NFL & NCAA Football Threads | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

NFL & NCAA Football Threads

Big game tomorrow morning , the not so mighty Giants againts the Bears , winner gets pick 6 instead of 5 , oh that’s right we have both picks .

No doubt we’ve copied the NFL draft / trade system , though they don’t seem to rate picks as higher as players

Reactions: 1 user
What's your thoughts on the Niners season so far? Play-offs? Can we go deep? Shanahan? Garrop? :unsure:
They’re not that good. First round playoff exit level - at best.

Garropoofus is a limited quarterback. The secondary gives up big big plays. Having to pass to Deebo all the time tells you the receivers are average too.

Some great individuals - Kittle, Samuel, Bosa, Williams - but there’s a lot of gaps otherwise.

Could be worse. We could follow the Gi’aints.

Rose Bowl highlighting again, that the defensive element of college football isn’t really all that great.

Last edited:
Great game between Kentucky and Iowa, whereas Notre Dame fell asleep at half-time and 'gifted' the ball to the Cowboys when they were 28-7 ahead.

Terrible.

Even better watching the F*ckeyes losing to Utah.

• Sad
Big game tomorrow morning , the not so mighty Giants againts the Bears , winner gets pick 6 instead of 5 , oh that’s right we have both picks .

No doubt we’ve copied the NFL draft / trade system , though they don’t seem to rate picks as higher as players
Correct, they look more at the players and will do anything to get them, the draft pick is only an asset to use to get that player they want. But we have rules in place for a club to potentially 'blow' all their future draft picks. You can only trade this years and next years draft picks in the AFL system. NFL you can go up to four years in draft picks from the time the draft begins - e.g. trade your 2022, 2023, 2024 & 2025 picks for lets say pick one if you wanted too.

Great game between Kentucky and Iowa, whereas Notre Dame fell asleep at half-time and 'gifted' the ball to the Cowboys when they were 28-7 ahead.

Terrible.

Even better watching the F*ckeyes losing to Utah.
Yes wasn't great viewing, the record is starting to stack up badddd :rolleyes: Could see it coming before half-time, coach went defensive and lost the plot, kind of like Kyle Shanahan a couple of times. Can't fully blame him tough, first game as head coach shouldn't be a bowl game. More on Kelly jumping ship before this game was played.

And also don't know where I sit yet on players 'opting out' of playing to protect their NFL future. Notre Dame had 2 opt out, a Safety and a Running Back with 1,000+ yards, 13 touchdowns, that's tough to lose with just one game to play. Penn State had 4 opt out, OSU have 4 - 28 opted out in total last that I saw :(

1641086966855.png

And also don't know where I sit yet on players 'opting out' of playing to protect their NFL future. Notre Dame had 2 opt out, a Safety and a Running Back with 1,000+ yards, 13 touchdowns, that's tough to lose with just one game to play. Penn State had 4 opt out, OSU have 4 - 28 opted out in total last that I saw :(
Memories of the later SOO days here.

• Sad
Memories of the later SOO days here.
Yep, it was over once West Coast then the Crows entered the league, players didn't stopped playing, crowds dropped and people lost interest. We were seeing the best of the best play each other weekly in one league that tied them all together, the AFL, not the separate state leagues they played in previously. The Andy Collins tackle injuring Tony Hall in the 1989 game helped finished SOO as well.

"Essendon champion Matthew Lloyd remembers sitting in the old MCG rooms in May 1999 as the names of those picked in that year's Victorian squad were called out.

As soon as each name was yelled the player concerned had to indicate whether he was willing and available to play in the match against South Australia in six days’ time. Lloyd, then 21, did not hesitate to declare himself available BUT ABOUT A DOZEN of his potential teammates took the escape route back to their clubs, carrying either an injury or a distinct lack of interest."

This dude really needs mental help. Never realised he was this bad during the Steelers tenure.

Heh heh heh. Another example of the individual being greater than the team collective in the NFL and sports in general in the USA. Gold.

Niners somewhat unimpressive today. Defense was real good but Trey Lance has a looong way to go. Stats don’t really show the wobbly passes and near intercepts.

Heh heh heh. Another example of the individual being greater than the team collective in the NFL and sports in general in the USA. Gold.

Niners somewhat unimpressive today. Defense was real good but Trey Lance has a looong way to go.
Just shocked as a Steelers supporter to see this. He had his antics on field but never knew he was this loose in the head.

Yeah, reasonable game. Even with a loss to the Rams next week, 49ers should make it to the playoffs as a wildcard.

Geez punting on the NFL is a tough gig.

Placed a multi bet earlier in the week, final leg being Packers v Vikings over 47.5

Cousins comes out due to Covid, line drops to 42.5. Spewing, but that’s the risk of betting early.

Packers score a td with around 8:30 left in 4th, convert total goes to 47, 2pt conversion total goes to 48.

on the verge of play-offs, with result already determined, why not practice your 2 point conversions? Anyway Packers take the 1 pt conversion and move on.

Still plenty of time on the clock for both teams (either teams} to at least kick a field goal.

What do both teams do next? Bring out the 2nd string QB’s, and despite both teams getting to within field goal range they proceed to go for glory plays instead of taking the points.

Final score 37-10

Talking through my hip pocket I know, but geez it’s frustrating. But I will be back next week, punting hard and hoping something goes my way this time

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 1 users
Geez punting on the NFL is a tough gig.

Placed a multi bet earlier in the week, final leg being Packers v Vikings over 47.5

Cousins comes out due to Covid, line drops to 42.5. Spewing, but that’s the risk of betting early.

Packers score a td with around 8:30 left in 4th, convert total goes to 47, 2pt conversion total goes to 48.

on the verge of play-offs, with result already determined, why not practice your 2 point conversions? Anyway Packers take the 1 pt conversion and move on.

Still plenty of time on the clock for both teams (either teams} to at least kick a field goal.

What do both teams do next? Bring out the 2nd string QB’s, and despite both teams getting to within field goal range they proceed to go for glory plays instead of taking the points.

Talking through my hip pocket I know, but geez it’s frustrating. But I will be back next week, punting hard and hoping something goes my way this time
Ohhh.....THAT punting! :mhihi

Geez what a killer Mopsy. Blame the Vikings for been sh!t. If it was a closer game the Cheeseheads would've definitely tried the 2 pointer.

Ohhh.....THAT punting! :mhihi

Geez what a killer Mopsy. Blame the Vikings for been sh!t. If it was a closer game the Cheeseheads would've definitely tried the 2 pointer.
It is indeed punting TF

Love the NFL, it’s now my summer sport as opposed to cricket. Great way to pass the months til the Tigers start up again.

Have done pretty well this year punting on it too, with the exception of the freaking NY Jets. I fade them, they play huge and cover or win, so I avoid their games for a few weeks. Predictably they get smashed, so I bet against them and of course out of nowhere they play a blinder.

It is indeed punting TF

Love the NFL, it’s now my summer sport as opposed to cricket. Great way to pass the months til the Tigers start up again.

Have done pretty well this year punting on it too, with the exception of the freaking NY Jets. I fade them, they play huge and cover or win, so I avoid their games for a few weeks. Predictably they get smashed, so I bet against them and of course out of nowhere they play a blinder.
It's my summer sport too Mopsy, along with college football and basketball. I've given up punting as I just don't have the luck. Can't even win more than $20 in Tattersalls games. Bought a $10 scratchy last week for Christmas (first time in about 10 years) and still nothing.

Cricket has immense problems and has so for a long time. The NBA and NFL are going past it. Most of my friends follow either the NBA or NFL, or both, more than cricket now.

Cricket has immense problems and has so for a long time. The NBA and NFL are going past it. Most of my friends follow either the NBA or NFL, or both, more than cricket now.

Spot on Red

Cricket was, for lack of a better word, “organised” when the ACB and ECB were the custodians of the game.

Since India took the mantle through their massive broadcast rights the game has become a sport I struggle to engage with.

I have barely seen any of the Ashes this summer. Being an ex victorian I watched the highlights of Bolond ripping through the Poms in the 2nd innings In Melbourne. Not surprisingly, when the players huddled after a wicket, I found myself wondering who the hell 2 or 3 of the players actually were.