Noah Balta - Welcome to Tigerland | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Noah Balta - Welcome to Tigerland

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
9 intercepts marks - 1 below the highest ever.

Best game since 2020 - great to see he made his presence known in that last qtr - could be in for a big year (hopefully)

BOG today

Reactions: 5 users

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
Absolutely a step in the right direction today. Very good game. But that doesn’t alter his previous 2022 and last week’s form.

Further, did I - or anyone else say he should be dropped ? I actually said we need him in the team playing well. Do you remover that part ? Probably not.

Dunno, I didn't suggest you did. He's still young in KP terms and is learning the game so is going to have ups and downs. Fair enough to call it out when he doesn't perform, I only objected to your labelling of his game last week as "horrendous" which I still think was an exaggeration.

You seem very defensive of your opinion of him though. Just suggesting that you should be as quick to praise him this week as you were to judge him last.

checkside

Tiger Legend
Sep 23, 2005
Australia
And that’s the precise, net sum game isn’t it.

Hope we get another one from him next week. Get some of his 2020 mojo going again.
He’s a confidence player, just needed one good game again to get him going which he had today hopefully.

Reactions: 2 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Dunno, I didn't suggest you did. He's still young in KP terms and is learning the game so is going to have ups and downs. Fair enough to call it out when he doesn't perform, I only objected to your labelling of his game last week as "horrendous" which I still think was an exaggeration.

You seem very defensive of your opinion of him though. Just suggesting that you should be as quick to praise him this week as you were to judge him last.
The game only just finished you know !! Hah hah hah.. geezuz.

Not defensive of my opinion, but rather the group of people who all made similar constructive and valid assessments only to have a hysterical RCG faction start frothing at the mouth. Exaggeration ? Maybe go to post number 4257 and you’ll see some REAL exaggeration.

Reactions: 1 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Way better. Maybe his best ever. Looks so much better when runs straight ahead.

This is way he’s rated so highly, chalk and cheese from last week.

Reactions: 2 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Good to hear Noah had a cracker of game.

Will do wonders for his confidence, and this side right now needs him at his best, especially with Broad likely to get a holiday.

Looking forward to having Notorious back with that bit of swag.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Yes, that's fair enough. Reckon he was our best player today.
Pretty close. Balta, Hopper, D Rioli, Taranto, Baker. But I tell you what, just for you, I’ll give him 5 votes in the PRE Best Player voting and also prove to you how much of a balanced Libran I am …hah hah hah hah.

Actually, just looking at those votes, and I say this all the time, but no love for Broad ?

Did a good job - particularly when on Rankine.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Actually, just looking at those votes, and I say this all the time, but no love for Broad ?

Did a good job - particularly when on Rankine.
Did he go out of the game after that incident Redders?

Was seemigly playing very well prior to it.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Did he go out of the game after that incident Redders?

Was seemigly playing very well prior to it.
Maybe lost his flow a bit. Thought defensively, along with Noah, he was pretty good.

You wouldn’t wanna be playing in our backline right now the way the ball is transitioning out of our forward line, I know that for sure. Tough job.

zgod

Tiger Legend
Feb 25, 2008
His last QTR was fantastic. Walker was threatening to take the game apart. Gave him a bath in the last 15 minutes

Ice

Tiger Superstar
Jul 18, 2006
balta is great

love the experiment of rioli into defence, but dont ever move balta from KPD ever again

tigers80

Tiger Legend
Jul 7, 2004
night vision goggles next week please.
Glasses Seinfeld GIF

• Haha

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
Outstanding. He was like a magnet to the ball when it was in the air inside defensive 50. Keep building Noah.

Reactions: 1 user

Rfc4Ever

Tiger Legend
Oct 5, 2007
Perfect example of what Balta can become. No dodgy dinky kicks too, he actually used his strength being his booming kick

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Noah missed that airball. He was out of position, he threw everything at it - got air, was vulnerable, got tipped over, spilled it.

It was the finest moment of his career to date.

Back to his strengths, from the moment Balta walked into the club he was a natural running back. Good to see him running gain tonight.

It's only R2 but our project player is trending up atm.

Reactions: 4 users