Nick Vlastuin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Nick Vlastuin

Re: A positive - Vlastuin?

mad_doggy911 said:
This. Hopefully Dimma points this out to some of the senior players. Both teenagers yet led the way.

Vlas is certainly a leader out there and has not looked out of place in all games thus far. I can't believe he went that late in last years draft. :)

Be grateful for the injury that hampered his U18 championships and forced him onto a half-back flank. That was obviously enough to take him off the radars of GWS, Melbourne and the Bulldogs. Early days, but Wines and Vlastuin already look like the pick of the bunch that have played senior footy.

TOT70 said:
Be grateful for the injury that hampered his U18 championships and forced him onto a half-back flank. That was obviously enough to take him off the radars of GWS, Melbourne and the Bulldogs. Early days, but Wines and Vlastuin already look like the pick of the bunch that have played senior footy.

If that's the case then I thank the gods from up above. So far an absolute steal!

People were saying Wines will be a better player then Vlastuin. What a joke. Early days but from what I've seen Vlastuin will be a much better player. Quicker, more agile, much better kick, overhead and decision making. Wines is a big bodied inside mid and Vlastuin certainly has more strings to his bow.

TOT70 said:

Good point on the ankle, one thing that has surprised me has been the agility, something which wasn't really on display at u/18's level.

So far the top ten look to be a very strong crop. Apart from Wines and Vlastuin, Macrae, Stringer, Mayes and Whitfield have shown plenty. Then there's the later picks in Lonergan, Thurlow and Kennedy who clearly belong at the highest level. Make no mistake, this will prove to be a very strong draft with very few busts in the first round.

mad_doggy911 said:
If that's the case then I thank the gods from up above. So far an absolute steal!

Plus Gautama Siddharta, the Lord Buddha. Floss may be the answer to end all our suffering.

This kid plays the game the way it should be played. Hard as nails with skill and good decision making. Can't believe he's wearing yellow and black.

This kind of kids are normally wearing the blue and white hoops

Brodders17 said:
both vanilla according to some.
Sometimes everyone gets all excited about the fancy colourfull exciting new flavours n forget that you'll never be disappointed by top quality creamy smooth vanilla, n vanilla always mix n matches perfectly with almost everything.

bullus_hit said:
Good point on the ankle, one thing that has surprised me has been the agility, something which wasn't really on display at u/18's level.

So far the top ten look to be a very strong crop. Apart from Wines and Vlastuin, Macrae, Stringer, Mayes and Whitfield have shown plenty. Then there's the later picks in Lonergan, Thurlow and Kennedy who clearly belong at the highest level. Make no mistake, this will prove to be a very strong draft with very few busts in the first round.

IIRC didn't Rendell say last year when he was sacked that the 2012 draft was going to be a ripper?

Zipstar01 said:
This kids a gun !!! Lets find more of them !!

Just keep drafting under Dimma's specs and we will have a very tough outfit before long. No passengers allowed on this train.

DirtyDogTiger said:
Jackson said it was rich at the top but it wasn't all that deep

This often seems to be the assessment but time after time, quality can be found anywhere in the pool. Already there's been a host of state league players who have slotted in at the get go, a guy like Rory Atkins slipped down to pick 80 odd, Nick Graham was available in the 50's, and if one subscribes to the McBean hype, a quality tall was left waiting at pick 33. I'm sure that in 4 years, the overall quality of the draft will be acknowledged as good, if not better than most years.

I didnt want Ra Ra Vlastuin. Said he was too safe. get some X I said. Gee, Im smart. ::)

Biggy said:
People were saying Wines will be a better player then Vlastuin. What a joke. Early days but from what I've seen Vlastuin will be a much better player. Quicker, more agile, much better kick, overhead and decision making. Wines is a big bodied inside mid and Vlastuin certainly has more strings to his bow.

early days but reckon you could be right. Vlastuin kicking could well be elite, whereas Wines kicking could be his weakness.

Harry said:
early days but reckon you could be right. Vlastuin kicking could well be elite, whereas Wines kicking could be his weakness.

how was that give, run, get, left foot onto Dusty's? tit ? weve got an instant quality 250 gamer here. inspired recruiting.

Biggy said:

1 on 1 right now I'd back Vlossy to beat Wines and I rate Wines!

Harry said:

Flossy has a lot more scope physically as well.

Harry said:

That's like saying Selwood is a chump because he doesn't have a lot of penetration, or Dangerfield is average because his kicks don't rotate properly. Without being dismissive of Flossy's game, this was his fourth game against a side who has been compared to the worst in history. I wouldn't be making sweeping statements as to who is better at this early stage.

DirtyDogTiger said:
His pace is freakish- he caught a guy with a 30 metre headstart

Was that speed or desire? I’m sure Davey is faster on a running track than Tigga, but in a game he burnt him off through effort.