NFL & NCAA Football Threads | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

NFL & NCAA Football Threads

Mopsy

"I can feel Tigermania flowing through my veins"
Jan 9, 2005
Brisbane
Drop it. Bit unfair on the losers....like me.

There’s nothing stopping you going on a mini tear TF, grabbing a couple of bonus points and getting right amongst the action!

I like the bonus points purely because it gives you a chance to make ground even if you’ve fallen a bit behind.

Reactions: 3 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
There’s nothing stopping you going on a mini tear TF, grabbing a couple of bonus points and getting right amongst the action!

I like the bonus points purely because it gives you a chance to make ground even if you’ve fallen a bit behind.
OK, maybe change the bonus point to whoever calls the closest margin in a game?

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Bonus points will be awarded after tomorrows game regardless of result.

As an aside there seems to be a fair bit of angst around this style of comp (line betting)

This comp was set up with little thought right on the eve of the season, but I wanted to make it different from Red’s Drofbardi Trophy post season comp.

I just thought line betting would be more interesting than, using today’s game, everyone selecting the Chiefs to win paying $1.09.

Any suggestions to improve it most welcome!
The only angst from me is at myself for continually getting it wrong!! Nothing wrong with the format Mops; only the tipster ha ha haaaarrgghh. It’s definitely better than head to head I think. I’m just amazed at how many games finish within a point of the line; and also that I have somehow ended up on the wrong side of all of them.

Carry on!

Reactions: 2 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
I like it too, 5 games would make it heaps harder to get a bonus point though. We struggle with 3 games :ROFLMAO:

drop the bonus point perhaps or with 5 games get 2 bonus points?
I have a suggestion for a new rule. Ridley gets a bonus point for getting one right!

All in favour say I.

I

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Having my regular weekly Monday Night Football splurge today. If the Colts are $1.67 H2H then they can cover 2.5 @ $1.85.

Don’t stuff this up Dolts !!

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
Bonus points will be awarded after tomorrows game regardless of result.

As an aside there seems to be a fair bit of angst around this style of comp (line betting)

This comp was set up with little thought right on the eve of the season, but I wanted to make it different from Red’s Drofbardi Trophy post season comp.

I just thought line betting would be more interesting than, using today’s game, everyone selecting the Chiefs to win paying $1.09.

Any suggestions to improve it most welcome!

Good idea Mopsy - my suggestion is that you let whoever is in last place do their selections at halftime of the games?

FWIW I think line tipping is more interesting. Particularly towards the end of the year when teams are starting to tank for picks it becomes a more interesting way to go.

Reactions: 1 user

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
Having my regular weekly Monday Night Football splurge today. If the Colts are $1.67 H2H then they can cover 2.5 @ $1.85.

Don’t stuff this up Dolts !!

Oh dear Rednuts. Looks like frozen pizzas and 0.0% beers for you this week.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
No wonder the crowd is booing. Ffs. 70 yards of offense. Dropped passes. Blocked FG attempts. Unreal.

Sack Saturday !

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
I'm going against my team here, but.....it's expected they're in 'rebuilding' phase.

Will this 1 point Colts be the final margin?

Mopsy

"I can feel Tigermania flowing through my veins"
Jan 9, 2005
Brisbane
If the Colts score a touchdown on this drive will they go for the 2pt conversion ???

< NRL | Golf >