New forum-- | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

New forum--

tester said:
That got fixed pretty quickly - it shouldn't be happening now.

Sorry Tester, still see the double directory tree when clicking this link

View the most recent posts on the forum.

PUNT ROAD END FORUM
Recent Posts
PUNT ROAD END FORUM
Recent Posts

Well done on all your work.

But I miss my old theme :'-(

(And I have no idea what name it was, so I can't even ask whether you'll be reinstituting it - less black, more of the grey background).

Red Sea Tiger said:
Sorry Tester, still see the double directory tree when clicking this link

View the most recent posts on the forum.

PUNT ROAD END FORUM
Recent Posts
PUNT ROAD END FORUM
Recent Posts

Do the 'shift' reload trick....

nikdante said:
Well done on all your work.

But I miss my old theme :'-(

(And I have no idea what name it was, so I can't even ask whether you'll be reinstituting it - less black, more of the grey background).

Same here. It looks too dark to me. Especially this comments screen.......why couldn't it stay as white background (just like Word is)?

I can't re-adjust the contrast and brightness because this new notebook I recently bought isn't very good with colour enhancement.

TigerForce said:
.......why couldn't it stay as white background (just like Word is)?

I can't re-adjust the contrast and brightness because this new notebook I recently bought isn't very good with colour enhancement.

It's not all about you, especially if your problem is due to your new computer not being very good. Some really like the changes and the new look. You don't have to use this theme. Have you tried changing themes? Maybe you'll find the blue one more appealing.

rosy23 said:
It's not all about you, especially if your problem is due to your new computer not being very good. Some really like the changes and the new look. You don't have to use this theme. Have you tried changing themes? Maybe you'll find the blue one more appealing.

Yeah I know. I just thought adding a bit of white and taking off some black would help.

The blue and white just doesn't look like PRE to me. Is there a choice of using the previous theme?

This really isn't a whole lot different from the old theme we had. It's not an option on here. Where was the white on it that you refer to? The main difference is that when you're typing the box is black and the text yellow. That doesn't affect the look of the actual forum though. The old forum post boxes alternated grey and black with light print, same as this forum.

Do you have any nice words to say about the new forum?

rosy23 said:
This really isn't a whole lot different from the old theme we had. It's not an option on here. Where was the white on it that you refer to? The main difference is that when you're typing the box is black and the text yellow. That doesn't affect the look of the actual forum though. The old forum post boxes alternated grey and black with light print, same as this forum.

Do you have any nice words to say about the new forum?

I must be thinking of the yellow bars which are now gray on the Home page (which is what makes it look too dark).

Doesn't matter Rosy it's just that because you've made it darker, it doesn't look clear on this new computer I have (alternating from dark PRE to light Word screens affect the eyes a bit ;D).

I'll just have to try and cope with it someway.

rosy23 said:
I take it that's a no? :blah

No it's not a no. It's just a change you've made which keeps a website updated and that's good.

The layout looks good but for me it's too dark even around the edges. At least the tiger picture and motto up the top gives it a bit of brightness as it did in the previous theme which also had a picture on the bottom of the home page.

TigerForce said:
The layout looks good but for me it's too dark even around the edges. At least the tiger picture and motto up the top gives it a bit of brightness as it did in the previous theme which also had a picture on the bottom of the home page.

What do you think it was like around the edges before? The yellow border around the edge was black on the old forum so the old one was probably darker.

rosy23 said:
What do you think it was like around the edges before? The yellow border around the edge was black on the old forum so the old one was probably darker.
It can't have been.

Weren't the Introduction, Football and General borders on the Home Page yellow before?

TigerForce said:
It can't have been.

It could have been because it was. Tester changed the black border from the old forum to show up as yellow on this new forum. It seems to me you're not giving yourself much chance to adjust to the new forum and are looking for differences that weren't there.

rosy23 said:
It could have been because it was. Tester changed the black border from the old forum to show up as yellow on this new forum. It seems to me you're not giving yourself much chance to adjust to the new forum and are looking for differences that weren't there.

I don't see any yellow border except for 3 yellow panels on the Home Page.

You're giving me a headache TF. Think I'll leave you to it. The forum look is basically the same as before with a few minor differences. We might make changes yet but it's best to give ourselves a chance to adjust to the new forum.

rosy23 said:
You're giving me a headache TF. Think I'll leave you to it. The forum look is basically the same as before with a few minor differences. We might make changes yet but it's best to give ourselves a chance to adjust to the new forum.

OK take an Aspirin. I'm just saying the previous home page had more yellow panels than this one (gray) which made it brighter. I should've taken a screen print of it ;D

Don't worry I'll adjust someway. No need to make changes just for me.

We're all probably getting confused about what we're each looking at. I know I am. There's stuff in there that I didn't even know existed - except people have mentioned it recently after the changes!

I Honestly can't remember a lot of the old theme's home page, I hardly ever looked at it in detail - went straight to the sub boards.
I might fire up a test forum with the old software to refresh my memory of what the old one did look like.

tester said:
We're all probably getting confused about what we're each looking at. I know I am. There's stuff in there that I didn't even know existed - except people have mentioned it recently after the changes!

I Honestly can't remember a lot of the old theme's home page, I hardly ever looked at it in detail - went straight to the sub boards.
I might fire up a test forum with the old software to refresh my memory of what the old one did look like.

Good idea Tester. ;D

Congratulations to all who have benn involved in planning for the new forum design and functionality. As a web project manager I know how much effort goes into planning, designing, and managing these changes. It looks good to me. I also know that it will be impossible to please everyone.
Many years ago I used to be a teacher and you wouldn't believe the arguments that there would be between staff about what colour we should paint the staff room. Many friendships were ended. Web design is like that.
I often access PRE on my iPad now so I'm always interested in comments about how the web caters for people using mobile devices. Someone commented a while back about Internet Explorer. I'm using Safari and it seems to work OK apart from the drop down Boxes at the foot of the page that allow you to jump between fora. This seems to be getting worse rather than better. I now know how to find where you've put the link to find the last posts of a particular poster. I use that a lot and it's much more hidden now.
As the Tester says in the previous post, there are lots of functions on the website that most of us never use. Remembering them, or keeping track of them must be a challenge.
I'm sure most of us on PRE appreciate the enormous amount of energy, dedication and commitment that Rosy et al put into the site. Congratulations again.