NFL & NCAA Football Threads | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

NFL & NCAA Football Threads

How come they never thank God when they lose ? He/she is doing their best, so when they lose, they should still show some gratitude shouldn't they ?

God is a massive downhill skier.

Always jumps on the winning team

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
Defence was awesome today but just couldnt stop Mahomes on that last possession. It was inevitable. All those small dump offs. One after another.

I want the media to grill Shanahan. He gagged in another SB. Had the Chiefs all fckd up running the ball in the 1st quarter, went pass crazy that stalled everything, then went back to CMC towards the end and got results with it, but it was too late. Should have built a bigger lead in the first half running it.
Yeh, they were pounding them on the ground. But Purdy was pretty accurate without taking big risks.

Well, for 2 quarters they didn't use him, so its hard to produce when they aren't using you Tompers !
Chiefs stifled the run Redfoot. CMC had 80yds on 22 carries at 3.6 per carry, and a long of 11 yards. And he was also their leading pass catcher with 8 for 80 yards. Not sure how much more you can use him.

Next best was Jennings with 4 for 42.

Way, way too reliant on CMC.

And not sold on Purdy either. 1 TD and several incomplete passes in the second half when the pressure was on. Has the most loaded offense in the league. Meh.

Know nothing about the game,

Didnt look at the odds or form.

Had no context whatsoever.

And I felt Kansas were gonna win the entire match.

They just seemed better and more in control of big moments.

Plus like Mahomes pointed out, The Lord was enabling them.

Its a big advantage

2024 Drofbardi Champion - MD Jazz !!!!

Congratulations to Miles on winning the 2024 Drofbardi Trophy and gaining access to the hallowed PRE NFL Champions Board along with Moops, myself and Ricemagic (note there is still no Nobet Pays or Pidley...hah hah hah.)

Miles came home with a fantastic 6 from 7 selection in the critical Super Bowl round and made a stunning jump from 4th to 1st. Outstanding stuff. Well done Miles. Blew the field away actually....

2nd place was Pidley who, as expected, choked his guts out. Even with the benefit of overtime to aid with his insane 100% 'overs' selections, he still couldn't get it done. What a massive choke.

3rd place was Chimpa Mycotchinrules. Pretty steady from the second round onwards was Chimpa. Well done Chimpa.

4th was JoMamma who, like Miles had a big final round getting 5 from 7, including the important winner, and going from 8th to 4th. Well done Smokin Jo.

Tigerfawcett. What happened ? You were looking good until today. Slips from 6th to 12th in the Super Bowl. Geepers. Proof again that the Drofbardi goes right down to the final Super Bowl round. Try again next year Fawcett.

Well, that concludes the 2024 Drofbardi Trophy. Well done to all. Thanks for competing. On to the golf majors in April now.

Congrats again Miles. Enjoy your trophy.

1707713649542.png

1707713581378.png

Reactions: 6 users
Thanks Red. Thanks Rids for your crazy tips. And thanks to Mahomes/Kelce. Big 2nd half from the champs. Dusty/Lynch 2020 like.

Reactions: 1 user
2nd place was Pidley who, as expected, choked his guts out. Even with the benefit of overtime to aid with his insane 100% 'overs' selections, he still couldn't get it done. What a massive choke.
Mmmmmm. Pretty sure OT only gave me one additional win in the Overs; Purdy. Also pretty sure that OT gave you the same selection!!! Yes it was an unfortunate choke; but not as big as the Niners!! Imagine losing a SB with a fluffed conversion!!! Devastating.

Anyway, 2nd is better than 8th!

Chiefs stifled the run Redfoot. CMC had 80yds on 22 carries at 3.6 per carry, and a long of 11 yards. And he was also their leading pass catcher with 8 for 80 yards. Not sure how much more you can use him.

Next best was Jennings with 4 for 42.

Way, way too reliant on CMC.

And not sold on Purdy either. 1 TD and several incomplete passes in the second half when the pressure was on. Has the most loaded offense in the league. Meh.
I think he had 10 of those run carries in the first half, which was when the Niners were dominating play.

Average yards per carry isn't the story as much as its also keeping the Chiefs off the field and keeping Mahomes minutes down.

CMC, Mitchell, I don't care. As Tony Romo said during the 3rd quarter, they went away from their key offensive threat and started using the pass against a team that has the 5th best passing defense in the NFL and had been on fire during the playoffs.

Thanks Red. Thanks Rids for your crazy tips. And thanks to Mahomes/Kelce. Big 2nd half from the champs. Dusty/Lynch 2020 like.
You're welcome Jazzy. Congrats.

As long as I beat Dreadford in his own comp that is all that matters :mhihi. Onwards and upwards; the annual trajectory is promising in both comps :))

Roll on 2024/5. Season of the Bills and Team Rids!!

61-46 Dreadford. You're not even in the same postcode!!

That's 2-0 in our head-head Drofbardi battle. Well done on organising. It's a fun comp; I look forward to winning in next year :))

Mmmmmm. Pretty sure OT only gave me one additional win in the Overs; Purdy. Also pretty sure that OT gave you the same selection!!! Yes it was an unfortunate choke; but not as big as the Niners!! Imagine losing a SB with a fluffed conversion!!! Devastating.

Anyway, 2nd is better than 8th!
What are you talking about Chimpley ? The longer the game goes, the better chance of being an over. And you selected all overs.

You are a big blank on the Honour Board. Still.

What are you talking about Chimpley ? The longer the game goes, the better chance of being an over. And you selected all overs.

You are a big blank on the Honour Board. Still.
I knew it was going to OT Chump. I cleaned up with the books. I was actually banking on double OT but Mahomes stuffed it up :mhihi

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
CMC had 160 all purpose yards. Don't reckon they went to him enough.
22 carries and 8 catches.

Give him more and you start getting predicable. 3.6 yds per carry on 22 attempts? That's an average run game from CMC and tells me that Chiefs were onto him.

Hence my 'too much reliance' statement.

I think he had 10 of those run carries in the first half, which was when the Niners were dominating play.

Average yards per carry isn't the story as much as its also keeping the Chiefs off the field and keeping Mahomes minutes down.

CMC, Mitchell, I don't care. As Tony Romo said during the 3rd quarter, they went away from their key offensive threat and started using the pass against a team that has the 5th best passing defense in the NFL and had been on fire during the playoffs.
Yeh, I agree, if they kept punding the Chiefs run d it may have cracked. Deebo needed to have a bigger game, even usig him a bit on some screens. Perhaps his injury stopped that.

They didn't have much luck with injuries.

22 carries and 8 catches.

Give him more and you start getting predicable. 3.6 yds per carry on 22 attempts? That's an average run game from CMC and tells me that Chiefs were onto him.

Hence my 'too much reliance' statement.
Going to Kelce in the 2nd half was predictable - could the 9ers stop it?

You lean on your best players at critical times. Reckon they could have used him more. The screens were working, he always looks dangerous when given room.

I agree with Red, their play calling wasn't great. Like the call on that ridiculous flick to McCaffrey on a 2nd and long in OT - dumb. They were lucky they got that holding call on 3rd down (it was their) to eventually get to FG range.

There wasn't much between them, Mahomes brilliance and some questionable calling by Shanahan was probably the difference.

Thanks for organising again.

Well although I thought I tipped the chiefs I wrote down the 49ers. Glad didn’t cost me - like a fumble at the 1.

Well done MD on winning the Drofbardi. Outstanding stuff!

And of course thanks to Red on running a good fun comp. Kudos sir!