Noah Balta - Welcome to Tigerland | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Noah Balta - Welcome to Tigerland

He should be AA fullback

he obviously wont be. But he should be

Reactions: 5 users
Was Noah Balta's ball use in the first half tonight the equal of any ball use ever seen? At Richmond, Riewoldt, Edwards. Peak Cotchin. They have had moments and freak ball use is a modern thing. The young players are better.

Dusty must have had better uses? Of course. But the freak speed and vision of Balta. The touch. Wow.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Scott has turned Blicavs into a trans-footballer.

no way will we do the same with Notorius.

I normally dont think theres anything wrong with being trans-

but in a dynastical footy team, I do

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
The thought of playing Balta anywhere else but defence is stupid.
Gee thanks, wasn't too long ago he was playing second ruck and doing really well. Everyone was asking if we could play him and dave in the same team, here is a way we can and not lose anything. Chop will need to cover lynch in the forward line.

Reactions: 1 user
Gee thanks, wasn't too long ago he was playing second ruck and doing really well. Everyone was asking if we could play him and dave in the same team, here is a way we can and not lose anything. Chop will need to cover lynch in the forward line.
Why would you take a bloke out of a position he has dominated for 3/4 of the season? It makes no sense. Look else where to fix the Lynch problem. Because in case you haven’t noticed it’s our rock solid defence that is keeping the second best team to 1 goal in 3 quarters.

Reactions: 12 users
Why would you take a bloke out of a position he has dominated for 3/4 of the season? It makes no sense. Look else where to fix the Lynch problem. Because in case you haven’t noticed it’s our rock solid defence that is keeping the second best team to 1 goal in 3 quarters.
DTLD to full forward? ;)

Reactions: 3 users
Not the most stupid of ideas.
Didn’t he kick 3 on debut???
He did, in a flogging at the hands of Melbourne.

Funny story, my brother and I had a few at that game, and a few more at the London afterwards. In walks young Jack Riewoldt, fresh off kicking something like 3.7. He was just starting to emerge, but was copping a bit of the media crap he's always had to put up with - body language, etc. I turn away from the bar and we're eye to eye (that's why I never bought he was 195cm, cos I'm 191).

"Jack!" I say, patting him on the chest (they love that). "Jack, maaaaate! Don't listen to all this media rubbish. We *smile*' love ya! But mate. Ya shoulda kicked seven today."

He kicks the ground sheepishly. "Yeah, I know."

A couple of weeks later he kicked 10 against West Coast and went on to win his first Coleman.

And I never got a thank you call.

• Haha
Reactions: 12 users
I reckon he’d be just a bit dirty on Dylan taking that third-man up hanger. He had Hawkins beaten and was in position 1A for the intercept. It happened a couple of times that a 3rd man was superfluous. I’ve got a little suspicion that Notorious sweats on clunking an early 50-50 contest, for alpha reasons.

What a story this bloke is. He's been outstanding. How many key backmen have had better seasons? Harris Andrews maybe? Balta should be AA.

He's miles ahead of Rance at the same stage of their careers.

Reactions: 4 users
Hawkins was doing his usual pushing in the back and the side but noah stood firm.

and he's still a kid.

Reactions: 6 users
When I was at uni, I had a one night stand. There wasn't a lot of intimacy, just wham bam thank you mam. I felt a bit dirty the next day and still do a bit.

I cab only imagine that's how Noah feels right now after doing a number on Hawkins.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Was Noah Balta's ball use in the first half tonight the equal of any ball use ever seen? At Richmond, Riewoldt, Edwards. Peak Cotchin. They have had moments and freak ball use is a modern thing. The young players are better.

Dusty must have had better uses? Of course. But the freak speed and vision of Balta. The touch. Wow.
We really saw it first in the Smelbourne game which was much lower pressure. Took towering marks, then delivered rocket, low-flying 50m pass after pass that hit a superbly chosen spectrum of targets to launch attacks.

My argument last year was he is a natural attacker and a potential forward weapon. Rance's departure determined his fate for now.
But if Astbury recovers fine, and Jack reaches his use-by date .... would love to see him moved to CHF.

• Wow