Nathan (Axel) Foley [MERGED] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Nathan (Axel) Foley [MERGED]

I remember well way back on this forum, when both were in their early days, how excited posters used to get about his performances at the lower levels. He'd just rack the possessions up week after week until he earned himself a senior birth and he never looked out of place after it until injuries sadly got the better of him.
He's always been a favourite with the Tiger faithful and one who rarely drew criticism because everyone knew and respected just how much blood and sweat he gave at the office every week.
Others will step up to fill the void but Axe will always be remembered fondly.
He certainly deserves his RFC life membership. Well done Tiger.

jimmy jess said:
Nathan and Kate are having a baby in November..

That's lovely news. Wishing Nathan and his family love and happiness always.

Nathan has my utmost respect. Such a shame his body crueled him. Nobody could have worked harder to get back on the track. So happy about the life membership. A Tiger for ever. Eat 'em Alive Nath. :hearton

Just looked at the RFC website and saw the Instagram posts by his teammates. They absolutely love him. OMG I almost teared up.

Easily sits in my 10 favourite Tigers. Played the game the way it should be played - intense, aggressive and to the most of his ability. I know I defend Vickery a bit - but if there was ever an anti-Vickery it was Axel. I'm really sad that he couldn't get his health back and be one of this team's leaders.

Tigers of Old said:
I remember well way back on this forum, when both were in their early days, how excited posters used to get about his performances at the lower levels. He'd just rack the possessions up week after week until he earned himself a senior birth and he never looked out of place after it until injuries sadly got the better of him.
He's always been a favourite with the Tiger faithful and one who rarely drew criticism because everyone knew and respected just how much blood and sweat he gave at the office every week.
A great post and mirrors our opinions

Saw him doing some run throughs and kick to kick at half time of the bullies reserves game at puntroad oval earlier this year. For a while there, he looked like the speed off the mark was returning. Sadly, it wasn't to be.

Tigers of Old said:

Perfectly put ToO.

Tigers of Old said:
Great tribute to Axe before the team sung the song today.

Yeah I liked it as well. This group respects each other and seems to be happy which is great sign.

Some nice vids on the RFC site - Nathan's highlights, addressing the troops as a farewell...

Good luck post footy Nathan!

Gotta say the mainstream media's coverage of his retirement was pitiful.

We've had guys with less games in the AFL get more coverage. Was a bit of a joke for someone who represented his state. Hard done buy on the field, and off it by the looks of it.

Reactions: 1 user
The_General said:

We've had guys with less games in the AFL get more coverage. Was a bit of a joke for someone who represented his state. Hard done buy on the field, and off it by the looks of it.

King got a lot more coverage...

I'd love to see Foley as a runner for the club.

The_General said:

Agreed