Nick Vlastuin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Nick Vlastuin

bairdy380

Beer friend me good...
Dec 9, 2004
Had great field position today… team mates kept ignoring and blasting to 2 on 1s down the line… it was infuriating

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Has really dropped off after a strong start to the year.

Nowhere near the All Australian level he was at.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
How bad his injury? I'm thinking out for last 2 at the very least. Grimes and Vlastuin out will hurt a bit.

Reactions: 1 user

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
How bad his injury? I'm thinking out for last 2 at the very least. Grimes and Vlastuin out will hurt a bit.
Yeah any update on this? Those two out of our backline is a massive loss.

Still two games to win and these injuries to key players really hurt. We can’t take a trick this year.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Looks like Vlastiin is done. Hearing reports of broken ribs. He looked extremely ginger going down the race and I wasn't looking at his hair.

• Angry
Reactions: 1 user

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
It’s pretty messed up that injuring vlastuin like that is legal. Dixon Didn’t touch or really go for the ball.

Reactions: 7 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Depends. If there is a bye before finals may be ok
There is a bye, but I still reckon it may be touch and go. Having that thug Dixon ram his knee into the ribs would have done damage. Maybe the MRO could look at that, instead of trying to manufacture charges on things that don’t cause damage.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Remember when Dermie played in that inflatable vest thing when he had broken ribs.

Reactions: 1 users

tiger76

Tiger Superstar
Mar 26, 2014
It’s pretty messed up that injuring vlastuin like that is legal. Dixon Didn’t touch or really go for the ball.
Yeah it was a pretty unrealistic attempt if he was going for the ball, which he wasn’t.

May have even been accused of rough conduct if he was wearing a different jumper.

snags

Tiger Superstar
Oct 28, 2005
Dixon absolutely lined him up. Took his eyes off the ball and had a singular focus to inflict damage.

Reactions: 4 users

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
Dixon absolutely lined him up. Took his eyes off the ball and had a singular focus to inflict damage.
Just watched the replay - this isn't right. He was all eyes for the football, and looked down just at the second he was about to collide. He wasn't lining him up. He was going for the ball.
It's very unfortunate Vlaustin is injured, and it's possibly going to cost us dearly, but this is a part of football. It is still a contact sport after all.

Reactions: 6 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne

Nah, just following precedent - 2020GF, Rd 1 2021 and now this. You're allowed to injure Vlastuin apparently. If he has any issues later in life I hope he sues the crap out of the AFL.

DS

Reactions: 4 users