Nick Vlastuin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Nick Vlastuin

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
No coincidence that grimes gets death threats, lynch gets booed and a can of drink thrown at him and vlastuins house set on fire after our friends in the media had aggressively targeted them during the year. The club and the AFLPA need to seriously take action here against the afl and media.

But the big issue is really Richmond's unsociable playing style.

Media once again silent on the real issues (CRIMINAL issues).

Reactions: 2 users

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
But the big issue is really Richmond's unsociable playing style.

Media once again silent on the real issues (CRIMINAL issues).
I watched the 2019 redemption video, and I wonder whether the tigers playing in the MCG cauldron with 80,000 cheering fans is part of the entertainment of the tigers. Lose that spectacle, and the tigers in-your-face playing style comes more into focus.

Can't wait for big games at the MCG again next year (hopefully) - we will be again at our feral best!

• Love

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
and the tigers in-your-face playing style comes more into focus.
Been following footy for well over 50 years n there is one factor that you can always guarantee in the game. The dominant teams of any time and era are always " in your face ". It simply goes with the territory. Hawforn, Geelol, Brisvegas, Essendrugs, #lolnorf, Colonwood, Carlscum, Wet Coke, Sydaknee, Tigers. Generation after generation the dominant team or two of any era have that unsociable in your face strut n swagger that puts opposition teams on the back foot n raises the hackles of supporters.
The pretenders n up n comers often try to bring it up to the big boys but can barely maintain it for more than the occasional game or two. Brisvegas n Pordadalayde against us this finals series being prime examples.

Reactions: 4 users

achillesjones

"just kick it to Royce"
Apr 19, 2004
No coincidence that grimes gets death threats, lynch gets booed and a can of drink thrown at him and vlastuins house set on fire after our friends in the media had aggressively targeted them during the year. The club and the AFLPA need to seriously take action here against the afl and media.

I would be very disappointed if the club do not follow up on these incidents with the AFL. Not now, because we have bigger fish to fry, but the media have lost their way with personal attacks and the habit of blowing up incidents way out of proportion. It has become a sport among"journalists" and footy "celebrities" to outdo each other with clickbait sensationalism.

Then, you get a small proportion of people who have no brains and decide to become stupid vigilantes.

Solution: Introduce protocols to stop the rot and suspend/ fine the "journalists" and "celebrities" who break the established code.

Reactions: 1 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I assume the media are all over this and calling out the disgusting behaviour by Geelong fans (yeah, I know, no proof, but that never stops the media having a go at our club, our team and our fans).

If we win I hope someone comes out and cites the media click bait beat-ups and how this is the effect of the media choosing to sensationalise everything for their own gain.

DS

snags

Tiger Superstar
Oct 28, 2005
Horrible couple days for vlas. I'm still hoping he makes it out there but that was a devastating blow.

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
Watch Dangerfield get off too, just to rub insult into injury.

Reactions: 1 user

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
Watch Dangerfield get off too, just to rub insult into injury.

You can’t smash someone in the neck/gead ith a stiff elbow to take them out of a Grand Final in the first quarter and not get a lengthy suspension.

It’s as simple as that. I was scared he might be paralysed.

SPH

Tiger Cub
Sep 3, 2008
Will find out how serious the AFL are about deliberate elbows to the head that cause concussion

bob

Tiger Superstar
Mar 18, 2014
Will find out how serious the AFL are about deliberate elbows to the head that cause concussion
He doesnt care. He wants a flag at all costs.
Rohan's knee to Broad wasnt quite an accident either.

Plus Danger will get off. Bet my house on it.

Reactions: 1 user

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
BT said Clangerfields arm was outstretched going for the ball couldn’t do much about contact with Vlastuin
What BS Clangerfield brings arm back & elbows Vlastuin

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
BT said Clangerfields arm was outstretched going for the ball couldn’t do much about contact with Vlastuin
What BS Clangerfield brings arm back & elbows Vlastuin

Straight arm when punching the ball, bent elbow when contact was made

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
Two actions. After the ball was gone he raised the elbow.

In his defence it all happened pretty quick and I wouldn't normally consider him a dirty player, but if the AFL are fair dinkum he has to get suspended. Anyway, that circus will play out separately.

My concern is for Nick's well being. He's had a few head knocks. I hope he has no lasting effects.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
The head is sacrosanct. Nick missed the rest of the game with concussion. It was a forearms/elbow to the head.

Danger should get a $250 fine, think that’ll do it....