Mykelti Lefau | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Mykelti Lefau

He's done very well let's be honest.

Needs to work on his ground game as Rugby League Players dont need one as the ball aint meant to hit the ground.

It's one area where he comes undone a bit especially under pressure, but plenty of work will improve that area.

Has a crack can't dispute that, and I love watching him hit and stick those League tackles.

Reactions: 1 users
Super impressed with this bloke, rarely gets outmarked despite getting the best defender. He really is doing exceptionally well for a guy who's only played a handfull of games. Overall I think our youngsters are doing fairly well and showing improvement - Its a pity a few of our veterans are letting the team down week in week out. (Short was horrible again last night for example).

Reactions: 2 users
Not saying he did that on purpose, but for Christ’s sakes don’t drive your *smile* knee into your own players head.
Actually think it was the second crunch that did the damage - Kelts' knee was more in the neck than head - maybe a week off from Shai may give him a chance to reflect on a few aspects of his game - particularly his ill discipline (yet another dumb 50m penalty last night).

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 users
Actually think it was the second crunch that did the damage - Kelts' knee was more in the neck than head - maybe a week off from Shai may give him a chance to reflect on a few aspects of his game - particularly his ill discipline (yet another dumb 50m penalty last night).
That 50 was soft. Ridiculously bad

Reactions: 7 users
I want him to do the exact thing he did to Shai but harder on that good Bloke that plays in defence for the cats

• Haha
He is a one trick pony, and in yesteryear with his speed, size and height, when you could make a career out of leading and marking, he would have been a frightening good full forward! A truly daunting prospect for any fullback to try to nullify.

But in the here and now, in a contest you just don't expect him to mark it. The fact he is our number one KPF at the moment just reinforces how dire our key forward stocks really are.
I think you’re being a bit harsh. Unfortunately it’s so hard playing his role if he’s the only pony of his size really competing in the Forward Zone. If he had a Lynch and a decent resting Ruck Forward he would be a massive weapon as his agility, strength, mobility and jump would be a handful for the second or third defender and possibly first. He seems a low possession player and poor contested mark at the moment as he can easily be neutralised because he’s a one man band rather than a one trick pony you’re saying.
I really believe we’ll get 100 games plus out of him as he has so much upside and improvement in him.

Last edited:
That 50 was soft. Ridiculously bad
Just like every other 50 he gives away every *smile* week. Long time learning that he needs to pull his head in and follow the rules when it comes to standing the mark. A 50 from around the midfield costs a shot at goal almost every time he does it.

It's probably a lack of footy nous but he should have been aware Bolton was backing with the flight of the ball. He could have ended Bolton's career then and there.

Love what i have seen from such a raw player in his 1st year

Just has so much athletic ability and strength and will only get better with another pre season and support around him
Think we have found another 100 + game player

Reactions: 3 users
He is a one trick pony, and in yesteryear with his speed, size and height, when you could make a career out of leading and marking, he would have been a frightening good full forward! A truly daunting prospect for any fullback to try to nullify.

But in the here and now, in a contest you just don't expect him to mark it. The fact he is our number one KPF at the moment just reinforces how dire our key forward stocks really are.

If he's a one trick pony can we get a few more one trick ponies please, they seem to be pretty handy

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
So many things Leafy does well:

Aerial contest, he is Lynch like in bringing it to ground or impacting the contest.
Clever taps in the air and puts his body in the right places.
Marking - big tick. Strong hands and grabs it at the height of extension. Cant teach that..
Kicking for goal, amazing to be honest.
Tackling, big check.
Can ruck too.

Did anyone notice how he made Andrews accountable?

To be honest he looks like a Geelong recruit, slots in and gives a spark and plays at the level.

Reactions: 8 users