End Of Year Trade ? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

End Of Year Trade ?

jackstar

Tiger Matchwinner
Jul 5, 2003
Rumour is that Hulme and Beaumont STRAIGHT SWAP for Bowden and Rodan.. ;)
I think someone has already mentioned Hulme in an earlier topic, apparently its spot on.

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
deal off! no way we git rid of Rodan for and Bowdo for those 2!! The days of selling ourselves down the river have gone. We MUST be on the winning end of trades for a change!!

I find it hard to see Miller agreeing to the above.

But then again it is the RFC....

gustiger12

Its Tiger Time
Jan 22, 2003
www.thaigerpics.com
diggler said:
Fair swap, I would of thought!!! Two duds for two duds, win win!!!!

Couldn't agree more Diggler. What is this thing with Hulme. Hard at it sure, but lacks class that is needed. Just another angry little man.....thats all we need.

Something in the Flemming mould, heaps of grunt and courage, but lacking skill.

Sorry but forget this deal if we want to go forward.

Beaumont is not even worth commenting on. Would just be another example of recycling a hack.

Does anyone really think that if they were any good a coach like PAGAN would let them go.

If HULME is unhappy with PAGAN as has been suggested it is probably because he can't handle PAGAN discipline regime. Yep might fit in well at Tigerland.

nwonash

Tiger Champion
Aug 10, 2003
Melbourne
Only if Carlton would agree to take Rogers and King, then it would be a fair deal.

King - the only player to play VFL/AFL that can't kick, that's with either foot.

iLoVeNeWmAn

RFC - can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em
Apr 15, 2003
www.abcsports.com.au
Hulme - Dud

Aren't our duds enough??? Why recruit more???

Beaumont, as you said gus, not even worth commenting on.

I would trade Bowden for Thornton (to replace *smile*, he's young, free up big bucks in salary cap and will be a good FB)

but as for Rodan, I don't understand how and why some geese on here don't rate him???

Under good coaching, which ain't gonna happen next year obviously, this guy will be one of the best onballers going around.

We need to keep pacey, strong players who can run the lines like Rodan, not get rid of them...........

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
gustiger12 said:
diggler said:
Fair swap, I would of thought!!! Two duds for two duds, win win!!!!

Couldn't agree more Diggler.

A bit harsh calling Rodan a dud isn't it? Maybe people need MILLER to tell them Rodan is a young kid who's managed to play every game since he came to Richmond, despite his size which everyone was posting would be a handicap.

The kids done well, even if only for the fact that he excites the crowd. He has that rare ability to be able to lift the team.

I think he'll only get better, he's been chucked around a bit this year and it's a big ask to have a young kid switching from forward line to midfield to backman.

Onya Rodo, geez give him a chance before you label him a dud. There are plenty of others more worthy of the title than him. :mad:

jackstar

Tiger Matchwinner
Jul 5, 2003
This is a fact, both Beaumont and Hulme are highly rated by Britain.
The Tigers are after a tallish defender.
Britain has more say than people think.
He bought over the other two duds, pickering and fleming this year.
Fleming has disagraced our jumper for the past 18 weeks jumping into opposition players backs when there not looking and Pickering is good for 15 minutes of TV a week. ::)

Dan Warna

I drink therefore I yam said the alcoholic spud
Aug 8, 2003
crikey rodan is a exciting prospect, and just a kid.
hulme is an annoying little ferret, who couldn't kick over a jam tin and if not for umpiring favours would be permanently suspended.

beaumont is a good ordinary player, but over rated because anyone with any talent looks good in the blues guernsey these days.
I suspect bowden is a late developer and will get better.

as for livingstone, i think the blues won't trade him otherwise they'll look ever dumber than they are, he was an early draft pick that came to nothing.

a few more kids like rodan who want to play, and you lot will be firing soon.

I reckon 2 top 10 draft packs and one in the 20s if you get a priority pick, and some intelligent trading, and you'll be in the mix next year. (heck you were competitive until say the North game, when injuries overtook you)

i really hope that you don't do that trade, because the only ones who'll benifit are carlton.

in fact NO one should trade with carlton because they have more sh!t on their list than at a Young Liberals convention.

RFC not KFC

Tiger Superstar
May 2, 2003
Beck's that much of a twit apparentely he's offered Punt Road Oval for Princess Park as part of the deal.

Laff

September showers
Dec 19, 2002
Here here Diggler I remember when Roddan was first drafted you produced that word dud and you were lambasted. I said nothing at the time because normally you are spot on the money (A breathe of fresh air). Next year is crunch year for Roddan, IMO doesn't do enough even for a young player, and has show pony traits.....given a decent trade I wouldn't be to upset.....although I am tending towards that word Diggler..... dud

The Boss

Tiger Superstar
Apr 7, 2003
jackstar said:
Rumour is that Hulme and Beaumont STRAIGHT SWAP for Bowden and Rodan.. ;)
I think someone has already mentioned Hulme in an earlier topic, apparently its spot on.

WHAT A LOAD OF CRAP.
Bowden will only be traded if a suitable deal is in place (ie a First round draft pick or a suitable player from another club, of better quality then Beaumont or Hulme).
Rodan will not be traded. Expect him to be one of our marketed players next season (together with Cogs).

As for the Hulme to Richmond rumour, well that may happen but for a swap for a player of similar quality eg Hilton / Pettifer. My preference would be to go for Heath Scotland from Collingwood as a trade for one of these players/lower draft pick. Struggling to get a game in the strong Pies midfield (he's back in tonight), gets plenty of the ball, has good pace and skills. Tried to get him last year but unsuccessful. Pies will trade him this year though.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Yeah, agree with most comments about this trade.

Both Beuamont and Hulme are ordinary at best, although I despise Bowden that much that I could maybe live with a trade of Bowden for Beaumont. But as for Rodan for either of those two - no way.

What is Brittain doing ? Flemming and Pickering. Duds of enormous magnitude. 5 minutes of watching those two guys and you could tell that's the case.

Brittain is obviously someone who is just compounding our already disgraceful recruiting and list management skills.

Bulluss

Go the Mighty Tigers
Aug 11, 2003
Melbourne
Can agree with the Bowden tag, but as for Rodan you have to be kidding yourself. He has shown at various times that when he does get a chance further up the ground that he can match it with the other and has the ability to turn a game on its head!!!

As for trade prospects, i think we should be looking at players like Heath Scotland and even Rupert Betheras who seem to be out of favour at the pies. There are many more players like this around for us to swoop on.

The Boss

Tiger Superstar
Apr 7, 2003
Bulluss - the only problem I have with Rodan is that he doesn't get enough of the footy (usually gets about 10-12 possesions per game). He is only 19 and will be a good player for us. It's intersting that he has not missed a game since being drafted, not many young draftees can claim that. He won't be traded.

Forget Betheras - at 27+ he's best footy is past him, Scotland is a better option and also a midfielder which you can never have enough of.