MY First ever footy game | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

MY First ever footy game

Bunnerz

Richmond are cool man
Aug 12, 2003
Geelong
I was 6 i think, Rich v Geel at MCG

Geel 211 - Rich 77
Ablett 14

Richmond flogged, my latest game Rich lose by 80pts, some things never change

mightytiges

The greatest Tiger of them all - Jack Dyer R.I.P.
Dec 16, 2002
I was about 4 I think so don't remember the game except it was at the Western Oval (as we lived nearby at the time) and I got to meet Gary Dempsey who looked like a flipping giant ;D

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
My first game was when I was about 14 and went to Princes Park. I remember standing on beer cans trying to see over the crowd. I remember being an innocent country girl who'd rarely been to Melbourne shocked at the agression and swearing. I remember a massive copper full of split open hot dogs......obscene, ha.
My most vivid memory of that game was the dunnies though....won't elaborate but a snorkel and flippers would have been handy.
My second game was probably 15 - 20 years later. Richmond defeated Saints at the G. I was in awe to see a game live after following it on telly and the radio for so much of my life.

nwonash

Tiger Champion
Aug 10, 2003
Melbourne
I lived out the West (still do different area), my very first game was Footscray v Essendon in 1978. It was a draw.
Our school got free tickets so my bother and myself went. Only went coz they were freebies.

My next game was Richmond at the G the following week. I cant remember who we player, but remember it was a win.

Koalalill

Just looking for someone else to curse!
Dec 17, 2002
Living within walking distance to the Western Oval - my first game was Footscray -v- Richmond in 1977 I can't remember much about it.

I remember going to a lot of games at Footscray.

My first RFC MCG experience was in 1978 versus Melbourne and we won.

KINGPIN

Tiger Cub
Aug 16, 2003
Hobart, Tasmania
Living in Tassie I haven't had the chance to see the Mighty Tiges play in a real match for Premiership points.

My first sighting of Richmond was at North Hobart Oval a few years ago in an Ansett Cup game against St Kilda and we played pretty poorly all day.
We didn't lose by much in the end, I remember standing on the Argyle St terraces amongst a few hundred other Tigers and Richmond came home with a bang and only lost by 7 points - geez it got loud on those terraces in the last quarter ;D

I've seen us play three times since at the ground and we've been flogged every time :'(

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Welcome to PRE Kingpin. I don't think getting flogged is exclusive to your ground. Richmond have made an artform of doing that at all grounds. ;D

Eddie G

Tiger Cub
Aug 12, 2003
My first game i went to was Fitzroy vs. Adelaide in about '93 I think, the roys got a good floggin that day.

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
The earliest game I know I was at was Round 1, 1970, not yet 7 years old. We played Fitzroy at the G on a Sunday! Sacreligious then but it was to accommodate a royal visit so Betty & co. could see the game. We got done.
nwonash, just FYI, that Footscray Essendon draw must have been 1979, round 4. We got thumped by Hawthorn in Rd 5, lost to North by 5 points in Rd 6, then lost to the Saints by 2 goals in Rd 7, then finally thumped the Doggies by 73 points in Rd 8 at the G!

TigersGoddess

Sing it Loud
Dec 17, 2002
Punt Road Oval
I can't remember the first game I went to, although my early memories seem to have me running around instead of sitting down to watch the game (well I was only 4 ;D)

Dean3

Older than I've ever been
Dec 17, 2002
Melbourne
I can't recall my first game either, though I do remember my Aunty taking me to a 2nd semi in 72-74 (can't remember which one), anyway we won. Apparently I took a Coca-Cola yo-yo (remember yo-yo season?) with me and annoyed everyone around me by playing with it — the closer we got to winning, the faster I went with it. ;D

DragicevicFan

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2002
Melbourne
Richmond V Fitzroy @ the MCG in 1990

We had a good win

Another good day at the footy was the Mother's Day Massacre against the Pies with Hoggy kicking 10.1

alleycat

I'm a llama!
Aug 9, 2003
Frankston
mine was watching my pe teacher play for richmond ... don devenport!! does any one remember him and i beleive he is still teaching at scotch college

HK Tiger

Tiger Tough
Nov 2, 2003
Hey i remember Don davenport, did not se him play but he did coach the seconds/ thirds - not sure which.
My first game was in 1969 at Western Oval I think as a 9 yo. I became a member in 1971 and stayed a member until 1983 when we had the huge cleanout to Collingwood. Money was tough to find then. Rejoined 3 years ago but have been to many games especially in the bad times. Saw Clokeys last game, saw us beat melbourne when we should not have been anywhere near them.

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
My First game was Richmond V North Melbourne in 1989.
We got flogged. It was about Brian Leys first game, and such luminaries as Paul Barlow & Greg Hamilton were KPP's.

RfC77

Ju-87 : The original TANK buster
Jun 23, 2004
Narre Warren
not sure wat round... rich V geel at waverly park 1986 where once again we blew a comfortable 3/4 time lead of four goals or so. i remember mark jackson fired up and helped the cats win that day