MY First ever footy game | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

MY First ever footy game

feisty tige

Tiger Legend
Oct 15, 2003
Dandenong
All things being well, I hope to take my one year old to her first game on Sunday.

Anyone have any advice when taking toddlers to the footy?

She already has a jumper ;D

blutiga

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 26, 2014
First bunch of games were in 1974. I was seven. I was taken to the footy by a mate and his mad Irish step-father who was a one eyed Saints man. We would go to Saints games. Finally I got to see my beloved Tiges for the first time when Richmond played St Kilda at Moorabbin. I can remember being amongst a stand full of rabid Saints fans, and Mal Brown and Cowboy Neill isolated one out in the goal square. The play was down the other end, and Brown started 'niggling' the big Cowboy. I can still hear The Saints fans roaring at Brown with cries of 'Brown you mongrel'. The stand was going feral at him. I'm sure we won that day. It was an awesome experience. I wonder whether the game was after the Windy Hill brawl that year. Sadly I came to understand the Saints supporters were right about Brown, the fat pos. Hopefully we smash the Saints on Sunday, 40 years after my memory of this game.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
feisty tige said:
All things being well, I hope to take my one year old to her first game on Sunday.

Anyone have any advice when taking toddlers to the footy?

She already has a jumper ;D

Calpol Night .

Good luck. At 1yo I reckon it all comes down to the bubs personality.

Belated congrats on the little one btw.

joegarra

Tiger Matchwinner
Jun 27, 2013
Werribee South
My first game was Bulldogs at Western Oval 1970, aged 9. I even managed to buy a footy record of the game a few years ago from George at Just Collectables :)

feisty tige

Tiger Legend
Oct 15, 2003
Dandenong
Baloo said:
Calpol Night .

Good luck. At 1yo I reckon it all comes down to the bubs personality.

Belated congrats on the little one btw.

:hihi I had to look up what Calpol night was. Bub has just gone to sleep now, so I think she will be awake for the game. It will be interesting, it takes her a while to get used to loud noises, I really thought we would lose to the Crows and Sunday might have been less intense I suppose you could say.

Thanks for the congrats! :)

feisty tige

Tiger Legend
Oct 15, 2003
Dandenong
All went well for bub's first trip to the footy, we only stayed for two quarters, but she seemed to love it, all the interesting people to look at. We sat Punt Road end, fairly close to the grog squad. Got home in time to watch the last quarter (pretty ordinary) then watched the third quarter (much better quarter) afterwards.

All in all a pretty good night :D