Noah Balta - Welcome to Tigerland | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Noah Balta - Welcome to Tigerland

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
Trying, or turning Balta and Gibcus into forwards seems like a dumb idea.
Wish the coaches would stop swerving all over the road.

Reactions: 3 users

Punt n Brunton

Tiger Purist
Sep 17, 2003
Watching him live on the weekend as a forward, confirms for me he is not a forward.

Doesn't have good running patterns, repeat leads, and got pushed out of marking contests way too easily. Simply not the football smarts to be a forward.

Send him back and keep him there. His athletic attributes are suited to a KPD role. Sure, if the game needs to swing in a 5 minute momentum shift, send him forward to give it a try, but he is no permanent forward.

Reactions: 3 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Geez Dimma get off the hooch and just play him in the *smile* backline where he belongs!!

Reactions: 1 user
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
He also doesn't have the endurance to play forward.

You watch Lynch's workrate by comparison. Would leave Noah in the dust.

Key forward is glamourous & the really good ones deserve the plaudits & financial rewards but it's a bloody hard role.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Geez Dimma get off the hooch and just play him in the *smile* backline where he belongs!!
As noted, we have too many key backs ATM. Gibbo, Balta, Tarrant, Miller even Biggie. Grimes and Broad can also play tall. Although I assume Tarrant will retire at the end of next year.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
As noted, we have too many key backs ATM. Gibbo, Balta, Tarrant, Miller even Biggie. Grimes and Broad can also play tall. Although I assume Tarrant will retire at the end of next year.
It's generally good policy to play your best players in their best positions. Balta is a very good player; as a defender. Much better right now than all of those other players you listed.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
It's generally good policy to play your best players in their best positions.
You are most likely right. Balta is a mich better KPD than forward. But we cant persist with Soldo as a 2nd ruck if we want to win the premiership, while the Noah Balta who played forward against the Crows or Giants would give us a shot. Unfortunately, if he plays forward, the Noah Balta we got against the Roos is more likely to turn up, and that doesnt help us at all.

This week Balta should go back, and either Miller forward, or Miller out and Ryan forward- as long as he wont be another Soldo.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
You are most likely right. Balta is a mich better KPD than forward. But we cant persist with Soldo as a 2nd ruck if we want to win the premiership, while the Noah Balta who played forward against the Crows or Giants would give us a shot. Unfortunately, if he plays forward, the Noah Balta we got against the Roos is more likely to turn up, and that doesnt help us at all.

This week Balta should go back, and either Miller forward, or Miller out and Ryan forward- as long as he wont be another Soldo.
Has Miller ever played forward?

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
He also doesn't have the endurance to play forward.

You watch Lynch's workrate by comparison. Would leave Noah in the dust.

Key forward is glamourous & the really good ones deserve the plaudits & financial rewards but it's a bloody hard role.
Just back from a soft tissue injury 3 or 4. Give him a go.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Has Miller ever played forward?
he trained there once.
its probably a desperate move, but he couldnt do worse than Balta, and Im convinced we need at least a 2nd tall forward, and we need someone who can compete at CBs, and I dont think we can play Soldo and Nank together this year. and Im not convinced Ryan will be the answer playing predominantly forward. and Im sure Balta is a better KPD than Miller.

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb

I believe Miller played as a ruck in Kalgoorlie for the railways team. After that at Subiaco not sure. Has relieved in the ruck in the VFL from time to time but at 22 and 198 not yet physically up to taking on monsters. He is still a project player but at this stage of our season he should be persevered with as a KPD.

Balta spent a lot of time preparing to play forward this year. Presumably there was a plan. That all changed only when Tarrant was sent to spend a stint in the VFL.
Then injury. He has plenty of footy smarts. Watched him extensively during his early days in the vfl over 2018. He along with Shai lit up the place. Be patient. He has great ball handling and a footy instinct. We know he has speed and agility and can mark and kick. Within his grasp to become another Jack.

D85

///
Nov 22, 2004
coburg
Balta is currently significantly better as a backman. If was going to experiment with his position though, it'd be around the coalface and just let him roam.

I think CHB or CHF though where he can be higher up the field, and pinch hit at stoppages, would be a terrific result long term. Future AA

saigon tiger

Tiger Superstar
Jun 4, 2010
Lots of hype on Balta and I understand in a sense has all the tools. But but been just average with the odd cameo since grand final day 2020. There was or is hope he would be a AA type player. Juries out in Vietnam.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
I believe Miller played as a ruck in Kalgoorlie for the railways team. After that at Subiaco not sure. Has relieved in the ruck in the VFL from time to time but at 22 and 198 not yet physically up to taking on monsters. He is still a project player but at this stage of our season he should be persevered with as a KPD.

Balta spent a lot of time preparing to play forward this year. Presumably there was a plan. That all changed only when Tarrant was sent to spend a stint in the VFL.
Then injury. He has plenty of footy smarts. Watched him extensively during his early days in the vfl over 2018. He along with Shai lit up the place. Be patient. He has great ball handling and a footy instinct. We know he has speed and agility and can mark and kick. Within his grasp to become another Jack.
Nah, he was sent back because in 5 out of 6 games forward he got 10 disposals or less. and Soldo came back into the team and we didnt want 5 tall forward/rucks.

Miller is 2 months younger, and 4 cm taller than Noah Balta. I know which one I would play out of position, and have banging up against "monsters" around the ground, if they are going to be equally effective.

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
I am sticking to Balta as a forward and Miller as a defender. Both to play in our next premiership team. We will have to wait to see where.

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
could be a golden knight as a key back

will be an idiot farm boy if played forward

No 4

I did what I did for the Tigers - Bridget
Feb 11, 2005
nunawading/mitcham
Trying, or turning Balta and Gibcus into forwards seems like a dumb idea.
Wish the coaches would stop swerving all over the road.
shortage of good forwards requires a re think. If Lynch, Balta & Jack play together, it's a very strong line up,

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
He isn't a blivass.
He isn't a running beast.
He needs alot of improvement. He sometimes plays like he picked up the game 5 yrs ago.
Really disappointing season.
He got me angry on weekend