throwing his boots to the ground. Potential to cause injury to them
Nank fined for being going up early to training
Dusty fined for giving the gate “a don’t argue”
Bolton given a warning but raised to a fine, for glancing at himself while the video was going
Broad and Vlaustin fined for grappling with one another. Broady appealed, he was shaking hands, wishing Vlas, happy birthday. Upheld
gagf

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Toby Greene is bloody stiff.
Other guy dangerously goes back with the flight & Greene gets suspended.
Yet some people think he deserves as many as 4 weeks.
Honestly footy is so confused right now.

Reactions: 8 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Both players did nothing wrong. Toby looked after Boyd. Shocking decision.

Reactions: 6 users

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
Both players did nothing wrong. Toby looked after Boyd. Shocking decision.
It looked to me that Greene was going for the mark and had his eyes on the ball the whole time until the last few seconds when he braced himself. I didn’t think it was reportable. Unfortunately, I thought the same with mansell last year and we know what happened there

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Yep. That is crap. The game is in decline, and its an administrative led decline. Pathetic.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users

Tigaman

Tiger Champion
May 23, 2010
Eddie Betts submitted a good character reference for Charlie Cameron appearance at AFL Appeals Board last week. Will he provide one for West Coasts Barrass this week as it appears Barrass will appeal ?.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
It looked to me that Greene was going for the mark and had his eyes on the ball the whole time until the last few seconds when he braced himself. I didn’t think it was reportable. Unfortunately, I thought the same with mansell last year and we know what happened there
Everyone is confused.

Are players just supposed to pull out of contests?

Our game is built on contests.

Reactions: 5 users

Tigaman

Tiger Champion
May 23, 2010
Eddie Betts will be busy having to put three character references for Barass Toby & Hoges for their Appeals.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Greene thought he was gunna go for the mark n then never bothered to attempt to mark, just launched n tucked up the whole time. Lucky he did no damage so only copped a week.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Greene thought he was gunna go for the mark n then never bothered to attempt to mark, just launched n tucked up the whole time. Lucky he did no damage so only copped a week.
He actually has his arms in a chest mark position up until he leaves his feet. He then braces for contact when the Carlton guy gets there at the same time. His eyes never leave the ball. What about the responsibility of the idiot going back with the flight? Surely he cannot play recklessly and get rewarded and expect everyone else to jump out of his way? What gives him such rights over a guy coming the other way? Surely everyone doesn't have to give way just because he can't see them?

Ridiculous. The game cannot ignore the responsibility of all players, not just some going in the opposite direction to others.

And it all happens in a blink.

Reactions: 8 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne

Yes, I think this is the case. I suppose when he realised he wasn't going to make it in time to mark he should have pulled out of the contest. It is going to be difficult to sort this out as there is so little time for the player to try and avoid the collision in that situation. But, if a collision occurs and concussion is the result then we have a rather large problem.

While this is not easy to sort, the AFL and their gross inconsistency in how they deal with these situations is not helping, quite the opposite.

DS

shad

Tiger Champion
Apr 6, 2010
Castlemaine
Standing under a high ball and running back with the flight are the bravest acts in footy. They are brave because you get smashed-it's inevitable. You can't really penalise somebody for something that can't be avoided.

Reactions: 1 user

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
Standing under a high ball and running back with the flight are the bravest acts in footy. They are brave because you get smashed-it's inevitable. You can't really penalise somebody for something that can't be avoided.

Brave is a synonym for stupid.

Reactions: 1 user

Tigaman

Tiger Champion
May 23, 2010
This week it will be great mates off the field eg Player A " I had no intention of injuring of Player B as we are great mates off the field during the off season with charity work etc etc . The only way I could stop him from playing on was to grab him around the waist pinning his arms & roll him. I could not protect his head because if I grabbed him above the shoulders I would have had a free kick against me. His head hitting the ground was accidental. ".

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
He actually has his arms in a chest mark position up until he leaves his feet. He then braces for contact when the Carlton guy gets there at the same time. His eyes never leave the ball. What about the responsibility of the idiot going back with the flight? Surely he cannot play recklessly and get rewarded and expect everyone else to jump out of his way? What gives him such rights over a guy coming the other way? Surely everyone doesn't have to give way just because he can't see them?

Ridiculous. The game cannot ignore the responsibility of all players, not just some going in the opposite direction to others.

And it all happens in a blink.
Yeah, pretty stiff i reckon- Greene deserves plenty of his suspensions, and has probably gotten away with other things that he should have got done for, but in this instance to me it looks like he is going for the mark than protects himself very late once he realises he isnt going to get there.
I reckon a few other players might have got off in the same circumstances.