Nick Vlastuin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Nick Vlastuin

Re: A positive - Vlastuin?

year of the tiger said:
Put him on Heppel next week and watch him carve him up

The Seagull versus The Wrecking Ball, bring it on I say.

Obviously we saw something in him other recruiters didn't. You wouldn't think he was half a dozen picks after Toumpas !!!

zippadeee said:
Where are the blokes that wanted that meat head that went to collingwood??

:hihi

No one will own up with a display like that one. Great work young man.

GEDS1 said:
Obviously we saw something in him other recruiters didn't. You wouldn't think he was half a dozen picks after Toumpas !!!

Still early days but he looks like an astute selection. I think the top ten will be very strong, all the players bar Toumpas have shown some serious ability.In the end it will come down to picking a player based on positional need.

tigers80 said:
That run down the wing was outstanding, showed up some of the older players today...
Football smarts already something you can't teach...
Yes!!

There were several great plays. I loved the one (kicking to city end) we had two options who had burst just fwd of their man. The closer one was the easier kick to get clear on the wing. The second was further afield, slightly harder kick, but absolutely the right option - he kicked with with a bit of extra weight so our player had to run onto it and received just shy if the 50m arc coming in from the MMC members wing. Glorious kick, but even better, glorious quick decision.

On a winner with this guy

Watched live and listened to MMM today, they were raving about the boy, he was running at 100% disposal efficiency for much of the game and his season average has him about 15 % above the AFL average! What a great pick this kid was, my new favorite player.

Will he get the 17 next year? There will be a lot of tiger kids out there after his new number :)

That play down the wing was outstanding. Both kicks were spot on and both were left foot kicks. That was the highlight for me, he's very strong on the non preferred.

gee he was just awesome today...boy have we got a bloody gun here or what..absoltley loved his game....geee iwz..him and ellis have joined cotch,lids and dusty as really great players

Great game by Floss, hard as nails, tough boy but his skills match his aggression and is very good overhead too...
Gonna be a super player along with Ellis....

bullus_hit said:
Still early days but he looks like an astute selection. I think the top ten will be very strong, all the players bar Toumpas have shown some serious ability.In the end it will come down to picking a player based on positional need.

He does. Looks so calm, so under control. Really does not get rushed and hits targets. Again, he is what a first round pick should be. Smart, clean and wins his own ball.

That big bonce contains a big football brain.

Strong, good decision maker and a good user...that combination has been rare as rocking horse *smile* at Richmond over the years.

So hard yet has the composure to weight his kicks on either foot so well.

Will play the rest of the year,

vinpaul said:
That play down the wing was outstanding. Both kicks were spot on and both were left foot kicks. That was the highlight for me, he's very strong on the non preferred.

That was a magnificent bit of play.
What really struck me today re Vlas and Ellis was their willingness to run and run and run some more to pick up a possession. It stood out like a dog's proverbial next to some of their more stagnant senior team mates.

vinpaul said:

Absolutely.

In a game that never threatened to get out of second gear, that was the bona fide highlight. Some of his work today was truly outstanding, this guy will stand next to Cotchin, Deledio and Martin as an equal.

Tigers of Old said:
That was a magnificent bit of play.
What really struck me today re Vlas and Ellis was their willingness to run and run and run some more to pick up a possession. It stood out like a dog's proverbial next to some of their more stagnant senior team mates.

This. Hopefully Dimma points this out to some of the senior players. Both teenagers yet led the way.

Vlas is certainly a leader out there and has not looked out of place in all games thus far. I can't believe he went that late in last years draft. :)