New forum-- | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

New forum--

rosy23 said:
Why do you think that Ian? I don't know much about that kind of thing but would have thought it was more a server issue than anything to do with the new forum. I have made enquiries to find out why the site is so slow this morning.

I only said the new forum because its whats changed recently and the site slowed down as the traffic increased. Is PRE on a new server with the new forum?

IanG said:
I only said the new forum because its whats changed recently and the site slowed down as the traffic increased. Is PRE on a new server with the new forum?

No worries Ian. I thought/hoped you might have an understanding of how it works. We are still with the same server so I'd be surprised if traffic has anything to do with it. As jb alluded to we get more some game days and don't lose speed. Our hosts are looking into the problem.

It seems we've hit a web server limit – designed to slow things down so it doesn’t over load the database server.

Must be something to do with the new forum software and they’ll have to fine tune the limits.

It's good to have a test run before footy season even though it's frustratingly slow. Hope we're up to speed again soon.

Just upped the MaxClients limit. Can't go to high in one jump, but it seems better now.

tester said:
Just upped the MaxClients limit. Can't go to high in one jump, but it seems better now.

Lucky we didn't Rookie Fev then. Server would have encased itself in concrete.

Baloo said:
Lucky we didn't Rookie Fev then. Server would have encased itself in concrete.

I think I would have just put the forum in maintenance mode for the day then.... ;)

rosy23 said:
My screen only shows one jump drop down box Rinaldo. Have you tried shift-refresh?
What I call the first of the two drop-down boxes is only on the lower right hand corner of a directory page such as Dyer-tribe, not on a page within Dyer-tribe. It occurs within the new yellow band. I don't remember it being there before. This first box confused me into thinking it was the box that you use to take you to other parts of the site. I just hadn't scrolled down far enough. I hope that makes my meaning clearer Rosy.

I'm not sure if it is because of the new forum, but I have just noticed that smileys don't show when you preview your posts. They work in the actual posts.No big deal . :) This shows as a colon followed by a ) in the preview.

When I checked my stats profile, my posting activity by time looks a bit odd. It has most of my posting between 5am and 7am with hardly any in the afternoon. I'm usually in bed between 5am and 7am and wondering if the am and pm figures have somehow been swapped.

I suspect it would be more a case of being set for northern hemisphere rather than figures being swapped.

I don't think the hemisphere you are in has any effect on local time. Perhaps it is set to GMT, although my profile indicates that I'm currently in AEST.