Noah Balta - Welcome to Tigerland | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Noah Balta - Welcome to Tigerland

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
I liked the concept of Balta forward and after today I like it in practice.

It's actually benefiting Riewoldt more than anything, the big boys are going to Lynch and Balta and he is getting a soft kill. Not many teams have the depth down back to deal with three or four 190cm plus marking targets.
Riewoldt will exploit the oppositions third best defender. His footy smarts alone will net him 2 goals.

Reactions: 3 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
I was against Balta moving forward. I thought he didn’t have the smarts to play that role plus it would weaken our backline. On today’s performance looks like I was wrong.

Reactions: 6 users

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
I was against Balta moving forward. I thought he didn’t have the smarts to play that role plus it would weaken our backline. On today’s performance looks like I was wrong.
Still a watch this space for mine. Looked a fail last week but a success this week. Let's see what happens in the real deal but worth a look regardless.

Reactions: 1 users

nikolasmia

Tiger Superstar
Sep 3, 2007
Being am elite KPD is one thing,
but Balta being elite Ruck/KPF would mean he would be the rarest player in the comp,

Reactions: 7 users

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
He was in Beast mode at times today

Running tackling and his foward.Ruck work was very good

Future Gherig

Reactions: 1 user

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Hasn't played 50 games yet n just starting to get a look at playing key forward, ruck and general dogs body all at the same time. Thinking that by the end of this season Balta just might establish himself as one of those awesome bastards that can generally beat up on anyone, anywhere, anytime on the field just because he feels like it.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
Hasn't played 50 games yet n just starting to get a look at playing key forward, ruck and general dogs body all at the same time. Thinking that by the end of this season Balta just might establish himself as one of those awesome bastards that can generally beat up on anyone, anywhere, anytime on the field just because he feels like it.
And remember he is only 22.

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Chol who, who the **** was CJ.

Balta is able to make, and get to a contest, something Mabs wasn’t able to do on many occasions.

Last edited:

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Balta will have his ups and downs learning the craft of playing KPF. But I believe very strongly that he will prove to be an absolute gun forward ... a champion for the Yellow and Black

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Whatever position he plays aside, what I really noticed was how invested and assured he looked.
Looks to have really matured in a football sense.

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Balta will have his ups and downs learning the craft of playing KPF. But I believe very strongly that he will prove to be an absolute gun forward ... a champion for the Yellow and Black
He is Frazer Grehig as forward
He is Kouta the ruck Rover
He is Harry Taylor as a defender
I've like him since the day we drafted him.
Pity we didn't do a Shazam in that draft and Draft Oscar Allen or Liam Ryan instead of Griffens part 2

Reactions: 1 users

Stackey

Tiger Rookie
Jan 13, 2022
Early days yet! Just Balta against the weakest side in the Comp! No wonder he looked good playing forward!

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Good to see Noah excel at VFA level yesterday against very poor individual opponents (chiefly Fat Boy and Reeves). But he does seem to know where to lead and not many will get near him if we can use the ball as we were allowed to yesterday.

He'll get his chance on Pittonet and de Konig next game. And might find himself matched on McGovern.

We couldn't have asked more of his preseason but young Balta will be tested in some big city games later this year. And then we need the basics. We know he couldn't be in a better learning environment.

Reactions: 5 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Going to be some sleepless nights for the third talls that have to play on Balta.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
I rewatched the first quarter last night. Woah. He was like a 16-year-old playing under-14s. Dominant. I think he had 10 touches, kicked 2.1 (set shot ftom 58, ridiculous ground gather and left-footed pea-shelling) and gave one off, and went into the ruck to show how easy that is.

Goodes? Kouta? Were they as good as Noah Balta at 22?

• Love
Reactions: 8 users