Neil Balme | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Neil Balme

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
A lot of credit needs to go to this calm man & influence Neil Balme.

Everywhere he has gone premierships have been delivered after droughts.

The messiah.

Omen

Thank you Collingwood.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
waiting said:
A lot of credit needs to go to this calm man & influence Neil Balme.

Everywhere he has gone premierships have been delivered after droughts.

The messiah.

Omen

Thank you Collingwood.

You said it W.

puregreen

Tiger Champion
Dec 6, 2009
The best decision Eddie ever made was bring Gubby Allan back to Collingwood to push Balmey sideways from his position and ultimately to us - hard as it is to say....thank you Eddie.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Dont underestimate the impact this man has had at the RFC upon his return.

Big Man brought some serious face to the club ....

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
Thank you Balmey. As the unofficial bring Balmey to Richmond CEO since the days he was coaching Norwood very relieved and grateful we brought the big fella in.

Tenacious Tiges

I remember when Balmey just thugged them .....
Apr 11, 2003
lamb22 said:
Thank you Balmey. As the unofficial bring Balmey to Richmond CEO since the days he was coaching Norwood very relieved and grateful we brought the big fella in.
I've been there with you Lamb Chops. N.knew it was gonna be Tiger time when he came home the big crazy No 21.

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Loved the images today of Balme sitting in the back of the coaches box, particularly in the last quarter where he was smiling away content in the knowledge that the Tigers were soon to be premiers.
Balme is a dude for all seasons and I am so pleased he has returned to his footy home.

Spirit of Jack

Only a Tiger premiership can make 2020 a good year
Apr 19, 2004
Listening to SEN, just reinforces how lucky we are to have this bloke.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
He kept emphasising the right people over right players. The personality of the player being more important than the skill.

TigerTribe5

Tiger Matchwinner
Oct 14, 2010
Just heard Balmie on SEN talking to KB.

He refused to discuss the Tigers draft requirements, who they were targeting, what type of player, etc, etc ....

At last some common sense - well played Sir Neil! :clap

KB also mentioned that it was Balme that was instrumental in getting Caracella to the Tigers.

Mr T.

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 11, 2007
Melbourne
We’d have to talk to BHP for some extra ore to build his statue. Will be larger than life.