MRP | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

MRP

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Im sure all players attend some sort of anti vilification program at some stage. But I’m not sure if they all go through it each year or just the 1st year players. Or how often they have a refresher on racial, sexual vilification! drugs and gambling.
I’ve no idea how who even runs them, whether it’s the an afl department or whether it’s outsourced.
If they're anything like the corporate " training " courses I've been on over recent years. Most of them are droning discussions with a bit of tick n flick answer sessions where the trainers will hint, suggest n nudge you through the incorrect responses until you finally hit the correct one that they want you to find. They'll do anything bar hand you the correct answers to ensure you pass the " training " course. Just so everything looks good on their resume and yours.

Reactions: 2 users

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
Maybe I'm old, or have a weird perspective on things, but the racism penalties better be more than 3 weeks going ahead, and incredibly severe for spectators who offend.

Reactions: 4 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Laura Kane is no different to anyone else at AFL House, just toeing the company line and excusing the massive inconsistencies the organisation is so well known for.

DS

Batchelor Party

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 25, 2011
USA
Not making light of the issue, it is a workplace after all , but I can imagine the AFL introducing insult reviews in games for free kicks with 50 metre penalties:
"I believe the Richmond player called Charlie Curnow a c***, please check" And the game stops for three minutes before " In reviewing the audio, the Richmond player may have said "can't or c***, decision on the scoreboard". And you know how this ends...

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
Not making light of the issue, it is a workplace after all , but I can imagine the AFL introducing insult reviews in games for free kicks with 50 metre penalties:
"I believe the Richmond player called Charlie Curnow a c***, please check" And the game stops for three minutes before " In reviewing the audio, the Richmond player may have said "can't or c***, decision on the scoreboard". And you know how this ends...
Typical umpire bias!

Richmond player should get a free kick for being truthful!

Curnow is a "smile". :cool:

• Haha

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Probably would have shut his mouth n said nuffin if Clarko had copped a couple of weeks in pre season instead of a pretend penalty. Sounds like a harsh whack just for an explosive moment of abuse, but it can't be done anymore, especially when there's already been a warning shot fired a few weeks ago.
AFLHQ didn't do themselves any favours or fool anyone regarding their integrity when it comes to brand protecting n arse covering. Pathetic mob went soft on serial offender Clarko n had no option but to tweak Finlayson's goolies. Pity that Kotchy won't cop anything for his total non comprehension of the effect of homophobic slurs when there's a portion of Port's womens team and the coach are gay.
Furthermore, Clarkson is not on the field 'in actual combat' where tempers can easily flare (see Freo and dissent ripp-off last game). He's under some pressure but in the box or roaming near the bench.

He's also a coach, much older and a far longer time in the game as a distinguished, celebrated AFL identity. He also has priors; not sure Finlayson does.

Clarkson really should know far better; should have learned to school himself by now.

There is no way JF should have received harsher penalties! Just another joke.

yo_eddy

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 18, 2023
Yappy’s priors stretch back to the 1980s. He’s what is known as a recidivist.

Reactions: 1 user

RoryBaby

Tiger Rookie
May 29, 2008
My question is how did Elliot Yeo not even get looked at for this.

If Vlaustin got fined $3,750 for his tackle on Butler the week before when he nursed him to the ground how does Yeo not get looked at?

And he pushed his head into the ground a second time.

Reactions: 3 users

Butch67

Tiger Rookie
Mar 31, 2014

If Vlaustin got fined $3,750 for his tackle on Butler the week before when he nursed him to the ground how does Yeo not get looked at?

Or the elbow to bakers head in the 3rd term

snags

Tiger Superstar
Oct 28, 2005

That is the classic text book dangerous tackle. Impact could be argued down but should def have been a fine. I reckon Vlas dodged the bullet most there considering his history of concussion. Could've been very nasty.

Reactions: 3 users

RoryBaby

Tiger Rookie
May 29, 2008
Yeo also has history of this - he needs to be stopped as he is going to seriously hurt someone & thinks he is doing nothing wrong.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne

Yep, here we go.

Must protect the head . . . until . . . we decide not to.

Absolute bunch of amateurs running the AFL.

DS