Mykelti Lefau | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Mykelti Lefau

With the few games he has played this year and his limited experience with the game, he has shown a lot more than Samson Ryan has so far

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users
Lefau's role is clearly to be a second or third forward, in today's game he isn't really tall enough to be the first forward.

His ability will mean that not only will he contribute and kick goals, but he will also take defenders away from our other forwards. Lynch gets double and triple teamed all the time, having Lefau there makes it that much harder for the opposition to spend so many resources on one player, they will have to spread themselves thinner.

How many years is he signed up for?

DS

Reactions: 6 users
I think you’re being a bit harsh. Unfortunately it’s so hard playing his role if he’s the only pony of his size really competing in the Forward Zone. If he had a Lynch and a decent resting Ruck Forward he would be a massive weapon as his agility, strength, mobility and jump would be a handful for the second or third defender and possibly first. He seems a low possession player and poor contested mark at the moment as he can easily be neutralised because he’s a one man band rather than a one trick pony you’re saying.
I really believe we’ll get 100 games plus out of him as he has so much upside and improvement in him.
I hope you’re right and I really do like him. As much as anything I was musing about what a player with his skill set he could have been with the open forward lines of the 70s or 80s. His explosiveness on a lead is truly extraordinary.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Another good game but seems he's done a knee. This season can't end quick enough.

Pity it wasn't Stewart his knee went through.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
I’m desentised to us getting injuries. We seem to get 2 a week. Who is the other one?

How does Meehan prevent knee injuries?
If a lot of players are injury prone, it shows their S&C isn't good enough. Are they told how to land on foot when jumping? Do they stretch muscles properly? Are they taught to avoid certain ways to place arms and legs when tackling etc... Calling this luck is too hard to believe after so many injuries we have. Most players look gassed out late in the game at times.