NFL & NCAA Football Threads | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

NFL & NCAA Football Threads

Very very rarely do they get even one of the two teams with a winning record, they get lots of Jaclsonville Jags, Jets, Dolphins, seen outstanding match-ups off Dolphins 1-4 v Jags 0-5. I believe one team, maybe the Giants around 2009 are the only team who have played their who finished with a winning record.

If we were to get that rubbish, that wouldn't really endear the sport to the fans.
We'd likely get West Coast teams if it ever happens, same as the East Coast teams is preferable for playing in England.

I defintely could do a 49ers - LA Rams, Seattle, Raiders, Chargers.

49ers - Raiders would do 90,000 at my 'church' (G), I reckon :love:
Update - to this, thought this was quite funny.

"Eli Manning went 8 of 22, for 59 yards passing, no touchdowns, no interceptions. Just spraying throws to Yorkshire, Cornwall and all the other parts of England where no Giants receivers were." :rotfl1

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
NFL didn't designate who to play there, so London got mostly tthe poor teams playing. Teams who knew they would finish poorly would sacrifice a home game (NFL does give them $1M for playing there) and still have 7 at home, fans get a discounted 7 game payment schedule if that happens.

From next year, now with the 17th game, meaning they can still play 8 home, 8 away and a London game, they're going to make rotate each division to play there. So e.g. they could see 49ers - Seattle, and the second London game would be Arizona - Rams.

Probably be more exciting knowing they're getting Divisional Match-Ups, at least they're rivalry games man :mhihi

Whilst it would be great, I just can’t see any divisional games being played internationally.

They are just too important, the difference between winning one of these games can be the difference between making play offs or not.

Plus I reckon the US fans would lose their minds at forfeiting home field advantage against a divisional rival.

Agree with what you said earlier too. Only west coast teams would be considered for sending down our way

Young bloke plays his first Gridiron game this Saturday for the mighty South East Predators ( yellow & Black) as a defensive linesman . His game isn’t streamed this week but they do stream games of the Vic league each week, which is pretty cool

• Love
Whilst it would be great, I just can’t see any divisional games being played internationally.

They are just too important, the difference between winning one of these games can be the difference between making play offs or not.

Plus I reckon the US fans would lose their minds at forfeiting home field advantage against a divisional rival.

Agree with what you said earlier too. Only west coast teams would be considered for sending down our way
Agree, divisional games surprised me but I found something further and makes it a bit more clearer, sorry :(

Reading from below, it looks like say the NFC West 4 teams host their '9th' game versus say an AFC West team and the next year 4 AFC South teams host the international game against 4 NFC South teams or they may again make the AFC West four play the NFC West as the away team, more to play out I guess.

"In voting to approve a 17-game regular season, which begins in 2021, NFL owners have also instigated a new scheduling formula for international contests.
Starting in 2022, there will be at least four games played internationally every season. Over the first eight years of that agreement, the league will select four clubs from the conference that would host nine regular season home games to be designated to play internationally. That will be the NFC in 2022, AFC in 2023 and so on. This means each NFL team will take a turn to host an international contest once every eight seasons.
The new rotational formula will see four of the 16 new AFC-NFC matchups moved overseas to venues in the United Kingdom, Mexico and potentially further afield with Germany reportedly being considered, according to Peter King, of NBC Sports. Canada has also been reported as a potential site for future international games.
Teams may still protect certain games on their schedule from being played internationally. And teams will not be required to play more than one international game in any season."

Really if there's 4 games - 8 teams playing internationally every year from 32 teams, is only losing one game and that could be either as the home team or away team every four years, that's not so bad is it?

Young bloke plays his first Gridiron game this Saturday for the mighty South East Predators ( yellow & Black) as a defensive linesman . His game isn’t streamed this week but they do stream games of the Vic league each week, which is pretty cool
Thanks for that Flowers, might have to get a polo and a helmet would be nice :love:

$45 for a polo, nice (y)

70a47f_00b873a9fa3e4689b0d494ee42ff869d~mv2.webp

70a47f_9da020c9bcef46fca567aea7bf0d23c6~mv2.jpg

Last edited:
Agree, divisional games surprised me but I found something further and makes it a bit more clearer, sorry :(

Reading from below, it looks like say the NFC West 4 teams host their '9th' game versus say an AFC West team and the next year 4 AFC South teams host the international game against 4 NFC South teams or they may again make the AFC West four play the NFC West as the away team, more to play out I guess.

"In voting to approve a 17-game regular season, which begins in 2021, NFL owners have also instigated a new scheduling formula for international contests.
Starting in 2022, there will be at least four games played internationally every season. Over the first eight years of that agreement, the league will select four clubs from the conference that would host nine regular season home games to be designated to play internationally. That will be the NFC in 2022, AFC in 2023 and so on. This means each NFL team will take a turn to host an international contest once every eight seasons.
The new rotational formula will see four of the 16 new AFC-NFC matchups moved overseas to venues in the United Kingdom, Mexico and potentially further afield with Germany reportedly being considered, according to Peter King, of NBC Sports. Canada has also been reported as a potential site for future international games.
Teams may still protect certain games on their schedule from being played internationally. And teams will not be required to play more than one international game in any season."

Really if there's 4 games - 8 teams playing internationally every year from 32 teams, is only losing one game and that could be either as the home team or away team every four years, that's not so bad is it?

Thanks for posting that Riceman, very interesting to read.

Will be interesting to see, moving forward, whether they stick with the traditional 3 games in London or break it up more and send teams all over the world.

Thanks for posting that Riceman, very interesting to read.

Will be interesting to see, moving forward, whether they stick with the traditional 3 games in London or break it up more and send teams all over the world.
They're going 2 games for London, 1 Mexico and they have 3 tender cities in Germany for the 4th game. They did have 5 NFL Europe teams in Germany for that now-defunct league.

Germany has become their 3rd biggest market, so looks like it'll always be where does most of the money come. Although I'd love to see what they'd do if a Middle-Eastern country threw big chunks of cash (and oil) down for them :unsure:

They're going 2 games for London, 1 Mexico and they have 3 tender cities in Germany for the 4th game. They did have 5 NFL Europe teams in Germany for that now-defunct league.

Germany has become their 3rd biggest market, so looks like it'll always be where does most of the money come. Although I'd love to see what they'd do if a Middle-Eastern country threw big chunks of cash (and oil) down for them :unsure:
Money talks, they would follow it for sure.

Thats what sport, all sports has become now

• Sad
What game do we want as the Focus Game this week ?
Rams - Bucs. Let's see if we can get different teams - last week, this week and next week before the Super Bowl. Which possibly means the AFC Championship next week?

Rams - Bucs. Let's see if we can get different teams - last week, this week and next week before the Super Bowl. Which possibly means the AFC Championship next week?
But what if Don’s Chiefs get knocked out ? We gotta help lift him in the rankings you know.

Anyway, I’ll let the two of you have a cage fight to sort it out. Let me know who wins. (My money is on Don with his moniker. Perhaps footy’s most brutal player ever.)

Ok. Any other submissions anyone ?

You’re gonna need to lift this week Don. The fans were disappointed with your week 1 effort.

Like a fine wine I mature over time.

Pretty confident of picking the card this week

Reactions: 1 users
But what if Don’s Chiefs get knocked out ? We gotta help lift him in the rankings you know.

Anyway, I’ll let the two of you have a cage fight to sort it out. Let me know who wins. (My money is on Don with his moniker. Perhaps footy’s most brutal player ever.)
Jerry got no chance.

Between my moniker and profile pic I’m an unstoppable force!

I am fine with whatever U choose. It's Don's Party after all :cool:

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Jerry got no chance.

Between my moniker and profile pic I’m an unstoppable force!
I don’t normally do this, but I’m accepting your own self promotion. Chiefs Bills it is.

We’ll do the NFC Championship next week ? Let’s see later.