Nankervis !! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Nankervis !!

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Bloke totally deserved it, but it was still a silky action. I shouted at the TV when he did it. Same for Vlastuin after Tex flattened Baker.
Should not have reacted that ‘way’ . Fly the flag yes, but we have a finals series and these two are important players , especially Nank the ‘tank’.

Fine only. Hope.

Huge month for Nankervis. Without him we will not go far.

Reactions: 1 user

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
I love this bloke.

Not the best or biggest ruckman, and we're happy if he halves the contest, but around the ground and in the clinches he makes our little blokes walk tall.

Reactions: 2 users

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
I love this bloke.

Not the best or biggest ruckman, and we're happy if he halves the contest, but around the ground and in the clinches he makes our little blokes walk tall.
Follow up work is great and can take a contested mark.
Lifted the second half as he had too. Was getting beaten with little or no help from Chol.

Reactions: 1 users

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Great game from Nank - he gives us so much mongrel I reckon.

He will definitely get a fine but no commentary really on Crouch swing at Cotch - that’s should be a report.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
I love this bloke.

Ditto. He's the epitome of the Tiger fight.

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
Follow up work is great and can take a contested mark.
Lifted the second half as he had too. Was getting beaten with little or no help from Chol.

Yep second half lifted big time and as you said with no help.

Elmer

Tiger Champion
Dec 3, 2005
Massively important player for us. Thoughts of trading are ludicrous. Chol couldn't carry Nank's bags. Will be our number one ruck in 21 and hopefully a 3 time Premiership ruckman at 26.

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
Like an old prize fighter! Always works into it and seems to wear his man down as the game goes on.

Would love him to almost tag his opponent in the first half to limit his impact, but more importantly cause them pain earlier so that he can then dominate them in the second half.

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
Will definitely be looked at, but should be misconduct - $500 I hope. It is Christian though, but surely even he couldn't rub Nank out of the first final for that
I wouldn't put it past him to do anything to harm our chances in the finals. He hasn't done a bad job at it so far but we overcame his pettiness

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
I love this bloke.

I love the big fella too, for all of the above reasons, and because he gives the media what they deserve........nothing.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Dual premiership Tigers ruckman Toby Nankervis won’t be going anywhere.

“He’s a priority re-signing now at the Tigers,” Callum Twomey said.

“That has changed, earlier this year I wouldn’t have said that, I think he was probably out the door with a chance he was going to get his payday elsewhere.

“Now they need him because Ivan Soldo has gone down with that knee injury. A three or four-year deal I think likely in the works for Nankervis.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-trades-2020-trade-whispers-news-rumours-jack-graham-richmond-carlton-jake-carlisle-st-kilda-ruckmen/news-

• Love

bairdy380

Beer friend me good...
Dec 9, 2004
What for.
The bump didn't make contact to the head, otherwise they would've suspended him.
That was no different to the bump Varcoe did on Prestia last year.
For using the guys head as a plough to correct a patch of the ground

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
For using the guys head as a plough to correct a patch of the ground
If that's the Crouch incident you're referring to, he didn't get done for that... he was fined for his late hit on Laird.
Apologies if I've misinterpreted the post... fraught with danger when the zipsta is in the loop :rolleyes: