Nick Vlastuin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Nick Vlastuin

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Two actions. After the ball was gone he raised the elbow.

In his defence it all happened pretty quick and I wouldn't normally consider him a dirty player, but if the AFL are fair dinkum he has to get suspended. Anyway, that circus will play out separately.

My concern is for Nick's well being. He's had a few head knocks. I hope he has no lasting effects.
Yeah he should be suspended

Reactions: 1 user

toothless

Tiger Champion
Aug 16, 2009
Took us until 3rd quarter to reorganise the defence... But reorganise it we did.
Thankfully we didn't need to wait a quarter of a season like it was in 2019 after Tross did his knee

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
You can’t smash someone in the neck/gead ith a stiff elbow to take them out of a Grand Final in the first quarter and not get a lengthy suspension.

It’s as simple as that. I was scared he might be paralysed.

He was. Dangerfield couldn't get near it all night.

• Haha

Birdman19

Plodder
Apr 16, 2009
Tough 24 hrs for Vlossy. House get lit up. He gets lit up by Dangerfield 5 mins in...Now he is enjoying the GF celebration and is getting lit. Talk about an emotional roller coaster.

Reactions: 1 user

WildStyle

Tiger Superstar
Aug 24, 2020
Tough 24 hrs for Vlossy. House get lit up. He gets lit up by Dangerfield 5 mins in...Now he is enjoying the GF celebration and is getting lit. Talk about an emotional roller coaster.
Probably would have won by 50 with him but it's ok. There's always next year.

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
The inbreds set fire to his house. Then, in the game, a terrified banjo player drives an elbow through his jaw.

Dustin Martin did not much more than step on banjoes.

And Nick Vlastuin has his third Preeemiership medal.

If it's not justice it's nearly poetry.

Reactions: 8 users

Raoul Juke

Tiger Rookie
Mar 23, 2019
At least you have not wavered from your world view. Hope the flag gives you some joy,

It's been a horrendous year in so many way. The witchhunt on our team all season has been awful, amid a year when a lot fo us saw personal things in our life go equally awful. Sport is always meant to be an escape from such things, this year i felt it absorbed even that, especially for our club. So much hate. So much insult. Even neutral friends took joy in telling me they hoped we get smashed tonight, purely because they hated RFC so much.

The victory was exceptional. I was there tonight. I will treasure this flag like no other. I am very glad the season is over - it pained me seeing good people like Cotchin, Grimes, Lynch & Vloss be torn to shreds to the extent where it had very real side effects on their personal lives. That house which these pricks put on fire, Vloss built with his own hands. When he got knocked out i was completely deflated for him & the idea of these turds getting more joy in seeing him laid out made me sick.

I am very happy to see us lift the cup. It is the hardest earned flag in the history of the AFL. It certainly gave me a lot of joy, but i am really glad its all over.

I hope 2021 can bring the world some peace from the hateful chaos we have seen become our norm in the past 4 years. Irrelevant if we win or lose, i'd really like to see the AFL's culture in the media and among the fans be a little more respectful than that we saw this season. The flag is very much like finding a diamond in a steaming *smile*.

Reactions: 12 users

Mantikorr

Tiger Superstar
Apr 26, 2006
Least amount of time on ground for a premiership medal?

So glad we got up, he's had a rough couple of days, and some crap thrown at him during the year basically being labelled a cheat twice. Deserves his 3rd premiership. Stay tough Vlas

Raoul Juke

Tiger Rookie
Mar 23, 2019
Is this description in the AFL website for real?

Nick Vlastuin – 1
An absolute nightmare two days for Vlastuin, with one of his properties the subject of an arson attack, and then knocked out cold in the opening three minutes of the match. Collided with the arm of Patrick Dangerfield – who had completed a spoil milliseconds prior – and was stretchered off.

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
Is this description in the AFL website for real?

Nick Vlastuin – 1
An absolute nightmare two days for Vlastuin, with one of his properties the subject of an arson attack, and then knocked out cold in the opening three minutes of the match. Collided with the arm of Patrick Dangerfield – who had completed a spoil milliseconds prior – and was stretchered off.

Gee, I hope Paddy's arm is okay.

• Angry
Reactions: 5 users

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
Least amount of time on ground for a premiership medal?

So glad we got up, he's had a rough couple of days, and some crap thrown at him during the year basically being labelled a cheat twice. Deserves his 3rd premiership. Stay tough Vlas

Think this is correct
One of our Tiger GF greats who won 4 flags - Mike Green - spent the entire ‘67 GF on the bench wearing a dressing gown

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
It's been a horrendous year in so many way. The witchhunt on our team all season has been awful, amid a year when a lot fo us saw personal things in our life go equally awful. Sport is always meant to be an escape from such things, this year i felt it absorbed even that, especially for our club. So much hate. So much insult. Even neutral friends took joy in telling me they hoped we get smashed tonight, purely because they hated RFC so much.

The victory was exceptional. I was there tonight. I will treasure this flag like no other. I am very glad the season is over - it pained me seeing good people like Cotchin, Grimes, Lynch & Vloss be torn to shreds to the extent where it had very real side effects on their personal lives. That house which these pricks put on fire, Vloss built with his own hands. When he got knocked out i was completely deflated for him & the idea of these turds getting more joy in seeing him laid out made me sick.

I am very happy to see us lift the cup. It is the hardest earned flag in the history of the AFL. It certainly gave me a lot of joy, but i am really glad its all over.

I hope 2021 can bring the world some peace from the hateful chaos we have seen become our norm in the past 4 years. Irrelevant if we win or lose, i'd really like to see the AFL's culture in the media and among the fans be a little more respectful than that we saw this season. The flag is very much like finding a diamond in a steaming *smile*.
Amen.