Nankervis !! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Nankervis !!

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
How was his mark running back in the hole. Show that to the that dud Cornes.
Yes... huge difference to the supposedly tough, hard at it Draper. Nank growing into his captaincy role... reckon Cotch has given him a few pointers... just lead by example.

Reactions: 1 users

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Yes... huge difference to the supposedly tough, hard at it Draper. Nank growing into his captaincy role... reckon Cotch has given him a few pointers... just lead by example.
Nanks has always led by example. Don't think he needs pointers on that.

Reactions: 1 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Nankster plays big tough nasty footy. Essendrugs on the other hand play faux big tough nasty footy, but only when everyone calls them out for being pathetically weak soft *smile*.

Reactions: 1 user

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
Nankster plays big tough nasty footy. Essendrugs on the other hand play faux big tough nasty footy, but only when everyone calls them out for being pathetically weak soft *smile*.
I think there were a few bottles of little blue pills doing the rounds in the hombre dressing rooms before the game.
They must have got the dosage wrong. They weren’t “stiff” at all

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
I think there were a few bottles of little blue pills doing the rounds in the hombre dressing rooms before the game.
They must have got the dosage wrong. They weren’t “stiff” at all
Talking about blue pills, I went to my chemist and asked if I can get it over the counter.
He told me I may need to take two of them to achieve that

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
*smile* sick of Nank giving away dumb free kicks. The one just before 3 quarter time killed us.

Basically cost us 2 pts with his stupidity.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
*smile* sick of Nank giving away dumb free kicks. The one just before 3 quarter time killed us.

Unfortunately, number 1 with a bullet in the entire competition for free kicks given away.

This is a coaching thing now. It has to stop all these frees he gives away, week to week. Coaches need to step in.

Reactions: 2 users

WildStyle

Tiger Superstar
Aug 24, 2020

It was just unfortunate that he got there slower than he wanted to. I'll take the overwhelming positives over a few mistakes.

bringbakflemmo

Tiger Superstar
Apr 15, 2009
Gives everything but he was playing like a millionaire in the ruck .
Gave away three push in the back frees plus that stupid free against Badhams for late contact.
As co captain not disciplined enough .

Aegean Tiger

Tiger Superstar
Aug 27, 2008
Stupid free kicks resulting in goals to the opposition at crucial stages of the game....surely not something a captain would do.....?

angle ankle

Tiger Matchwinner
Aug 6, 2020
Unfortunately, number 1 with a bullet in the entire competition for free kicks given away.

This is a coaching thing now. It has to stop all these frees he gives away, week to week. Coaches need to step in.
thats what happens when you do ALL the bullocking & grunt work.
frustration boilover & plot loss.
he needs bigger body support.

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty

Depends if you think the frees against outweigh the benefits of his physicality on the game I guess.

Personally I'd rather he keeps playing the way he does and I'll wear the free kicks.

Reactions: 3 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Depends if you think the frees against outweigh the benefits of his physicality on the game I guess.

Personally I'd rather he keeps playing the way he does and I'll wear the free kicks.
Could be wrong but in amongst the very many arguments you have with people on the subject of umpiring, haven’t you always complained about all the frees he gives away ?

You’ve changed man. You’ve changed.

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
Could be wrong but in amongst the very many arguments you have with people on the subject of umpiring, haven’t you always complained about all the frees he gives away ?

You’ve changed man. You’ve changed.

I've said he's a reason we lose free kick differential all the time, but only to placate people with this hysterical view that that stat is saying things it isn't. For the sake of an extra three or four possessions each game I'm happy for the opposition to fumble at stoppage because they are looking to see where he is and for him to bring the pressure he does. That's not to say he couldn't be tidier and smarter at times but I don't think it is worth losing his strengths to address it.

I'm not really bothered by free kick numbers in general. It's a handful of possessions out of 600 odd each game so unless you have a dramatic goals from frees against number it's of such little influence on the game it is not worth addressing. 50 metre penalties are a different story though, they all need to cut that out.