Noah Balta - Welcome to Tigerland | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Noah Balta - Welcome to Tigerland

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Noah missed that airball. He was out of position, he threw everything at it - got air, was vulnerable, got tipped over, spilled it.

It was the finest moment of his career to date.

Back to his strengths, from the moment Balta walked into the club he was a natural running back. Good to see him running gain tonight.

It's only R2 but our project player is trending up atm.
There was a lot of Rance in Balta's game today.

Reactions: 7 users

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
Was Rance like at times.
That thought crossed my mind as well , particularly when Adelaide had their run of momentum,

My best memories of rance were of him fighting hard when things were not going our way

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

bricci

Tiger Rookie
May 7, 2004
Rance like is a perfect comparison. Don't forget Rance was subject to the odd calamity!
I have been pretty critical of Balta, at times, but he was awesome yesterday.
I just wish he would always go for the ball when its in the air - I reckon he only gets in trouble when he is too focused on his opponent.

Reactions: 1 user

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
night vision goggles next week please.
Glasses Seinfeld GIF
:mhihi

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
9 intercepts marks - 1 below the highest ever.

Best game since 2020 - great to see he made his presence known in that last qtr - could be in for a big year (hopefully)

BOG today

I was in Boganville on saturday and to me, he was clearly BOG. Great comeback this week.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Need to lobby for more day games.

Brilliant overhead today.
There could be something in that. He was back to that confident young bull when we were in real trouble. Critical to the win.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
would like to see him take the odd kick out and launch it to CHF
HE honestly could these days as you’re allowed to run about 20 metres out from the 10 metre square and then he’s capable of a 60m kick.

FitenFitenWin

Listen to the thunder RFC
Jul 30, 2009
Brisbane
I'd like him to run off a bit more and really burn his oppo. Double the pain seeing the ball move 80m away - 20m run 60m kick.

Even if it doesn't work - no way that ball's coming back from 80m before Balta's back and manning up.

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
From Robbo's 'likes' column:

4. Noah Balta

He floats between being horribly spasmodic and being a generational talent, and against the Crows it was the latter. He took nine intercept marks, which is a rare feat for a defender. The AFL record is 10, which is held by Tom Stewart, Jade Rawlings, Daniel Talia, Liam Jones, Steven May and Aliir Aliir. Balta played on Tex Walker and conceded two goals. Eleven of his 13 disposals were intercepts and he was third across the match for metres gained (479). They are the numbers, but it’s attitude which stands out when he plays well. He attacks the contests and is always on the bounce, always wanting to be involved.

https://www.codesports.com.au/afl/t...3/news-story/6481566883db5eb4d6339fc30aa19d7a