MRP | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

MRP

nswtiger said:
at last the bandwagon is full and leaving the station

here we go, boys

Townsend is a must this weekend and the next!!! primed for the finals

just keeping him quite all year in the seconds then let him out of the cage for Sept!!!

he is what we need .....at this stage of the year

at last!!!!!

get around him lads!!!

I've got my ticket NSWT! More power to fireman's arm, stoke up the fire and get this LOCOmotive steaming full tilt for the Cats.

It would be bloody embarrassing for the AFL if Dusty was excluded from the Brownlow because he got another fine. Both major contenders out for minor offences. I wonder if the umps will be told to stamp on any niggling aimed at Dusty quick smart.

TOT70 said:
I'm shocked.

Geelong will be niggling Dusty all game big-time in two weeks' time.

Am I the only one who would think this would be crossing the line? I can understand opposition supporters trying to disrupt him, but for players to intentionally try and get him suspended so he's ineligible for the brownlow is completely ............... dishonourable.

IanG said:
Am I the only one who would think this would be crossing the line? I can understand opposition supporters trying to disrupt him, but for players to intentionally try and get him suspended so he's ineligible for the brownlow is completely ............... dishonourable.
I doubt they would. They have nothing to gain by Martin being rubbed out.

IanG said:

I'd suspect clubs would try and do it knowing he was on his last chance whether he was a chance for the Brownlow or not. Similar with Cotchin. If you know a player is on a fine line and can't retaliate I'm pretty sure what the coach's instructions would be to try and put them off their game.

Beavis needs to come out publicly telling the Umps to watch for opposition players needling Dusty all game knowing he's under threat of another fine killing his brownlow chances.

Brodders17 said:
I doubt they would. They have nothing to gain by Martin being rubbed out.
i guess it's easier to bait some one when you know they can't retaliate. You only have to get the players mind somewhere else to put them off their game. Hopefully it would backfire and just make him player better as retaliation.

Baloo said:
Beavis needs to come out publicly telling the Umps to watch for opposition players needling Dusty all game knowing he's under threat of another fine killing his brownlow chances.
Ah come on now is that fair? Would Chris Scott ever complain and try and manipulate the system? :spin

Wonder if Dangerfield's votes might tail off as the season draws to a close? Few to little votes for him, no matter how he plays, would ease any pressure on the AFL on Brownlow night. Not trying to suggest the umpires could be swayed/influenced or anything,

tigerlee said:
Chris Scott is the biggest dirtbag I have ever seen. Did anyone read his comments

http://www.sportingnews.com/au/afl/news/watch-chris-scott-questions-brownlow-eligibility-in-wake-of-patrick-dangerfield-suspension-afl-geelong/2v37469z5tcl1wrrbaxdp3jfn

He seems p!ssed off that Dusty is eligible to win the Brownlow as he was only fined but Dangerfield was suspended. He is a jerk!!

He's a bit of a tool but TBH i agree with him. Always thought tgat if you can win a brownlow despite missing games through suspension the quality of your footy should dictate you win

Bullarto Tiger said:
Wonder if Dangerfield's votes might tail off as the season draws to a close? Few to little votes for him, no matter how he plays, would ease any pressure on the AFL on Brownlow night. Not trying to suggest the umpires could be swayed/influenced or anything,

Or the other approach ... More votes to Martin to ensure he gets the most anyway to remove any embarrassment.

Bullarto Tiger said:

Doesn't really matter as we can still see the comparison votes up to the last round when they are read out, so we will know if he was heading for the win or Dusty was so it doesn't matter.

23.21.159 said:
Or the other approach ... More votes to Martin to ensure he gets the most anyway to remove any embarrassment.

We will get a feel for that up to last weeks round of votes and if Danger is leading or not. That will give some indication if you are on the money. If he gets no or few votes for the last few rounds and is playing well then you may be right.

The way I see it, the total of votes polled up to last week will tell us who was leading and if Dangerfield was likely to be winning or close. My thoughts are that Dusty should be quite a way out front already anyway.

BrisTiger24 said:
He's a bit of a tool but TBH i agree with him. Always thought tgat if you can win a brownlow despite missing games through suspension the quality of your footy should dictate you win

I was just a little annoyed that he bought in about players that had been fined still being eligible and I know he was referring to Martin. Was there a need for that given Dangerfield can no longer win it and Martin can. Was he trying to say if Dusty wins it, it is unfair. How does he know Dangerfield would win it even if he wasn't suspended. Why say it now. Is he trying to make his players angry enough to niggle Dusty and risk suspension. I am possibly overreacting but to me he is a wanker and a sore loser and it didn't need to be said right now.

RoyceHart said:
Think you're on the money here TL

Yep. I tend to agree with him in general, but the reference to fined players was mean spirited and typical.

You can bet he will be targeted against the Cats but the Hawks are known for a bit of , if you like unsociable stuff so it will be a prelude to what's in store from now on for Dusty.

Both Scott brothers I find a bunch of wingers.

Always throwing their hands up with every decision the umps make as if they should never have a free kick paid against them.

His reference to fined players & the Brownlow ( should keep his views in house ) but that's part & parcel of the Scott brothers.

What Brownlow favourites has shown me in the past, especially Tiger favourites is that are no guarantees and that also goes for Danger.

Can't wait for the game.

I seen something funny in a news article - Swan (ex Collingwood player) said Dusty should get an in-house club suspension so that nothing stands in his way of winning the Brownlow (he thinks Dusty has enough votes now to win it). Had a chuckle as he thinks players may be out to needle Dusty and see how far they can push him. I would not put it past Geelong players to do something shitty given how the coach feels about it all and the frenzy he may stir up in the lead up to our game against them. If they do, I live in Geelong and their players better not walk out in front of my car ... just sayin' :rofl