Noah Balta - Welcome to Tigerland | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Noah Balta - Welcome to Tigerland

He did the same against the saints- but i dont know that it is petulance- i think he just works himself to exhaustion, particularly in a game like last night where nothing good is happening- he tries to create. that doesnt always end well, but i dont think his intention can be knocked.

I thought he was one of our best. yes Daniher kicked 5, but Balta won plenty of contests and provided some drive.

You can't knock his determination, it's when things go wrong that he needs to deal with better.

While he had plenty of the ball last night (think he was the biggest possession winner), he continually turned it over. His kicking was horrendous

You can't knock his determination, it's when things go wrong that he needs to deal with better.

While he had plenty of the ball last night (think he was the biggest possession winner), he continually turned it over. His kicking was horrendous

Kicking to stationery targets can make it look like that. Not saying Noah was brilliant last night, but seemed to be 1 of our best on TV, and continually tried to take the game on as he does. The fact we had no-one to mark the ball down the line, and if we then got it over the line, we probably would lose the clearance it was a tough game for a backman.

Reactions: 1 user
Absolute lock for FB must not be moved from that position let him make it his own
Love his marking and clearance from the backline not his fault forwards couldn’t lock the ball in or kick goals

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Kicking to stationery targets can make it look like that. Not saying Noah was brilliant last night, but seemed to be 1 of our best on TV, and continually tried to take the game on as he does. The fact we had no-one to mark the ball down the line, and if we then got it over the line, we probably would lose the clearance it was a tough game for a backman.

He definitely took the game on. But bit off more than he could chew a few times. From above I could see him miss targets. On top of the 5 goals Daniher kicked, I reckon another 3 or 4 came from Balta's turnovers.

He's having a good season.
The ball was down there a lot & he repelled plenty.
Sheesh who'd want to be a defender with the way the ball kept coming in.
They deserve a bonu$ this week.

Reactions: 5 users
i reckon he has been told to run and kick the ball long

he didnt seem to be 'lowering his eyes' at all

Still makes a few mistakes but works himself into the ground and along with Broad and Vlastuin was the difference between us getting well beaten and one heck of a shellacking. Still reminds me of a pre 2016 Alex Rance and tracking well to at least match the champ

Still reminds me of a pre 2016 Alex Rance and tracking well to at least match the champ
There's a couple of classic games on Kayo during the 2012 season which i plan to watch to get a feel for how Rance played at that stage of his development (fourth season). I have hope Balta can replicate Rance in his own way.

Last edited:
The Flying Balta. Could make a 1970’s Scanlens footy card out of this. Just needs non matching socks or shorts and Craven Super Mild advertising in the background.

1689066322032.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users
What are those black socks? I noticed Hugo wearing them?
I think a number of clubs and players are wearing those anklet type socks now. Thought I noticed it a few weeks ago in an actual game. Can’t remember which game/team but I remember thinking that the AFL must have endorsed a change.

Those ones Noah is wearing might just be ad-hoc non game day or training items but I’m pretty sure some clubs are using shortened versions of their full socks in actual games.

Last edited:
Makes a number of schoolboy errors most matches with suicide passes but when it counts the lad stands up and makes several crucial interceptions today that kept us in the game.

Reactions: 2 users
What an outstanding game by Noah marked every thing a rock in the backline
BOG for mine

Reactions: 3 users
But for Taranto, Noah would be very close to winning the JDM imo. He has had an outstanding season.

Reactions: 1 users
Weapon down back. Getting continuity, understanding how to get it and run straight, fast and unleash hell.

Still makes some blues but the good is outweighing the bad by so far. Tidy a few things up and its Darcy Moore.

Reactions: 4 users