NFL & NCAA Football Threads | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

NFL & NCAA Football Threads

Yeh, I agree, if they kept punding the Chiefs run d it may have cracked. Deebo needed to have a bigger game, even usig him a bit on some screens. Perhaps his injury stopped that.

They didn't have much luck with injuries.
Yeah they didn’t have much luck today but there were bigger factors just the same. Greenlaw going out was huge. Upset the defensive balance and that affected how they managed Kelce I reckon.

Still, the Chiefs were great too. Especially their defence as well. And Mahomes of course was Mahomes when it counted. They’re an awesome team.

enjoyed the game

49ers had a couple of dodgy moments and the Chiefs took advantage

One thing is it's a hell of a lot more sophisticated than most realise. The stop/start nature of the game lends itself to greater planning and straegical influence IMO.

I once used to think the games were too slow but I don't find that much at all when watching now. Especially when watching two very good teams go at it.

There are some great athletes out there.

It's my favourite game outside of the AFL.

Reactions: 3 users
2024 Drofbardi Champion - MD Jazz !!!!

Tigerfawcett. What happened ? You were looking good until today. Slips from 6th to 12th in the Super Bowl. Geepers. Proof again that the Drofbardi goes right down to the final Super Bowl round. Try again next year Fawcett.

View attachment 21798
Blame O/T and the 9ers defence asleep at the last seconds. Mahomes used that trick pass in Ravens game!! How do you go from 1st to last in 3 weeks! Cursed or what. That 3rd quarter eff up opened the door to the Chiefs.

Last edited:
One thing is it's a hell of a lot more sophisticated than most realise. The stop/start nature of the game lends itself to greater planning and straegical influence IMO.

I once used to think the games were too slow but I don't find that much at all when watching now. Especially when watching two very good teams go at it.

Same.

I can see why some people think that it's a nonsense sport and are frustrated at the stop/start style of gameplay, but they're ignorant about the strategy involved. Once you have an understanding of that, it's like a human version of chess.

I love it.

Reactions: 1 users

Yep.

Same.

I can see why some people think that it's a nonsense sport and are frustrated at the stop/start style of gameplay, but they're ignorant about the strategy involved. Once you have an understanding of that, it's like a human version of chess.

I love it.
Yep.

Same as soccer and Test cricket.

Agree.

Same.

I love it.
Also agree Tompers.

Yep.

Same as soccer and Test cricket.

I dont doubt for a minute the nuance takes understanding and with understanding comes appreciation of great beauty,

But ive never sat through an hour of ads for every 10 minutes of play in soccer and test cricket.

I enjoyed the game today - my first full game,

But i simply cant stomach that many ads?

I assume if you love the game you watch on pay TV and get analysis while im getting ads?

I liked how invested Taylor Swift was - like ash barty at a tigers match.

And i appreciated the genius of Mahome

That was a great game today impo. Extraordinary tense. Close all game. Overtime. Defences were amazingly good on both sides.

Then you have Mahomes showing you why he’s so good, and when it counts.

The bs, one off half time break aside (which was rubbish and goes too long) it was a great game. Both sides played real well but the Chiefs were just that bit better ultimately.

Bummed but proud of the effort by the Niner players.

I dont doubt for a minute the nuance takes understanding and with understanding comes appreciation of great beauty,

But ive never sat through an hour of ads for every 10 minutes of play in soccer and test cricket.

I enjoyed the game today - my first full game,

But i simply cant stomach that many ads?

I assume if you love the game you watch on pay TV and get analysis while im getting ads?

I liked how invested Taylor Swift was - like ash barty at a tigers match.

And i appreciated the genius of Mahome
Agree with the ads on live games. If I don't have the time to watch live, I usually record them or watch the well edited replays.

Agree with the ads on live games. If I don't have the time to watch live, I usually record them or watch the well edited replays.
I watch every game, every week, using the short game option (about 10 mins) on NFL Live. Brilliant.

Reactions: 2 users
Ball's in the air, McCloud sticks his arms out probably telling #28 to catch the ball. Indecision by both. Stand your ground and catch it.

View attachment 21797
Just coming back to this, McCloud can’t catch it because the team mate (Luter) in front of him is blocking for him and running backwards into him. Hence why he didn’t/couldn’t make an attempt.

He called Luter off, but Luter said he didn’t hear him and that ultimately, it was really all on him (Luter).

If you wanted to blame anyone, it’d be Luter. But still, it was just bad luck it bounced off the back of Luter’s heel.

Just coming back to this, McCloud can’t catch it because the team mate (Luter) in front of him is blocking for him and running backwards into him. Hence why he didn’t/couldn’t make an attempt.

He called Luter off, but Luter said he didn’t hear him and that ultimately, it was really all on him (Luter).

If you wanted to blame anyone, it’d be Luter. But still, it was just bad luck it bounced off the back of Luter’s heel.
Turning point of the game.

The other great thing about the NFL is there is a spot for anyone regardless of size. Big or small. Slow or fast. You could be a kicker. You have crazy athletic QBs and then you have Brady.

Its brilliant.

Reactions: 1 user
The other great thing about the NFL is there is a spot for anyone regardless of size. Big or small. Slow or fast. You could be a kicker. You have crazy athletic QBs and then you have Brady.

Its brilliant.
and no interchange bench or sub rubbish. Many players can play in one game.

Reactions: 1 user