Nankervis !! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Nankervis !!

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
For me his last month and a bit haven't been great him and Soldo getting beaten by part time ruck man at times.

Reactions: 1 users

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
I've spending a bit of time on Nank for the past few weeks.

I think he's carrying something. The left calf is strapped. Dunno. He's crabbing and looks a fraction slower. Often cumbersome. Not like himself. Whatever it is Adam Simpson knows about it. Chris Scott does. Even Dew does.

Nank has lifted his aerial work since three quarter time against WCE. His aggression. Witts can get a hold of a sound Nankervis any time he wants so I thought Nank did reasonably well in the duel. Until he went off with the PCL.

As at R17 2022, we live in interesting times.

jackfrost

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2007
Los Angeles, California
PCL means he'll be fortunate to be back before 6 weeks, especially for a Ruckman at that, huge loss and as Ive read from other members, there's a fair chance he was carrying another injury (Calf makes sense) that has contributed to this one also.

BIG loss and with Soldo also down with a broken thumb, this makes our task very very difficult over the next month and a half as we dont have the stoppage Smalls that seem to be able to read the opposition Ruckman either.

Time will tell I guess

dimmauchamp

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2003
Ruck injuries will either be a blessing or will be the final nail in our season. I don't think we actually get much from our ruckmen at centre bounces and stoppages. What we do get though especially with Nank is around the ground dominance. Nank covers the ground exceptionally well for a ruckman and plugs a lot of gaps when he drops deep.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
I've heard 4 weeks for Nank but that would be the minimum you'd think.
Around 2- 4 weeks is common for the lowest grade of PCL injury.

Maybe the big fella escaped a rupture and managed to get a strain or sprain

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
Even a minor PCL injury like a small tear or strain is not good and if not rested for the body to repair itself then the risk is a major problem and best part of a season out. I would much rather Nanks sits out a game or two than be rushed back as he is too important to us to lose him for a long time. We tend to bring back players too early and wonder why they break down again so easily

Reactions: 2 users

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
When they are managing an existing PCL strain/tear/whatever would they strap it, @craig? (No strapping on it that can remember. All year?)

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
I hope we are not taking too much of a chance playing Nanks on Saturday. If he has a PCL injury or even a niggle playing hard at Marvel will a risk that could backfire.