Chris Newman [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Chris Newman [Merged]

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
Just heard him speak on 5AA, am very impressed with the way he talks. Said all the right things and was extrememly impressed with the way he conducted himself.

checkside

Tiger Legend
Sep 23, 2005
Australia
Re: Chris Newman

shawry said:
Just heard him speak on 5AA, am very impressed with the way he talks. Said all the right things and was extrememly impressed with the way he conducted himself.
What did he say Shawry?

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia

checkside said:
shawry said:
What did he say Shawry?
WE got a lot of the usual but here goes:
- They were embarrassed by the performance
- Havent been punishedo n the track Wallace trying ot stay positive.
- Looking forward to getting a chance to redeem themselves, they are going to go in hard (something to that effect)
- Good mates still with David Rodan, was disappointed at the time he got delisted but is rapt to see him doing well. Wants to play on him this week.
- When askedi f Gaspar situation had anything to do with the performance, he said certainly not at least not from his point of view. Said that Daren has been a tremendous influence on his career pretty much from the word go and it was a shock when told, however he didnt feel it had anything to do with the result adn the way the playters played.
- Want ot come back in a big way and win this week.
- Want to do well early to shut the crowd out of it as they can e a factor if Port get on top early. (to be honest I dont think there will be a big crowd)

I am sure there was moer but I didnt make any notes. He was impressive nad I probably didnt summarise properly, but I liked what I heard. Good kid.

I hope you can interpret my typing

Shawry

justice

Tiger Rookie
Apr 23, 2007

why are they speaking to bogans from adelaide all of a sudden?

it was all no comment yesterday so whats changed

Stabilo

Tiger Cub
Mar 7, 2007

nice guy but not playing well at the minute for me. i know alot aren't playing well i realise that but i am a little dissapointed that newman is getting a game.

feisty tige

Tiger Legend
Oct 15, 2003
Dandenong

Yeah, he isn't playing well after coming back from a BROKEN leg... I would expect more too... NOT

Considering our year has been crap, I think this season will be a good thing for Newman. (Get some run into his legs)

Herr_Tiger

Tiger Superstar
May 23, 2005
Peel

he's a bit too porous (at the moment) as a close checking defender but am rapt in his recovery

what, no 6am training session ????

Stabilo

Tiger Cub
Mar 7, 2007

yeah i must say i can't question that his recovery back to football has been first class and hope he stays fit and strong for the remainder of the year and beyond

Growl

Ten flags and counting
Apr 3, 2007

Unfortunately that has always been a slight drawback with Chris' game but you can't have a player starting to move the ball from the back line and not occasionally get caught out - specially if there is a quick turnover.

I'm just pleased to see him coping with his comeback and, hopefully, with none of the complications that Brown seems to be going through.

pokey

Coffee never tasted so good
Mar 10, 2007
Melbourne
betterlifecoachingblog.com

He's a beauty and has obviously worked extremely hard to get back to almost full fitness.

One of his strengths pre-break was his ability to close down the space between his opponent and the ball at the last moment to get the spoil in. I suspect that he is playing the same style of footy, but is yet to get back his dynamic speed. Hopefully, that's not too far away.

mb64

Tiger Legend
Jul 26, 2004
Melbourne

shawry said:
Will take some time to get back to his old form.Good player & potential skipper.

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD

About the last player of any trade value we have at the moment, but if traded we'd have even less muscle out on the park.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com

mb64 said:
shawry said:
Will take some time to get back to his old form.Good player & potential skipper.

Maybe mb, good to see he's recovered well. Wish the same could be said for Brown..
Not sure he's a good enough player to be our next skipper but there would be worse choices.
I've got NFI who our next captain will be.. :spin

justice

Tiger Rookie
Apr 23, 2007

id like to see him get some goals into his game like gilbee and mcmahon, i dont mind him playing loose if he can snag a few going the other way instead of just kicking across field all the time