Neil Balme | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Neil Balme

Baloo said:
Serious? They were still in discussions obviously. You never announce a position until everyone has signed and agreed. Announcing it in a response would have been nearly as stupid as the ShipOfFools bringing Balmey up in the first place.

Just thought Benny could've given a hint. Weren't we all led down a garden path? We all heard (or thought we heard...through this great media we have) that Balmey wasn't interested.

I'm shocked but glad we got Balmey.

TigerForce said:
Just thought Benny could've given a hint. Weren't we all led down a garden path? We all heard (or thought we heard...through this great media we have) that Balmey wasn't interested.

I'm shocked but glad we got Balmey.

Not sure what you were listening too. To me it sounded like we were well into his ear. But seriously, a hint ? How would that have been different to what the ShipOfFools did ?

Baron Samedi said:
He is earning over 500K to see how many members he can turn away.

He doesn't deserve sh!t, leon.

In that case, why are you bothered? Aren't you cancelling any membership commitments too? Giving up in disgust? But still posting madly on PRE -so just a sniper from the sidelines? Maybe that is *smile*?

Baron Samedi said:
The decision yet to come Sinners
If and when Dimma goes he will be linked to it for sure because he is the GM of footy, that's self evident isn't it

Not necessarily related to what you posted but there seems to be a view that he is seen as a messiah. I don't see him that way at all but I am celebrating a positive move to bring in a person who is a proven performer and a person who cares about our footy club.

Does there need to be more ? Sure, but that doesn't mean we can't applaud this positive move.

Baloo said:
Not sure what you were listening too. To me it sounded like we were well into his ear. But seriously, a hint ? How would that have been different to what the ShipOfFools did ?

How?

They made their grand statement that they got Balme, so I thought Benny could've blocked any further movement from them by stating we are speaking to him. Going by a lot of posts, most on here wouldn't have dreamed Balme coming over to us.

Probally one of the less important decisions Balmey will make over the next couple of months, however be interesting to see if he rates players enough like Witts or Brown etc to bring them across, doubt he'd be thinking a Goldsack type free agent

TigerForce said:
How?

They made their grand statement that they got Balme, so I thought Benny could've blocked any further movement from them by stating we are speaking to him. Going by a lot of posts, most on here wouldn't have dreamed Balme coming over to us.

Nothing the club said, more what the media and whispers were after the Grubby announcement by the Pies.

leon said:
In that case, why are you bothered? Aren't you cancelling any membership commitments too? Giving up in disgust? But still posting madly on PRE -so just a sniper from the sidelines? Maybe that is sh!t?

Bothered with what? Don't get all hysterical, leon. Stay calm and re-phrase the question.

If it helps at all, I'm just a member posting my criticisms on a forum.

When the club deserves my insignificant praise then I will lavish it upon them :hihi

Don't hyper-ventilate.

Well I tried to microwave my membership card after the announcement today and bugger me I opened up the door and there in the microwave was a plastic image of Geoff Southby!

tigertime2 said:
Well I tried to microwave my membership card after the announcement today and bugger me I opened up the door and there in the microwave was a plastic image of Geoff Southby!
Balme was brutal that day but Southby was the wrong target and was and still is a gentleman. Vin Waite was the real culprit that day, but Balmey only winged him twice. Balmey has admitted such since.

CC TIGER said:
Probally one of the less important decisions Balmey will make over the next couple of months, however be interesting to see if he rates players enough like Witts or Brown etc to bring them across, doubt he'd be thinking a Goldsack type free agent

apparently smart people at the Pies rate Witts, so we'll assume Balmey is in that camp. Hopefully Wittsy goes to the Balmes for a roast every Thursday.

If we can get him cheap, I'd be stoked.

tigersnake said:
Its actually the opposite. This appointment exposes them as uber bozos. 1. They announced Balme as their centerpiece without talking to him, this is what not to do 101. 2. The current regime already had him signed up, and the fact they had no knowledge of this is astounding for would-be networked powerbrokers. I think even a couple of PRE posters had wind of it..., could be wrong on that.

It explains the expressions on the faces of Benny and Peggy at their FOS, sorry FoF response presser, they were thinking 'I don't believe we have to respond to these clowns'.

yep certainly seems that way now

“Ultimately, this review has identified the need to get the right people in the right roles and to give them the clarity and structure that will allow them to focus on building a culture of success,” Gale said.

I know it's just corporate speak but if Benny and Peggie needed a review to tell them this then we have been fighting with one hand tied behind our back for years.

But give them credit once they read the Review and were enlightened, they acted.

One of the best recruitments to RFC in a loooong time.
Balme will add some much needed rigor to the football department.
And I am sure his views, insights and input will be eagerly sought by others at the Club.

puntrd64 said:
Balme was brutal that day but Southby was the wrong target and was and still is a gentleman. Vin Waite was the real culprit that day, but Balmey only winged him twice. Balmey has admitted such since.

Yep - I was only 7 at the time but I know that during Save Our Skins Southby wrote an impassioned letter to the Herald Sun about what a great club Richmond is and how it would be a travesty if we were no longer in the competition (this despite what Balmey did to him and the intense hatred/rivalry between us and Carlton). Class act all the way.

Balmey coming to the Tigers is the best footy news I've heard since Jaack won his last Coleman!!!