MRP | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

MRP

easy said:
take a look at Geelongs draw.

4 hard games out of 23

would have been 9/23 tough games scheduled, looking at it with the hindsight,

but it quickly became 4/23 with the capitulation of dees, bombers, swans and crows

Not saying cats aren't playing well, and not claiming an AFL conspiracy, just chance has it that their 2019 draw is the softest in living memory.

Havent they also been lucky with injuries?

MD Jazz said:
So here we have a season where the punches were gonna be outlawed. Where head high strikes were to become a focus. We have a player that 3 weeks in a row has targeted unknowing players heads. The potential for injury is a test that has been written into the rules. The extent of the injury to the opposition player is not relevant when assessing the penalty. Head high strikes with fists will be looked at more severely. We have a guy interviewed over the weekend who is suffering severe effects from multiple concussions. They should be making an example of this head hunting recidivist.

It’s Prescribed!! Kermit, you should be all over it, but you’ve failed again.
Spot on, Jazz. And if Kermit refers to Whateley, lol.

spook said:
Spot on, Jazz. And if Kermit refers to Whateley, lol.

It does. Wish I could claim it but it was another poster - likely Mac or TOT! It's brilliant hey?

MD Jazz said:
It does. Wish I could claim it but it was another poster - likely Mac or TOT! It's brilliant hey?

It's a good one, but alas I can't take credit for it either! (I usually just call him Wankley)

MD Jazz said:

I don't think it was me.

Its a mystery poster. I do claim Blobbo though.

easy said:

4 hard games out of 23

but it quickly became 4/23 with the capitulation of dees, bombers, swans and crows

Not saying cats aren't playing well, and not claiming an AFL conspiracy, just chance has it that their 2019 draw is the softest in living memory.
Not sure you are right here with the four hard games bit? I would say that their first six games were a tough ask given the standings of those teams from last year.And really only soft games to play out for the rest of the season?I think not.And I am sure Geelong are not thinking that the game against us is a softy?

easy said:

4 hard games out of 23

Agreed Easy.
They haven’t played one single team above them yet

easy said:

4 hard games out of 23

On current ladder, we would be playing them in the QF in which they would go in as favourites. Feels like a familiar scenario

TOT70 said:
I don't think it was me.

Its a mystery poster. I do claim Blobbo though.

The earliest Kermit call is below from Bowerpower on the tom Lynch thread. He not only sounds like him he looks like him!

The beauty is I also found this gold post worthy beauty from spook -

"Andy Maher is awful, but I would have a beer with him if I could glass Whately with the empty."

Bowerpower
Tiger Legend
God Save anything yellow and black

Re: Tom Lynch
« Reply #2566 on: August 15, 2018, 09:18:15 PM »

Is it just me but does Gerard sound like Kermit the frog?

MD Jazz said:
The beauty is I also found this gold post worthy beauty from spook -

"Andy Maher is awful, but I would have a beer with him if I could glass Whately with the empty."
8-
My violence is entirely rhetorical, Jazza.

Nice work BowerPower, Kermit it is!

Jason King said:
Havent they also been lucky with injuries?
I think we had a great run without copping too many injuries over the last 2/3 years? And once again Geelong's draw cannot be considered soft given their first six games this year.I wonder how many here will be moaning the fact that we play our last 7 games at the G.A double bonus for us in an injury riddled year IMO

gold1 said:
I think we had a great run without copping too many injuries over the last 2/3 years? And once again Geelong's draw cannot be considered soft given their first six games this year.I wonder how many here will be moaning the fact that we play our last 7 games at the G.A double bonus for us in an injury riddled year IMO

Based on current ladder positions Geelong's draw looks very soft. So far they have beaten 2nd, 5th, 9th, 12th, 13th, 14th, 16th, 17th. They've lost to 3rd. But the teams they play twice are currently 7th, 9th, 13th, 14th, 15th.
The Tigers in our run home have to play every one of the current top 7 teams (except ourselves of course). If we make top 4 it will be because we earned it. On the flip side we still get to play 16th, 17th, 18th.