Neil Balme | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Neil Balme

Baron Samedi

Tiger Champion
Apr 20, 2016
leon said:
You are really struggling - drawing a long bow there to make any connection.

No matter how many more coaching/football personnel changes they make, nothing will assuage your negativity. Stewing in your over-cooked broth?

No, just telling it like it is.

Whether Hardwick goes or stays, chances are Balme's appointment will be linked with the decision.

But if you're happy to celebrate like we've won our 11th flag lezza, go for it ;D

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
Very pleasing news. Good announcement, the did well to keep it quiet.

I wonder if we will get more insights from the EY report?

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
jokershoppe said:
all these changes, you *smile*ing bewty, to say i,m excited is an understatement

not me. like others have said, its just one (long overdue) appointment (and its off-field). we still have the issue of the coach signed for 2 more years.

se7en said:
People still going to cancel their memberships ?

mine has been cancelled. may renew in March. we'll see.

Ghost of 29

Handball - its just a fad!!
Aug 16, 2008
easy said:
two questions for those who know,

1. Is Balmey Dimma's boss? and,

2. How long was he at Collingwood, and what would Balmey's CV say he achieved at Collingwood?

Was head of football at Pies when they made back to back gf's. His most recent stint wasn't great but could argue that Naffun was desperate to change the culture so cut the guts out of the list which took place before NB came back.

The guy is the real deal, great appointment.

WesternTiger

Tiger Legend
Nov 7, 2004
easy said:
two questions for those who know,

1. Is Balmey Dimma's boss? and,

2. How long was he at Collingwood, and what would Balmey's CV say he achieved at Collingwood?

yes to 1.

with 2 do you mean in his most recent time there?

evo

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2003
62106040.jpg

E

easy_tiger

WesternTiger said:
yes to 1.

with 2 do you mean in his most recent time there?

yeah. I guess what Im asking, at the risk of sounding cynical (im not, just doing my pointless cyber due diligence), how long since his last flag involvement?

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Benny said "We have been in discussions with Neil for a number of weeks...." WTF??

E

easy_tiger

Baron Samedi said:
Lack of authority between Benny and Dan.

They're asking Balmey to pull the trigger.

you should get a hobby Baz.

WesternTiger

Tiger Legend
Nov 7, 2004
easy said:
yeah. I guess what Im asking, at the risk of sounding cynical (im not, just doing my pointless cyber due diligence), how long since his last flag involvement?

Went to Collingwood during 2014 so was there for two full seasons.

Last premierships were Cats 2007, 2009 and 2011.

So only two other guys with better records in recent years ;D.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
TigerForce said:
Benny said "We have been in discussions with Neil for a number of weeks...." WTF??

What's so surprising about that ?

E

easy_tiger

WesternTiger said:
Went to Collingwood during 2014 so was there for two full seasons.

Last premierships were Cats 2007, 2009 and 2011.

thanks. that recent enough for me. meaningless cyber due diligence; tick.

go balmey.

Tigerdangerous

Tigerdangerous
Aug 30, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
While many on here believe Balme is some sort of football messiah I would like the club to come out and without “spin” confirm his appointment and his title at the club. I just hope this isn’t papering over huge cracks down at Runt Road, with Hardwick still as head coach, and for the moment I haven’t see or have heard of any changes to recruiting and development. This is where the cancer breeds as we all know.

I don’t believe in the myth of the messiah and Balme, surely in the twilight of a very successful football career as a player and administrator might see a couple of cosy, well paid years at the Tiger Retirement Home as a comfortable way to round out his eventual retirement and pension plan. The place is already filled with those types! If however he still has the fire in his belly and has a no fuss, ruthless vision for the Tigers and is prepared to kick some real arse then I would be a very happy Richmond supporter.

And don’t believe a word that spills out of Gale’s mouth. He and the president got the fright of their lives last week when another ticket went public and declared their priority to get Balme to Richmond. I suggest some of that war chest of money has finally been quickly opened to get Balme across by the current administration. So what you might say; such reactive performances by this current board and admin is part of the problem. The supporters need to be constantly demanding the best from these plodders and continually insist on change if, as we have seen in the recent past, their failures continue to hurt the club.

Puntrd64

Tiger Superstar
Apr 2, 2005
Tigerdangerous said:
While many on here believe Balme is some sort of football messiah I would like the club to come out and without “spin” confirm his appointment and his title at the club. I just hope this isn’t papering over huge cracks down at Runt Road, with Hardwick still as head coach, and for the moment I haven’t see or have heard of any changes to recruiting and development. This is where the cancer as we all know.

I don’t believe in the myth of the messiah and Balme, surely in the twilight of a very successful football career as a player and administrator might see a couple of cosy, well paid years at the Tiger Retirement Home as a comfortable way to round out his eventual retirement and pension plan. The place is already filled with those types! If however he still has the fire in his belly and has a no fuss, ruthless vision for the Tigers and is prepared to kick some real arse then I would be a very happy Richmond supporter.
A
nd don’t believe a word that spills out of Gale’s mouth. He and the president got the fright of their lives last week when another ticket went public and declared their priority to get Balme to Richmond. I suggest some of that war chest of money has finally been quickly opened to get Balme across by the current administration. So what you might say; such reactive performances by this current board and admin is part of the problem. The supporters need to be constantly demanding the best from these plodders and continually insist on change if, as we have seen in the recent past, their failures continue to hurt the club.
Good word Plodders, very apt (BTW welcome back Neil and thanks Collingwood for creating a very rare but timely opportunity).