New turmoil rocks Tigerland | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

New turmoil rocks Tigerland

I won't be able to hear the radio today. Could someone give a rundown of what Benny says. Thanks.

PS Odd how Casey's PA told SEN that he was in meetings all day today and couldn't comment publicly.

The Boss started a topic on this site mid last year stating that Corn Chips Casey had to go as President. This is where all our problems are stemming from - no leadership, no passion, poor staffing decisions, he has put the club in financial ruin during his reign, christ - the guy doesn't even barrack for Richmond!!! He's in it for his own self indulgence - hell he even has put a plaque of him in the entrance to the admin offices!!

This is the reason that Schwab resigned. He was one of the few Board members who actually has an idea on what's going on. Sadly, he couldn't put up with Casey's incompetence any longer. He's not the only one either. casey has been hounding Benny gale to be on the Board, why don't you think Benny has accepted????

The club needs some influential people to get a ticket together at the end of the season and get rid of this bloke, his dummy board, and some of the other imposters working in key roles at the club.

And I also posted on this forum who would be the best leader of our organisation and some of you scoffed at my suggestion - Rex Hunt. A true tiger, a high profile media person whose influental in business circles is the man for our club. Look at what Eddie McGuire's profile has done for the Pies - sponsors are coming from everywhere and this started when they were on teh bottom of the ladder and had nothing to do with on field performance. I know for a fact that Rex has been sounded out by key Richmond people in the past and has declined due to business commitments. But with him taking a lesser role at Channel 7 this year and if our club keeps performing the way we are both on and off the field - Rex will do it.

We will never be a force again until we sort out our administration. Crap clubs don't win premierships or make finals regularly - go thru the history books.

IN - Big Rex
Out- Corn Chips

rosy3 said:
If he starts up his own ticket it doesn't suggest him not getting his own way to me, but rather that he can't support the way things are going at present.

I have commented on this on a previous post Rosy.

And I don’t see how splitting the Club is in the interests of RFC. If people have RFC at heart, rather than their own egos in mind, this won’t happen and it doesn’t need to.

Benny on SEN.
Wants to concentrate on his career and starting a family, so he's ruling out coming back to Tigerland :(

RFC4eva said:
Benny on SEN.
Wants to concentrate on his career and starting a family, so he's ruling out coming back to Tigerland  :(

He wouldn't be saying that if Corn Chips wasn't Prez

Casey came in with a ticket after thelast time their was turmoil. He seems to be clearing out the no boys and only wants yes men in & maybe thats why Gale won't go in.

Also with these directors resigning don't we have to elect new people to the board, or at least based on the last elections we elect the next highest vote getter.

Should this not be the case then I hate to say it makes a mockery of all us of having a say! I mean he could even call Jewell back now to get him back on the board even though he was not the required person people wanted. (I don't think he will happen but they way he is talking he can do this).

Deos anyone know if he has the right to do this?

I don't really know much about Casey, or the politics of RFC, but I did think it odd that he didn't speak at the Family Day. What is the role of a good President these days; low-key, or out in front promoting the club??

MC24 said:

And I don’t see how splitting the Club is in the interests of RFC.  If people have RFC at heart, rather than their own egos in mind, this won’t happen and it doesn’t need to.

1- I was just answering your question MC not expecting comment.

2-  Some of us have been told information we choose not to make public at this stage but if it's accurate I am all for action to be taken.  If it's not accurate there are no worries then.

Who are we to judge who has Richmond's interests at heart here?  It's very dangerous to assume and it's why answers need to be found.

No one would want a  split for the sake of it, just as we wouldn't want to accept non-action just for the sake of it if it's needed.

MC24 said:
rosy3 said:
If he starts up his own ticket it doesn't suggest him not getting his own way to me, but rather that he can't support the way things are going at  present.

And I don’t see how splitting the Club is in the interests of RFC.  If people have RFC at heart, rather than their own egos in mind, this won’t happen and it doesn’t need to.

MC, assume that president clinton is performing his duties against the best interest of the club and is not prepared to compromise or adhere to recomendations from the board...........would you then want a board full of yes men ??

According to your theory regime change and revolt would never occur.......unfortunatley this is not the case.

The Boss said:
The club needs some influential people to get a ticket together at the end of the season and get rid of this bloke, his dummy board, and some of the other imposters working in key roles at the club.

I’m all for having the right people in the right role, but why do we have to wait for these situations before these people emerge? How come they have not come forward before? And if they do come forward now, will it be for all the right reasons or will we just find ourselves in this situation again down the track?

I’m so tired of starting all over again, over and over. Why can't we ever seem to get it right? :'( :'(

RFC4eva said:
I don't really know much about Casey, or the politics of RFC, but I did think it odd that he didn't speak at the Family Day.  What is the role of a good President these days; low-key, or out in front promoting the club??

McGuire was basically the MC at Collingwoods family day. Not because he felt obliged but because he wanted to and has passion for the club. Casey is no-where to be seen at tiger gigs.

jb03 said:
PS  Odd how Casey's PA told SEN that he was in meetings all day today and couldn't comment publicly.

I strongly suspect that would be exactly the case. ;)

Harry said:
RFC4eva said:
I don't really know much about Casey, or the politics of RFC, but I did think it odd that he didn't speak at the Family Day.  What is the role of a good President these days; low-key, or out in front promoting the club??
McGuire was basically the MC at Collingwoods family day.  Not because he felt obliged but because he wanted to and has passion for the club.  Casey is no-where to be seen at tiger gigs.

While Casey may not have been the MC he was giving each player their guernsey when they came up. True he could have made a speech but he was there and he wasn't just standing on the sidelines doing nothing.

Why were we in a  position where we needed a guarantor?  :mad:  The fact Clinton went guarantor should have no bearing on his position at the club.  People are elected to that position, it can't be bought.  I hope that's just journalistic licence and not fact. :mad:

Absobloodylutely, Rosy.

Harry said:
MC, assume that president clinton is performing his duties against the best interest of the club and is not prepared to compromise or adhere to recomendations from the board...........would you then want a board full of yes men ??

According to your theory regime change and revolt would never occur.......unfortunatley this is not the case.

I don’t doubt the place of revolutions throughout history, but there are other more civilised and less brutal ways of going about things.

If any Board doesn’t achieve success then they will be ousted soon enough and it won’t take a revolution to do that, just time.

Revolutions occur because people can’t resolve their differences in a responsible and mature manner.

Unless you’re on the inside then how are we to know what really goes on and why. It’s all mind boggling stuff and I don’t understand how people on these Boards can prosper from the failing of the Club they represent and want to be party to decisions that will see it fail and ultimately see them out of a role.

Surely they realise that those who have the interests of RFC at heart will show through and those who are looking after their own interests will be found out.

Firstly I would like to say that I believe this whole issue is just a case of Richmond off field antics being used to sell papers and should be filed in the who cares basket.

But as everyone else seems to think it newsworthy, I would like to know what has changed so drastically over the past month or so which force these dills to resign now? Why didn't they resign before the election thus allowing the members to choose their replacements.

IMO they obviously have no respect for supporters and we are better off without them.

Perhaps they should form a ticket with a certain digruntled ex coach and form a board in exile. :mad:

TigersGoddess said:
Harry said:
RFC4eva said:
McGuire was basically the MC at Collingwoods family day.  Not because he felt obliged but because he wanted to and has passion for the club.  Casey is no-where to be seen at tiger gigs.

While Casey may not have been the MC he was giving each player their guernsey when they came up. True he could have made a speech but he was there and he wasn't just standing on the sidelines doing nothing.

The Answer.....Bernie FINN for President?? ???

Joshnbeks Dad said:
Why didn't they resign before the election thus allowing the members to choose their replacements.

This is a great question, conspiracy theories abound don’t they?

Was it planned because Casey (or someone else) didn't want any of the other people who put their hand up for the last election to get a run. Notice that the replacements mentioned were all ex-players, Roach, Dunny, etc This way they (the 3 who have stood down) can be replaced without a members vote and maybe they thought that we were in the main too stupid to pick the right people for the job. Well instead of treating us like mushrooms  :mad: give us more information, we all have the right ???

I'm not a big fan of the bloke, but what about Steve Price (and Benny Gale of course) to be co-opted onto the board? He's media savvy, would take no nonsense and would be a strong contributor. And he's already done some media work with danny in his first couple of years.

rosy3 said:
Some of us have been told information we choose not to make public at this stage but if it's accurate I am all for action to be taken.  If it's not accurate there are no worries then.

Who are we to judge who has Richmond's interests at heart here?  It's very dangerous to assume and it's why answers need to be found.

No one would want a  split for the sake of it, just as we wouldn't want to accept non-action just for the sake of it if it's needed.

I don’t have the info. you have Rosy, so I can’t comment and as I’m not on the inside, I don’t really know who is looking after themselves and who is looking after RFC.

The thing is, if there were to be some sort of action take place and let’s assume that a new broom comes in, how and why will it be any better?

It seems to me that as long as everyone agrees then everyone is fine.  But that’s not how things work in reality and it seems to me that all we will be doing is removing one bunch of “yes” men and replacing them with another group of them.

And just because they’re Richmond people won’t ensure that success will follow.

There has to be another way of resolving this, if indeed there is anything to resolve, without throwing the baby out with the bath water or needing to re-invent the wheel.