NFL & NCAA Football Threads | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

NFL & NCAA Football Threads

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
So, it looks like: Bungals @ Titans and Bills @ Chiefs in the AFC Div round next week.
Three pretty exciting long-term future qb's to watch, not sold on Tannehill yet, but we'll find out soon enough where he's at.

Reactions: 1 user

Mopsy

"I can feel Tigermania flowing through my veins"
Jan 9, 2005
Brisbane
Three pretty exciting long-term future qb's to watch, not sold on Tannehill yet, but we'll find out soon enough where he's at.

Derrick Henry due back for the Titans too I think.

Would have to be under done match fitness wise but he could easily go full beast mode first up after a spell.

• Love

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
Cris Collinsworth is majority owner of that Pro Football Focus - the NFL and NCAA stats group you always keep hearing about. Think they're based around Cincy where he lives nearby.

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
Sunday, 22 January - 8.30am - Cincinnati at Tennessee
Sunday, 22 January - 12.15pm - 49ers at Green Bay
Monday, 23 January - 7.00am - LA Rams/Arizona at Tampa Bay
Monday, 23 January - 10.30am - Buffalo at Kansas City

Mopsy

Jan 9, 2005
Brisbane
Sunday, 22 January - 8.30am - Cincinnati at Tennessee
Sunday, 22 January - 12.15pm - 49ers at Green Bay
Monday, 23 January - 7.00am - LA Rams/Arizona at Tampa Bay
Monday, 23 January - 10.30am - Buffalo at Kansas City

Early, early thoughts.

Bengals can get the Titans, reckon it will be a low scoring game.

Pack are gettable, but Rodgers will exploit 49ers with a quick passing game.

Rams/cards will lose to TB

Bills v Chiefs will be a points scoring fest, reckon the Bills will get em.

Mopsy

Jan 9, 2005
Brisbane
Good luck Steelers fans out there (y)

Not sure there's any Chiefs fans around

Meant to comment at the time Rice, but there was games to watch.

This is a confession hard to make, as it goes against all my beliefs in supporting a team, no matter what the sport.

But first some history -

My grandfather went to the States in the early 80’s, upon his return he presented me with a red cap. It had nothing on it except for 49ers on the front.

I wore that cap for a few years not knowing a thing about it. What team, what sport, nothing.

Then I became aware, when what seemed out of nowhere to me at the time Superbowls began being shown on tv..

I soon realised this cap was for the San Francisco 49ers, they were pretty damn good and they just happened to have this bloke called Joe Montagna playing for them.

I was hooked. I started taking a massive interest in them and followed them for the next 30 years or so.

Then the unthinkable happened In 2015.

Not sure what the press was like down south, (I’m ex vic, now living in Brisbane) but when Jarrad Hayne joined the Niners it was dead set sickening up here.

All of a sudden every man and his dog had a 49ers shirt, hat, etc etc etc.

They all talked like they had been following the game for years, knew everything about it.

I couldn’t handle it, but more than anything else I couldn’t bear being looked at as a bandwagon follower jumping on the Hayne Train as they called it up here.

So reluctantly I went in search of a new team. Which goes against everything I believe in when it comes to supporting sporting teams.

My criteria was simple. Which team has Richmond characteristics?

I settled on the Kansas City Chiefs - a team devoid of success but a rabid fan base.

So yes I am a KC fan now, I think, but I will always be drawn to the 49ers.

Especially now that Hayne is gone and long forgotten.

• Wow

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Well, this is the game with the most divergence between participants for the Drofbardi Trophy, with a mix of Rams and Cards selections.

Might be a good game.

• Haha

Mopsy

Jan 9, 2005
Brisbane
Well, this is the game with the most divergence between participants for the Drofbardi Trophy, with a mix of Rams and Cards selections.

Might be a good game.

Toughest one to pick this was.

I can just see Stafford having several brain fades and costing the Rams victory.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
I soon realised this cap was for the San Francisco 49ers, they were pretty damn good and they just happened to have this bloke called Joe Montagna playing for them.
Let's not get mixed up with Leigh Joey Montagna and Joe Montana. :))

1642463377289.jpeg
images

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
:mhihi

Sacrilege on my behalf!

I may have been slightly under the weather with the one eye focus in full swing when typing that.

I also meant to include what a great wide receiver Jerry Ross was too! :D
I'm not changing my name to Rossmagic if that's true, too late for that now

#DustinMartyn :p

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
< NRL | Golf >