Noah Balta - Welcome to Tigerland | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Noah Balta - Welcome to Tigerland

tigerlove said:
He's had 36 contested possies in the last 3 games. To put that in perspective that average of 12 places him on top at the Tigers this year (Cotch and Martin around the 11.6 mark) and just shy of players such as Shiel, Heppel, O'Meara, Parker, Dangerfield, Bontempelli. And that's with limited midfield game time. DOn;t under-estimate his inside ability. It's looking pretty elite at this stage. You'd want to be using that advantage in the future.

Those numbers are insane. This for mine means we keep him in the midfield.

We need Miller to come on and develop into a good defender so Hardwick doesn't stick Balta in the backline as Rance's replacement.

Keep Balta in the middle.

yandb said:
We need Miller to come on and develop into a good defender so Hardwick doesn't stick Balta in the backline as Rance's replacement.

Keep Balta in the middle.

I have concerns for Miller. I know its only his second year but 4 possessions in the VFL shows he has a long way to go and, from what I've seen, other than some decent athletic traits he looks miles away.

BrisTiger24 said:
I have concerns for Miller. I know its only his second year but 4 possessions in the VFL shows he has a long way to go and, from what I've seen, other than some decent athletic traits he looks miles away.

Played in the ruck and not sure that's a comfortable position for him. Did get 23 hitouts but the Essendon ruck opponents were very raw as well. I'm not sure he's coming on that well though either at this stage but he's only 19.

tigerlove said:
Played in the ruck and not sure that's a comfortable position for him. Did get 23 hitouts but the Essendon ruck opponents were very raw as well. I'm not sure he's coming on that well though either at this stage but he's only 19.

Question is whether we have room for a speculative tall on the list. If we have to take 3 or 4 off the list (or more if we need to add Baker and Stack to the senior list), we have Grigg as a certainty, Bachar looks good enough to go on, I expect Bellis will go, maybe Menadue and maybe Moore. Miller looks vulnerable from that perspective

BrisTiger24 said:
Question is whether we have room for a speculative tall on the list. If we have to take 3 or 4 off the list (or more if we need to add Baker and Stack to the senior list), we have Grigg as a certainty, Bachar looks good enough to go on, I expect Bellis will go, maybe Menadue and maybe Moore. Miller looks vulnerable from that perspective

Most talls are speculative at younger age. He's 195cm and only 2nd year so I'd think based on history he'd still be safe but I guess that could depend on what new talent there is to pick up for next year.

tigerlove said:
Most talls are speculative at younger age. He's 195cm and only 2nd year so I'd think based on history he'd still be safe but I guess that could depend on what new talent there is to pick up for next year.

I think if we play him on the wing, in years to come he will be one of the most damaging players in the game.

BrisTiger24 said:

Todd Elton revisited? If so, he's still got 6 years to make it.

BrisTiger24 said:

Markov and Weller could go also.

Noah Balta showed elite small characteristics from his first games for the (intra)club. Read the fall. Ran onto it. Bachar Houli class at 18yo.

The best talls are elite smalls. Provided they can get there and compete in the air.

Getting there. That's been the challenge for Noah. Much as it was for the rookied Adam Goodes. And much as Sydney did with Adam Goodes we play Noah in the ruck (rucks are smalls - special smalls) so he is around the football. Goodes learned to find it because he was near it. Noah will find it if he's near it.

Goodes (for many years the best outside mid in the game) and Balta. Learning the tall game. Learning to find the ball when the umpire waits for them to turn up.

Did Noah Balta wait on Nathan Fyfe before schooling him for a ground ball? He doesn't know where to go yet but he is a freak at ground level.

Aerialist? He'll get there. But it's not a priority when you can play football.

craig said:
Can still be traded

Who's going to trade for Markov if he's contracted? Still have hopes for him but he's done nothing to warrant being chased by other clubs. Has little, if any, trade value imo.