Nankervis !! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Nankervis !!

crackertiger

Swan street 2017
Jan 4, 2003
melbourne
I thought his first quarter yesterday was the worst I've seen him play & it was a big reason the Cats got off to a flyer.

Improved when Soldo came on but I can't agree it was a great game overall. Interestingly only used for 74% game time. Maybe he's NQR.
Agreed I thought he was ordinary.

Reactions: 1 user

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Started slowly but ended up almost a match-winner. How many rucks get 22 disposals, 5 tackles, 11 contested possessions, 5 clearances, 7 intercepts from 75% game time all whilst only allowing their direct opponent 6 disposals? 3rd best for mine and game highly unappreciated it seems.

Reactions: 1 users

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
I thought his first quarter yesterday was the worst I've seen him play & it was a big reason the Cats got off to a flyer.

Improved when Soldo came on but I can't agree it was a great game overall. Interestingly only used for 74% game time. Maybe he's NQR.

I agree with that. Soldo ironically helped us (and Nankervis) gain ascendancy in the second and third quarter, but by the fourth quarter the lack of extra midfield runner showed. Ruckman as sub was a weird one. I'm not normally one to pick and criticise a decision as costing a victory, but if you were playing that game it's the lack of runner as a sub.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Interestingly only used for 74% game time. Maybe he's NQR.
Around his average game time this year. All his games have been in the high 60s to high 70s range. Only one game was 85%.

This year 78, 62, 74, 77, 77, 77, 74, 67, 75, 75, 85, 71, 78, 74

Reactions: 2 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
I'm bumping this again. I know a lot gave him votes but how's Nank going really?
I'm a little concerned by his ruckwork atm. Seeing plenty of part timers give him trouble.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
I'm bumping this again. I know a lot gave him votes but how's Nank going really?
I'm a little concerned by his ruckwork atm. Seeing plenty of part timers give him trouble.
I don’t rate tap outs. There’s little to no correlation between winning a tap out and then winning the stoppage. You just need to compete. Otherwise I rate a ruckman on their ability to get around the ground, take a grab, kick the odd the goal, fill the hole, give chop outs, spoil etc. like Gawn does.

To that end, he’s going ok. Not his best year but ok.

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
This CB domination today. Two weeks in a row now.

Today's looked planned. By them. I suppose last week's was to some extent too.

Toby's a fighter but just ATM we need him to do some thinking.

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
I have shitcanned the maimed Soldo as Woeful. Nankervis was at least that bad. Again.

Merveille

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2007
This CB domination today. Two weeks in a row now.

Today's looked planned. By them. I suppose last week's was to some extent too.

Toby's a fighter but just ATM we need him to do some thinking.
He get in best last week, or some coaches votes? You talking ruck work or around ground

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
Absolutely towelled. Can you drop a captain? He's lucky Soldo was as poor.

bairdy380

Beer friend me good...
Dec 9, 2004
What’s the best outcome for a PCL? My brain is saying 10 weeks… but think I’m way off

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
If you haven't noticed I haven't been a big fan of Nakas especially with his work in the middle. When he gets injured he misses large chunks of the season I can't see how his PCL isn't around 6-8 weeks.
Out first port of call at seasons end is to bring in another Ruckman. And stop we these experiments types.