Neil Balme | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Neil Balme

Goodonya Neil Balme

He come out swinging today about Damien Barret,s drivel on The Footy Show last night saying That guy talks crap.....I,d love to be a fly on the wall when Neil sorts him face to face

Re: Goodonya Neil Balme

nitrotiger said:
He come out swinging today about Damien Barret,s drivel on The Footy Show last night saying That guy talks crap.....I,d love to be a fly on the wall when Neil sorts him face to face

I'm pretty sure Parrot is persona non grata at Punt Rd. Has been for a couple of years now.

He is just so calm, level-headed, and appears to talk sense all of the time.
You have to wonder how much of our improvement is directly attributable to him.

Did he have much of a say in the Deledio/Vickery/Caddy/Prestia trades? (Think the Prestia thing was done before he arrived?)

Think the Prestia thing was done when we didn't think we'd have a shocking season and end up with pick 6! Prestia for Pick 12+ would have been more like it.

Baloo said:
I'm pretty sure Parrot is persona non grata at Punt Rd. Has been for a couple of years now.

Be well deserved too.

He might still be allowed to hide in the bins when they are outside the ground though.

23.21.159 said:
He is just so calm, level-headed, and appears to talk sense all of the time.

Yep calm and level headed but you know what they say about still waters running deep and all that. I wouldn't poke the Balmey Bear too hard for fear of him calmly knocking your level head right off your shoulders.

nitrotiger said:

Brilliant Balmey. Parrot is a campaigner and finally we have someone at the club prepared to say it publicly

I wonder if Balmey will be giving the players some advice about the level of physicality we bring to the game on Saturday. I know it's a different era and all, but I wouldn't mind seeing us playing to hurt the opposition. The stars have aligned for us this year. Who knows how long it will be before we make it to another granny.

nitrotiger said:

Where did Balme comment on that?

i believe balme, dimma and leppa are going to have THAT GF talk to: Grimes, macca, towner, caddy and young Jack G.
Line them up and remind them we are playing in OUR HOUSE.

asian tetley said:
HEY BALMEY.
GET SERIOUS.
SACK HARDWICK .
SACK HARTLEY.
Our skills are DEPLORABLE!!!

Thread necro and this pops up from earlier this year, says it all.

TheCan said:
i believe balme, dimma and leppa are going to have THAT GF talk to: Grimes, macca, towner, caddy and young Jack G.
Line them up and remind them we are playing in OUR HOUSE.

Yep agreed, we havent been pushed around this year and have actually beaten some sides up pretty good.

Crows through Tex and the Crouch boys will be into us, stand our ground and smash them at every chance we get.

I agree.

Balme , Dimma, Leppa, The Fly will have important roles to play to not only the young boys but to the big bodied, tough types.

There is no tomorrow.

No 4 points at stake.

That Tex especially with a few mates will try to rough us up at the start before they do their robotic mimic NZ style intimidation before the game starts when lining up.

But needs to tell differently to his day though. Target the player with the ball, be ferocious ( Cotchin style) not over the top which lost us both 72 and 82 GF to the enemy Carlton.

waiting said:
That Tex especially with a few mates will try to rough us up at the start before they do their robotic mimic NZ style intimidation before the game starts when lining up.

Run a beep test at their stupid statues, let them know they might stand tall but we are going to run them off their legs. Or leave Butler there on his own after the anthem finishes to give them the Hussein Bolt salute.

Bill James said:
Run a beep test at their stupid statues, let them know they might stand tall but we are going to run them off their legs. Or leave Butler there on his own after the anthem finishes to give them the Hussein Bolt salute.

Yeah, been thinking of the best response. They have this thing about not moving first. Need to screw that up. Maybe arms still linked walk in a line straight to the Adelaide boys until we're nose to nose. Or bring the two RFC and of the line in to form a circle. Or we just ignore it.

Dunno. I'm more interested in using their "thing" to put them off their game. Not worried that it intimidates us.

Baloo I like that.

We link arms and start moving towards them till we are a feet away.

Love it.

Would the AFL fine us.

Man that would cause a barney rubble style stouch first up!