Neil Balme | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Neil Balme

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Many years ago a mate played golf with Umpire Robinson. Asked why he didn’t report Balmey for knocking Southby into next week. Umpire Robinson said “I thought he hit Vin Waite”. 😅😅
Balmey did hit Waite, it was a couple of minutes after he had belted Southby.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
Simply put, he's just a LEGEND of our club.

Many thanks Balmey you're a gentleman. You deserve a statue at Punt road.

Reactions: 4 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
A big part in 2 premiership eras, and he came from Subiaco.

I remember watching him as a kid and then he came back so many years later to set us back on the right path.

Thanks Balmey.

DS

Reactions: 7 users

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
Just a question: It seems like he was pushed to go, and he wanted to stay on. Who made the decision Gale on the way out. I just think with all this transition been happening, no better footy administrator then Balme to see it through and also guide Yze.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
I think the decision to let him go is best summed up by Balmey himself when he said that he would probably have made the same decision himself.
Always the pragmatist
Thanks Balmey

Reactions: 6 users

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
The sad thing in life is we get older, slower and become less effective whilst still being able to do a good job. None of us like it or don't want to admit it but it happens. Balmey's comment of 'it’s kind of like a changing of the guard' is correct. Balme and Gale for that matter have been the main people left in RFC management who have done so much to make our club great again and financially stable so as it looks like in the coming two seasons we may lose these stalwarts. All I can say is no regrets, thanks for the hard work, the memories and good luck in their futures wherever they may be

Reactions: 5 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Sometimes you need to be silent.
We have all seen the impact of taking on City hall. No other person at club level speaks like that about the AFLScreenshot_20240403_220708_Samsung Internet.jpg

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
Keep telling the Pr!cks that they're pr!cks, Balmey!

Love ya work :cool:

Reactions: 11 users

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne
I'd say pick your fights. This is not something to fight over unless inconsistencies emerge in sentencing.

Reactions: 1 users

achillesjones

"just kick it to Royce"
Apr 19, 2004
I can remember that the Subiaco Superman was leading the Sunscore for quite a while one season in the mid 70’s.
He and Clokey were imposing forwards.

Reactions: 1 user

toothless

Tiger Champion
Aug 16, 2009
I'd say pick your fights. This is not something to fight over unless inconsistencies emerge in sentencing.
Agree, dumb move IMO. I don't think Benny & co will be too pleased. Balmey not keeping his mouth shut may be part of the reason they gave him a tap on the shoulder?

Reactions: 1 users

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
I can remember that the Subiaco Superman was leading the Sunscore for quite a while one season in the mid 70’s.
He and Clokey were imposing forwards.
Agree, dumb move IMO. I don't think Benny & co will be too pleased. Balmey not keeping his mouth shut may be part of the reason they gave him a tap on the shoulder?
Well we've been quiet and what's it got us? SFA.

I can't stand him but Fat Ed sticks up big time for his beloved Filth.

If the maggots were consistently shafting Collingwood like we get he'd scream blue murder. When the AFL said they have to have a clash jumper he told them to GAGF.

Tigers need to stop being nice. :mad:

Reactions: 7 users

toothless

Tiger Champion
Aug 16, 2009
every time we speak up it gets even worse and it seems like we have to pay for it. damned if you do, damned if you don't I guess.

Reactions: 1 user

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
every time we speak up it gets even worse and it seems like we have to pay for it. damned if you do, damned if you don't I guess.
Hmmm "I’d rather die on my feet than live on my knees" comes to mind :cool:

Reactions: 8 users