New turmoil rocks Tigerland | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

New turmoil rocks Tigerland

I applaud Brendan Schwab for doing what he has done.
I'm sure that he would of stayed on the board if he thought that he could help make the changes, that he believes needs to happen.

It's shame that it has happened so close to the start of the season.

If things aren't as they seem, or what all members should expect, its best to find out now than latter, when the damage could be even greater.

I don't know what Brendan's issues are, but I know the Tiges need to have a good year on the field this year as success on the field will help the profits of the club.
The Tiges needs to show a profit, after last years big loss. I'd hate to see the tins being rattled again.

MC24 said:
It seems to me that as long as everyone agrees then everyone is fine. 

I can't see it that way at all, especially if there is a chance that people will be chosen to be on the board on the assumption that they'll be agreeable.

If everyone agrees on a wrong it doesn't make it a right.

I don't have enough info to have an opinion either way , but I doubt strongly that 2 members would resign for no reason and I can't accept the theory that time will cause change when elections are due.

A lot of damage can happen in the meantime if there are problems. All I ask is that people are honest here and have Richmond's best interests at heart.

rosy3 said:
MC24 said:

I can't see it that way at all, especially if there is a chance that people will be chosen to be on the board on the assumption that they'll be agreeable.

If everyone agrees on a wrong it doesn't make it a right.

I don't have enough info to have an opinion either way , but I doubt strongly that 2 members would resign for no reason and I can't accept the theory that time will cause change when elections are due.

A lot of damage can happen in the meantime if there are problems.  All I ask is that people are honest here and have Richmond's best interests at heart.

Well said rosy3, my sentiments exactly.

CARN THE TIGES!!!!

rosy3 said:
MC24 said:

I don’t understand what you mean here Rosy.

rosy3 said:

A lot of damage can happen in the meantime if there are problems. All I ask is that people are honest here and have Richmond's best interests at heart.

We’re basing our arguments on what ifs and buts. We have limited info. to go on and are just speculating. We’ll never be able to reach a conclusion this way.

Let’s just hope RFC wins out of all this.

This is all the evidence i need:

The closed shop propeganda mentality the board has when a seat is up for re-election.

Voting forms either not coming, or coming so late that members cannot learn enough about the candidates which leads to a "devil you know" voting strategy ie nothing changes.

The club is going backwards financially!

Nobody but Frawley being interested in coaching us BECAUSE of the amount of say coming from the board. Since when had a board been this involved with "Football Dept" issues? Even Miller was moved to comment on this last year!

I wanna see a bloody revolt! I want to see heads rolling down the stairs of the social club. I want to see mess and mayhem. I want to see "Kill Bill" type blood spattering limb dismemberment. I want to see effiegies hanging in flames from the stands! I want to see brown stained poopy pants ex-board members running for their lives down Bridge road with the Tiger Prowler hot on their tail and a couple of fishing rods hanging out the back.

Then i want to see a new club with a ruthless mentality to success rise where once stood a club with a board more interested in Saturday afternoon tea partys while keeping one eye on the scores of the Essendon game!

Yibbidy Yibbadaaa - Thats All Folks!

My god, Frick, I can't believe you - all this football savvy in one person and now, well, you're the Che Guevara of the Internet!

I must admit by the time I got to the part about the effigies hanging in flames from the stands I was all ready to grab my trusty pitchfork and march on Punt Road in protest!

Stirring stuff, Che Frick!

Quote from: David C on March 20, 2004, 11:21:47 am
Quote from: Canbtiger on March 20, 2004, 11:07:31 am

Just ducked onto David C's website to check out the Articles of Association.

Here is the relevant clause on replacements:

8.1 Composition of the Board

"8.1.1 .......Any casual vacancy occurring on the Board may be filled by it, but the person so chosen shall be subject to retirement at the same time as if he had become a member of the Board on the day on which the other member of the Board in whose place he has appointed or was last elected to the Board"

Now, for the tenure of the people who have resigned:

Brendan Schwab was up for election this year and Peter Welsh has almost 3 years to go.

The people who are appointed in their places will serve the same time as the original board members that they directly replace.

This means one person will be up for re-election this year, and whoever replaces Whoosha will have almost 3 years before having to face the members.

The list of all the current (well, not any more....) board members and their tenure is at:

http://www.rfc-election.tk/

I have posted portion of another thread here as some people seem unsure what the RFC Articles say about such matters.

Unless there is a clause in the Articles covering a complete spill - in which case we would be voting for the entire Board - then those mentioned above can only be voted on when their term ends.

Until such time the pres/board has the power to nominate who they like.

The Boss said:
The Boss started a topic on this site mid last year stating that Corn Chips Casey had to go as President. This is where all our problems are stemming from - no leadership, no passion, poor staffing decisions, he has put the club in financial ruin during his reign, christ - the guy doesn't even barrack for Richmond!!! He's in it for his own self indulgence - hell he even has put a plaque of him in the entrance to the admin offices!!

This is the reason that Schwab resigned. He was one of the few Board members who actually has an idea on what's going on. Sadly, he couldn't put up with Casey's incompetence any longer. He's not the only one either. casey has been hounding Benny gale to be on the Board, why don't you think Benny has accepted????

The club needs some influential people to get a ticket together at the end of the season and get rid of this bloke, his dummy board, and some of the other imposters working in key roles at the club.

And I also posted on this forum who would be the best leader of our organisation and some of you scoffed at my suggestion - Rex Hunt. A true tiger, a high profile media person whose influental in business circles is the man for our club. Look at what Eddie McGuire's profile has done for the Pies - sponsors are coming from everywhere and this started when they were on teh bottom of the ladder and had nothing to do with on field performance. I know for a fact that Rex has been sounded out by key Richmond people in the past and has declined due to business commitments. But with him taking a lesser role at Channel 7 this year and if our club keeps performing the way we are both on and off the field - Rex will do it.

We will never be a force again until we sort out our administration. Crap clubs don't win premierships or make finals regularly - go thru the history books.

IN - Big Rex
Out- Corn Chips

Whilst I am not privvy enough to the internal workings of the club Boss I can't help but agree with you on Big Rex.

IMHO he would be an outstanding canditate for the Pres' position. He has high media profile, connections, and most of all is a passionate RICHMOND man.

Behind his bluff and bravado he is an astute person, who would make the call as he says it. Occasionally he may get it wrong, but at least his has principles and call a spade a spade. Personally I believe he could take the club to a new level and would get a lot of support at board level.

Wouldn't mind betting Benny may reconsider with a President like Big Rex. (my opinion only)

What was really concerning for me was Benny GALE'S comments that he was concerned about the circumstances of SCHWABBS departure. Benny is an astute man and there is something behind those words.

I for one hope this whole mess is resolved sooner rather than later and doesn't fester all season.

Must make Spud feel a little nervous with all this going on around him. Just what he needs NOT.

Does anyone remember TJ's reference to board members that leak things over lunch? Well Brendan Schwab is not one of them. He is Richmond through and through. So was his dad.

He knows footy inside out, and even more, knows the RFC inside out. And unlike the lunchtime leakers, he has passion for this club.

He could sit on the board for the rest of the year like the rest of them, and do nothing, if he didnt care about the clubs direction. Or he could resign a week before the season begins. Which says everything.

Casey runs the club like an old peoples home, which is how he made his millions. Richmond supporters, whether on this site, or on the board, have a lot more passion than old people. And anyway, he's an Essendon supporter.

Bring on Rex!

Apparently Corn Chips is trying to pretend that the resignations of Schwab and Welsh are merely part of a process of "Board restructuring". What a croc.

frickenel said:
This is all the evidence i need:

The closed shop propeganda mentality the board has when a seat is up for re-election.

Voting forms either not coming, or coming so late that members cannot learn enough about the candidates which leads to a "devil you know" voting strategy ie nothing changes.

The club is going backwards financially!

Nobody but Frawley being interested in coaching us BECAUSE of the amount of say coming from the board. Since when had a board been this involved with "Football Dept" issues? Even Miller was moved to comment on this last year!

I wanna see a bloody revolt! I want to see heads rolling down the stairs of the social club. I want to see mess and mayhem. I want to see "Kill Bill" type blood spattering limb dismemberment. I want to see effiegies hanging in flames from the stands! I want to see brown stained poopy pants ex-board members running for their lives down Bridge road with the Tiger Prowler hot on their tail and a couple of fishing rods hanging out the back.

Then i want to see a new club with a ruthless mentality to success rise where once stood a club with a board more interested in Saturday afternoon tea partys while keeping one eye on the scores of the Essendon game!

Yibbidy Yibbadaaa - Thats All Folks!
All hail emperor frick
when we help you sieze control frick just remember where your power emanates from.

All hail emperor frick
when we help you sieze control frick just remember where your power emanates from.

He knows where the power comes from.  I've read his book.  ;D

Let's not forget we are talking about a bloke who kisses fish here! ::)

rosy3 said:
All hail emperor frick

He knows where the power comes from.  I've read his book.  ;D

I was just about to light the first match Rosy and start the revolution when i read your post, fumbled the match and nearly set myself alight:p