NRL | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

NRL

Re: Re: The other finals - 2014

michael roach said:
That`s exactly what I was thinking.

Seeing the emotion from the Souths players and fans was brilliant.

Blokes like Burgess and Inglis in tears before the game had even ended.

I was imagining Cotchin and Jack etc. doing the same.
Geez it would be magic.

:)
If we win...mate it would be beyond epic.

michael roach said:
That`s exactly what I was thinking.

Seeing the emotion from the Souths players and fans was brilliant.

Blokes like Burgess and Inglis in tears before the game had even ended.

I was imagining Cotchin and Jack etc. doing the same.
Geez it would be magic.

I was just thinking what it would be like if we won a flag , would be unbelievable .

BrisTiger24 said:
Well done to South Sydney on winning the NRL premiership. I said it last week and will say it again, it gives me hope as a Richmond supporter. The atmosphere and the supporters singing the club song in jubilation after 40 years gives me a glimpse of what we can expect and it excites me so much.

I didn't know this thread included NRL, but anyway.... :hihi

Souths haven't won in 43 years and yet still lead the premierships. I can't believe Parramatta's only got 4 still.

TigerForce said:

Souths haven't won in 43 years and yet still lead the premierships. I can't believe Parramatta's only got 4 still.

Is the only way I can distinguish Souths and Richmond. Souths are the most successful team in NRL history. But it helps when you win 11 in a row or whatever it was in the 50s.

Still, the drought and the passionate supporter base who still turn up despite years of being down the bottom is what makes the similarity.

BrisTiger24 said:
Is the only way I can distinguish Souths and Richmond. Souths are the most successful team in NRL history. But it helps when you win 11 in a row or whatever it was in the 50s.

Still, the drought and the passionate supporter base who still turn up despite years of being down the bottom is what makes the similarity.

Yep all true similarities. Let's hope this is an omen we saw tonight. ;D

BrisTiger24 said:
Well done to South Sydney on winning the NRL premiership. I said it last week and will say it again, it gives me hope as a Richmond supporter. The atmosphere and the supporters singing the club song in jubilation after 40 years gives me a glimpse of what we can expect and it excites me so much.
most emotional football game have seen in years. Something for us to aim at. Amazing supporter base. Most emotional I have ever seen Rusty

BrisTiger24 said:

Think you will find it was St George who won all those premierships in th 50s and 60s. Souths runs were much earlier

As a Melbourne Storm supporter I was almost tearing up at the end as well when Souths broke the hoodoo!

It gave me an unsight into how I will be when my Tigers squash this hoodoo.

How will I be?

I will be a ball of blubbering mess crying up an absolute ocean!

(Rosy, thinking ahead, you may need to recruit a "Tears of Joy" emoticon to fully encapsulate the moment :hihi)

Gazmatron said:
most emotional football game have seen in years. Something for us to aim at. Amazing supporter base. Most emotional I have ever seen Rusty

Best moment I rekon was when the English player with the broken cheek bone , he was on crying with about 2 mins to go still on the ground . I liked there theme song as well .

Gazmatron said:
Think you will find it was St George who won all those premierships in th 50s and 60s. Souths runs were much earlier

You're right. Got my traditional teams mixed up.

TigerForce said:

Got me thinking about my grandfather. He died in 1972 mid season so Souths would have been reigning premiers. He was a Parramatta fan and died on the way out the door heading out to watch the Eels. At that time the Eeals had not won a premiership and had a record to envy StnKildas for wooden spoons. They finally broke through for 4 flags in the 80s. When he visited Melbourne he took me to Some of my earliest tigers matches at the G. When he died I was 11 and had seen two flags ... He had followed his club and seen none in the 26 years they were in the NSWRL. An early life lesson for me which I regularly recall as we head into our 35th season since our last flag.

(Rabbitohs pretty much won One flg in three for the first 60 years of the NSWRL)

I wonder who will play Russell Crowe in the movie

And they have snuck up on everybody big time,

If you watch all the nrl footy shows, they are just making up the numbers,

They have beaten all the top 4 sides in the last few weeks and are now one game away from the GF

feisty tige said:
Come on storm! Geez there are some big boys playing this game...

Not as strong and drilled as the last few years. We're missing Billy.

Could be an all Queensland GF in the NRL.

Yep, I was just thinking the synergy isn't there.

Love the commentary, guys jumper punching and they are saying... MMm well, they've got hold of each other's jumpers and holding on etc. very humerous and markedly different from the fervor that usually goes on in the afl if a similar incident occurred. ;D

feisty tige said:
Yep, I was just thinking the synergy isn't there.

Love the commentary, guys jumper punching and they are saying... MMm well, they've got hold of each other's jumpers and holding on etc. very humerous and markedly different from the fervor that usually goes on in the afl if a similar incident occurred. ;D

Yep. The refs are better too.