Noah Balta - Welcome to Tigerland | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Noah Balta - Welcome to Tigerland

Especially since you argued obstinately that he was an absolute backman only, the Rance replacement only!! :LOL:

As much as you are trying to walk away from it nowadays.
The Fraser Gehrig comparison was based on football ability not positional.

Balta has played most of his career so far as a key defender. In a Premiership no less.
I’m so far in front of the ledger over you who said he was only a forward that’s it’s not even worth a debate.
You must have flogged yourself senseless today seeing him play forward in an intra club. Clean up your mess and bait someone else.

Liked his efforts today around forward and even showed some handy efforts around the ground when rucking.

Love watching the lad kick through the footy, haven't seen him do it often enough with him in defensive 50.

Reactions: 1 user

Balta has played most of his career so far as a key defender. In a Premiership no less.
I’m so far in front of the ledger over you who said he was only a forward that’s it’s not even worth a debate.
You must have flogged yourself senseless today seeing him play forward in an intra club. Clean up your mess and bait someone else.
You are just a scurrilous flog of a poster who could not even lie straight in bed. Rather than indulge yourself in puerile insults fit for a newly pubescent schoolboy, why don't you have the honesty to own your own posts? You seem to revel in that level of grotty 'humour'.

As you well know Balta has played in several roles including ruck and up forward at times. He's highly capable. athletic and versatile. The premature retirement of Alex Rance compelled him to fill the hole as a KPF, which he has done very, very well. However, the jury is out on whether that is definitively his best or permanent position. The recruitment of Tarrant and hopeful upgrade of Miller allows the club to explore the afore-mentioned options with Noah again.

Seems like I'll have to cite some of your previous your pigeon-holed thinking re Noah's capabilities since you cannot own them. For you to now deny your entrenched prior view seems typical of your dubious character. It's not such a big deal to me as I'm a huge Balta fan wherever he plays, I simply argued that he demonstrates natural attacking instincts and flair, but denying your own prior arguments is just weak as.

You are just a scurrilous flog of a poster who could not even lie straight in bed. Rather than indulge yourself in puerile insults fit for a newly pubescent schoolboy, why don't you have the honesty to own your own posts? You seem to revel in that level of grotty 'humour'.

As you well know Balta has played in several roles including ruck and up forward at times. He's highly capable. athletic and versatile. The premature retirement of Alex Rance compelled him to fill the hole as a KPF, which he has done very, very well. However, the jury is out on whether that is definitively his best or permanent position. The recruitment of Tarrant and hopeful upgrade of Miller allows the club to explore the afore-mentioned options with Noah again.

Seems like I'll have to cite some of previous your pigeon-holed thinking re Noah's capabilities since you cannot own them. For you to now deny your entrenched prior view seems typical of your dubious character. It's not such a big deal to me as I'm a huge Balta fan wherever he plays, I simply argued that he demonstrates natural attacking instincts and flair, but denying your own prior arguments is just weak as.
Back to your M.O I see.
Launching personal attacks because you don’t have any original thoughts.
Think others on here have been very clear with you in the past that your personal attacks are not welcome but here you are again.
The pathetic, snivelling cherry picker that you will always be.
A leopard cannot change its spots.

Last edited:
Back to your M.O I see.
Launching personal attacks because you don’t have any original thoughts.
Think others on here have been very clear with you in the past that your personal attacks are not welcome but here you are again.
The pathetic, snivelling cherry picker that you will always be.
A leopard cannot change is spots.
What MO, dipstick? You know little of my posts or views but have to resort to scurrilous insults whenever challenged. You don't speak for any 'others' on here. Stop referencing 'others' in a vain and whimpy effort for endorsement of your conceited, self-righteous opinions. See, you cannot own them! Instead you try to claim these mystery 'others' are on your side. As if! So weak you cannot even mount any defense on your own ... but such a big man on PRE (in your own mind).

As for supposed personal attacks, my calling you out in perfectly civil language and form on your deceitful, hypocritical calls for Balta to now play forward was met with - "You must have flogged yourself senseless today seeing him play forward in an intra club. Clean up your mess and bait someone else." That's what you call an insulting personal attack. What a flog you are!

You are a grubby hypocrite and really dishonest. Very few jump to puerile sexual insults on PRE like you if someone dares to point out your falsities. What's so pathetic is your inability to even address a topic honestly but hide behind such cheap insults, throwing crap at someone pointing out your reversals.

So busy trying to delete your old posts I bet. Might need to consult the mods re that.

What's with the cherry-picker and leopards? I love cherries btw ,,, for whatever relevance that has!! :rotfl2
And BTW, to be correct, leopards have rosettes, not 'spots'. For whatever relevance that has either.:rotfl2

Last edited:

Double post.

Seems like I'll have to cite some of your previous your pigeon-holed thinking re Noah's capabilities since you cannot own them. For you to now deny your entrenched prior view seems typical of your dubious character. It's not such a big deal to me as I'm a huge Balta fan wherever he plays, I simply argued that he demonstrates natural attacking instincts and flair, but denying your own prior arguments is just weak as.
What did you think of McIntosh's game today ? Im thinking he will become a 200 game player

• Haha
Balta’s not a forward. The law of averages says he’ll kick some goals if left in the forward line long enough, but who wants average?

We have an unhealthy fascination with playing guys out of position, hoping they’ll somehow defy a lifetime of exposed form. We see Balta’s size, his agility, his ability to take a grab, that massive kick, and we think, hey, this guy has all the attributes. He could be our Hawkins. Or the next Richo. But there’s a problem.

He’s just not a forward. He doesn’t see the game the way forwards do. He doesn’t have the timing, the craftiness, the nous. And so we waste an opportunity to have a gun half back, roaming ruck, or even a tall winger, while he stagnates in the forward line wondering why it’s all so hard all of a sudden.

And it’s not just Balta. Take Caddy, for example. Caddy is a forward. Not a wing, not an onballer. He’s a forward. Leave him and Balta in the forward line for a season, and we all know who will kick more goals.

So much of our success has come from encouraging players to play to their strengths. We should abandon the experiments and stick with what works.

Reactions: 9 users
Balta’s not a forward. The law of averages says he’ll kick some goals if left in the forward line long enough, but who wants average?

We have an unhealthy fascination with playing guys out of position, hoping they’ll somehow defy a lifetime of exposed form. We see Balta’s size, his agility, his ability to take a grab, that massive kick, and we think, hey, this guy has all the attributes. He could be our Hawkins. Or the next Richo. But there’s a problem.

He’s just not a forward. He doesn’t see the game the way forwards do. He doesn’t have the timing, the craftiness, the nous. And so we waste an opportunity to have a gun half back, roaming ruck, or even a tall winger, while he stagnates in the forward line wondering why it’s all so hard all of a sudden.

And it’s not just Balta. Take Caddy, for example. Caddy is a forward. Not a wing, not an onballer. He’s a forward. Leave him and Balta in the forward line for a season, and we all know who will kick more goals.

So much of our success has come from encouraging players to play to their strengths. We should abandon the experiments and stick with what works.
I was hoping Balta with his height and athleticism would be our version of Kouta

Reactions: 5 users

Great post!

Reactions: 1 users

Caddy came to us as a midfielder and Balta a forward.

Only experimenting found themselves in different more productive roles.........

Reactions: 6 users

David Neitz & Fraser Gherig were both seen as defenders with some foward ability in the first 4-5 years but both evolved into elite fowards and there is no reason why Balta cant do the same as he has that hunger and determination to succeed in what ever position he plays and combine that with his strength athletic ability and height.

He could easily become a 50 goal foward

Reactions: 2 users

Great, great post. My chief frustration with the Match Committee these last 18 months.
Followed by who ever is strategising and training our kick ins - IMO our kick ins havent improved since 2019, they remain cringeworthy. And again on Saturday. I'd bet my house the kick ins on Saturday are how we will play all year and once agaiin, we will give away cheap goals in many games.

Back to Bidds excellent post.
Balta may do a few good things in the forward line from time to time, especially if he's lucky enough to get the opposition's 3rd or 4th best defender. But a forward player he is not for the reasons perfectly said by Bidds.

The skills and smarts Balta is lacking to be a forward is exactly what Caddy has always had. Caddy's best footy at Geelong, GCS and with us was as a forward. Hopeless mid or on the wing. I dont hold much hope with the MC on this either.

Many posters believe Rioli at HB is a win. Not for me, he's not Christian Salem IMO.
Stack forward. I can't see it. Sure he has the ego for it, wants to be the lead actor. But doesnt have the fitness or temperament. - he cant work out how to stay out of the way of the other forwards. If Stack could become even 70% of how Shane Edwards plays HF then yes; but IMO, being forward doesnt play to his strengths.

I will give the MC a win with Baker though. He's turning into an excellent centre forward player.

Last edited:
Some good posts in this thread, however I think in the modern game, the more flexible your squad is, the better your chances of success.
There are countless examples in our team where players were recruited as forwards & became defenders & vice versa as well as mids who became flankers.
Much of this has coincided with our success. I'll back our footy dept in.

Reactions: 5 users