Nathan Batsanis (merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Nathan Batsanis (merged)

Re: Red Evo and Phanto: Opinions on Nathan Batsanis from Oakeigh please

LidsandBling said:
Redford said:
checkside said:
I read on the AFL website he is training with Hawthorn.

He tried out with us on Sunday in the Rookie Selection trial exercise along with Ryan Anderson (dumped), Harbrow, Avery, Jak-Kennedy, Sherringham and a number of others. 

what do you know about damien rayson that trained with us on sunday too?

The kid from Coburg ?

Redford said:
LidsandBling said:
Redford said:
checkside said:

He tried out with us on Sunday in the Rookie Selection trial exercise along with Ryan Anderson (dumped), Harbrow, Avery, Jak-Kennedy, Sherringham and a number of others.

The kid from Coburg ?

i dont beleive so. ex sandringham dragons

LidsandBling said:
Redford said:
LidsandBling said:
Redford said:
checkside said:

The kid from Coburg ?

Have never seen him play. But here’s what I know.

Plays for De La Salle in the VAFA.

Made the VAFA rep side this year and was also in their U/23 side as well.

The previous year he was an U/23 All Australian and represented the AAFC over in Ireland where he was in the best. That’s probably where RFC might have noticed him i.e. maybe the AIS squad was over there playing at the same time. Dunno.

Finished 4th in the VAFA B&F this year.

Before playing with DLS, he played with the Hampton Rovers.

Shortish, quick guy who can score a goal apparently. I’ve seen him around before – maybe at training. Dunno. He has a reasonable build for his size, sandy, shortish sort of hair. Has a bit of attitude about him as I understand.

Here’s a picture of ya’ boy here Ba’ Da’ Bing.

http://www.cyansportingimages.com/cgi-bin/store/imageFolio.cgi?action=view&link=Football_-_VAFA/Presentation_Evening_2006&image=QW3L6899.jpg&img=&tt=&tfile=tn_QW3L6899.jpg

Redford said:
LidsandBling said:
Redford said:
LidsandBling said:
Redford said:
checkside said:

The kid from Coburg ?

Have never seen him play. But here’s what I know.

Plays for De La Salle in the VAFA.

Made the VAFA rep side this year and was also in their U/23 side as well.

The previous year he was an U/23 All Australian and represented the AAFC over in Ireland where he was in the best. That’s probably where RFC might have noticed him i.e. maybe the AIS squad was over there playing at the same time. Dunno.

Finished 4th in the VAFA B&F this year.

Before playing with DLS, he played with the Hampton Rovers.

Shortish, quick guy who can score a goal apparently. I’ve seen him around before – maybe at training. Dunno. He has a reasonable build for his size, sandy, shortish sort of hair. Has a bit of attitude about him as I understand.

Here’s a picture of ya’ boy here Ba’ Da’ Bing.

http://www.cyansportingimages.com/cgi-bin/store/imageFolio.cgi?action=view&link=Football_-_VAFA/Presentation_Evening_2006&image=QW3L6899.jpg&img=&tt=&tfile=tn_QW3L6899.jpg

thanks reds

can anyone confirm if he did or didn't train with us last week and if he did, how did he go?

I don't mind looking at him, if he's trained with us and impressed then more power to him. He trained with the Hawks a few years back but was knocked back in the end. But for a state league high achiever he ticks a lot of boxes, I guess this is the beauty of having a stand alone reserves team, even the whole recruitment process draws us closer to some diamonds in the rough.

The only knock on Batsanis is his pace. Other than that he ticks all the boxes as a midfielder.