Mykelti Lefau | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Mykelti Lefau

If we can get him some viable, long term support in the forward line he'll turn out to be one of the bargain picks.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Just needs to work on his marking power.
Nice kick for goal and like to tackle.
Plenty of upside

Reactions: 1 user
And when he sticks his knee up to take someone out make sure it is Ridley or Laverde not $hai.
Needs some pointers from Balta.
IIRC he took twinkletoes Kennedy out the same way during Covid.

The lead he gave to Baker who hit him lace out was a thing of beauty.

Reactions: 6 users
The lead he gave to Baker who hit him lace out was a thing of beauty.
He’s coming from a long way back, but he’s a really quick learner. I think Lynch, if they can get a few games together will enjoy the physical presence of Mykelti.

Reactions: 3 users
A Richmond Man. Love the way he goes about it. I actually get excited when the ball is in his vicinity.
Thank heavens we found him, especially after the Kosi fail.

Reactions: 6 users
Hopefully Lynch will be fit and firing next season and make a great combo with Lefau, in saying that I think Lefau may have a couple more strings on his bow able to play up the ground a bit

Reactions: 5 users
1st thing besides kicking you learn playing AFL is protect your team mates.
Bolton shouldn't been in front, he should've been ready to rove the pack.
But the knee into Bolton's head was horrible.
Fingers crossed Bolton is ok and hasn't got any long term issues.
Michael Mitchell retired due too many concussions. He was one of all time favourites,

• Sad
Michael Mitchell retired due too many concussions. He was one of all time favourites,

Nah the first thing little blokes learn is to keep out of the way of the big blokes.

Reactions: 3 users
Nah the first thing little blokes learn is to keep out of the way of the big blokes.
There are positives - for sure - I just wish he'd clunk a few more marks................

Does anyone know how badly he hurt his shoulder (in great tackle)

He’s been fantastic. Couldn’t believe the gripes about him just 2 games in on PRE. Playing a solo role. Newcomer. Rubbish entries etc.

Good on him. Massive positive to date.

Reactions: 10 users
He’s been fantastic. Couldn’t believe the gripes about him just 2 games in on PRE. Playing a solo role. Newcomer. Rubbish entries etc.

Good on him. Massive positive to date.

Biggest positive of the season by a long way.

Agree 100%. Love lefau but that was *smile* stupid. Driving knee into your own team mate is *smile*. Should’ve had more awareness and/or more consideration for a team mate.

A Richmond Man. Love the way he goes about it. I actually get excited when the ball is in his vicinity.
Thank heavens we found him, especially after the Kosi fail.
on a lead, he is unstoppable. Needs to work on one on one especially if he is on wing waiting for the ball from out backline.

Reactions: 2 users
on a lead, he is unstoppable. Needs to work on one on one especially if he is on wing waiting for the ball from out backline.
He needs to better his ground ball game.
He has done extremely well but he still has a long way to go.

He is a one trick pony, and in yesteryear with his speed, size and height, when you could make a career out of leading and marking, he would have been a frightening good full forward! A truly daunting prospect for any fullback to try to nullify.

But in the here and now, in a contest you just don't expect him to mark it. The fact he is our number one KPF at the moment just reinforces how dire our key forward stocks really are.

Last edited:
Could barely lift his arm over head in the second half but kept fronting up and crashing in.

He still hasn’t had it all click while doing the hardest job in football, be an undersized key forward in a side that can’t get it inside 50 and rarely hit a target when it does. Genuine hard man. Will get a 5 or 6 bag before years end.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users